Check Fuel planner Version 1.3.0.1 

CFG874

Hi there,
I find it strange. Since the A330 came out, Aerosoft has been taking care of this type almost exclusively. All other topics remain virtually unanswered. Therefore, I open again and hope for an answer this time.
As I said, the one for the fuel planner for the A320 is getting worse. The fuel is much too high and jumps when you enter Alternate Distance from 1-5 gets bigger and smaller again.
I would have expected at least one short message from AS to work on it. If not I would have liked to have made the old file back from the previous version, unfortunately I did not make a copy because I would not have expected such a thing.
I also bought the A330, but I don't dare to fly it with IVAO on the net, not that I get into trouble later with the IVAC.
So here is my contribution again.

Check Fuel planner Version 1.3.0.1 

Hello since the update yesterday, the values are now not correct at all. 
Example A320 :
I flew yesterday before from YPDN to VTBS 2451 Nm  
158axes ZFW58414 TOW 76980 Kg FL340 FL360.
Fuel 18,6 t charged rest 5,1t consumption 13,5 T.
After the update I can not do this flight anymore.
The Fuel Planner calculates TOW 81959 Kg and Fuel 24,0 t.
This is simply wrong when I see the real consumption against it.
Even completely empty I only have a range of max. 2122 Nm.
So it didn't get better with the update.
Thanks CFG874 Bernd 

Fuel planner   Version 1.3.0.1 

Hallo seit dem Update gestern stimmen die Werte nun überhaupt nicht mehr. 
Beispiel A320 :
Bin gestern vorher geflogen von YPDN nach VTBS   2451 Nm  
158Paxe ZFW58414  TOW 76980 Kg    FL340 FL360.
Fuel 18,6 t berechnet Rest 5,1t  Verbrauch 13,5 T.
Nach dem Update kann ich diesen Flug nicht mehr machen.
Der Fuel Planner berechnet  TOW 81959 Kg   und Fuel 24,0 t.
Das ist einfach falsch wenn ich den realen Verbrauch dagegen sehe.
Selbst komplett leer  habe ich nur eine Reichweite von max.  2122 Nm.
Also besser ist es mit dem Update nicht geworden.
Danke CFG874 Bernd 

1 hour ago, CFG874 said:

I find it strange. Since the A330 came out, Aerosoft has been taking care of this type almost exclusively.

Well, it would stand to reason which we did the same thing with the smaller buses when they were released. It's just normal software development.  But we have released several recent updates for the smaller buses and we're working on yet another one which includes more changes to the Fuel Planner. By the way, there were two updates to the Fuel Planner for the smaller buses in the past several weeks, so.... that shows that we care indeed still developing for them.

1 hour ago, CFG874 said:

As I said, the one for the fuel planner for the A320 is getting worse.

Agreed!  I don't know why, but the Fuel Planner for the smaller buses and in particular the A320/A321 is pretty much dorked, and I'll be the first to say that we should be VERY sorry for releasing this to you guys.  Why it wasn't widely tested by our Beta team (and it absolutely wasn't) is a complete mystery to me, so no doubt about it this was a very bad mistake on our part, plain and simple.  Is there some good news?  Yep! We're working on a fix that shouldn't be too much longer, but I have even better news for you.

Even if the Fuel Planner values were perfect, it is my opinion the only reason anyone should ever use the AS Fuel Planner is to enter the final fuel amount and Trim, Generate a Load Sheet, and that's ALL.  There is so much the Fuel does not and will never take into account.  I've written about that so many times here in the forums that I'm just not going to cover it again - but my posts are here for anyone who wishes to read them.

Now, I am very late on getting a video together to show how to do fuel planning for the Airbuses using Simbrief and the AS Fuel Planner together, but there are only so many hours in the day and I just haven't been able to find the time.  But it's pretty easy and straight forward, use Simbrief to calculate your route and fuel amount, and then add that final fuel figure to the Fuel Planner, set the trim, Generate the Loadsheet, and call the Loadsheet up in MCDU2 for the smaller buses and MCDU3 in the A330.  Doing that is the ONLY correct way to use the Fuel Planner, and I don't recommend doing anything else. Well, you could supplement PFPX for Simbrief or use another similar tool of your chosing, but that's it.

1 hour ago, CFG874 said:

I flew yesterday before from YPDN to VTBS 2451 Nm  

Since you calculated that distance, you had to have used a different tool other than the AS Fuel Planner.

Best wishes!

since A330 release... the FuelPlanner is crazy... look :

PFPX vs FuelPlanner...

i check this flight this evening : 5H of flight... final fuel 5.2T... starting with 18.4... look FuelPlanner ==> not possible...

Why not separate the FuelPlanner for A320 Familly and one for A330?

Regards,

Sebastien

Please login to display this image.

19 minutes ago, Sébastien Sebastien said:

since A330 release... the FuelPlanner is crazy... look :

PFPX vs FuelPlanner...

i check this flight this evening : 5H of flight... final fuel 5.2T... starting with 18.4... look FuelPlanner ==> not possible...

Why not separate the FuelPlanner for A320 Familly and one for A330?

Regards,

Sebastien

Sebastien,

Just two sincere questions for you. 

Did you read my post above before posting in this thread?  Did you feel that your comments somehow contributed?

Looking forward to hearing back from you my friend.

Hi Dave

Sorry to butt in but do you know what figures the A318-A321 fuel planner uses for the Pax/ Baggage? i think Simbriefs default for Pax/Baggage is about 104 kgs/230 lbs per passenger.

Thanks

Rich

2 hours ago, keenrw said:

Hi Dave

Sorry to butt in but do you know what figures the A318-A321 fuel planner uses for the Pax/ Baggage? i think Simbriefs default for Pax/Baggage is about 104 kgs/230 lbs per passenger.

Thanks

Rich

1 Passenger with Baggage = 109kg

1 Passenger without Baggage is 84kg

Best wishes.

Hello Dave,
This time a quick realistic answer.
I do the FPL with SIM letter and try to integrate it into the AS Fuel Planner to get the same values as Distance, PAX, ZFW, TOW, LDW, I need these to get real values for calculating the FL, Step Climb and Trim get.
I adjust the wind for TOW LDW.
After the last current update 1.3.0.1 there are many values in the red area.
Without the AS Fuel Planner, I don't know where I can get the Trim values from.
Now wait for the announced video.
Thank you
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo Dave,
Diesmal eine schnelle realistische Antwort.
Ich mache die FPL mit SIMBrief und versuche diese in den AS Fuel Planer zu integrieren um auf gleiche Werte zu kommen wie Distance,  PAX, ZFW, TOW, LDW, Diese brauche ich um auf reale Werte für die Berechnung des FL, Step Climb und Trim zu kommen. 
Den Wind passe ich an für TOW LDW.
Nach dem letzten aktuellen Update 1.3.0.1 sind dann viele Werte im roten Bereich.  
Ohne den AS Fuel Planer weiss ich nicht woher ich die Werte für Trim bekomme. 
Warte jetzt ruhig auf das angekündigte Video.
Danke
CFG874 Bernd   

morning all just a note to dave to please post how to insert the simbrief calculations in the fuel planner. i see that they are close now but am curious about the center of gravity slide. should i slide it to the left until it goes green? or just set it in the middle. and derive the trim settings. cheers mate. steve

AS Fuel Planner (after it has been corrected)

1. Select Advanced Mode, Set the PAX and Cargo, obtain the ZFW.

SimBrief (Or alternative planner)

2. Create your flight plan, select the correct aircraft or aircraft profile, enter the ZFW from the AS Fuel Planner. Obtain Calculated Block/Takeoff Fuel.

3. Enter the Block/Takeoff Fuel in the Bottom Right under "Total".

4. Set your Takeoff Trim/CG

5. Select Generate Loadsheet

*Do not bother with anything else in the Fuel Planner.

In the Aircraft

6. In MCDU2(Smaller Buses) or MCDU3 (A330) Load/Fuel Page, select INIT LOADSHEET.

Done.

Thanks Dave  for your experience. but 1 part of my query above was take off trim and CG. should i slide it to the left until it goes green? or do i just get ot to 50 50. again thanks for your dedication to the community. regards Steve

33 minutes ago, mousemansteven said:

Thanks Dave  for your experience. but 1 part of my query above was take off trim and CG. should i slide it to the left until it goes green? or do i just get ot to 50 50. again thanks for your dedication to the community. regards Steve

Until what goes green?  CG/Trim should not affect any of the colors. 

I'm using the latest Fuel Planner under test right now, so what I see doesn't match what you see.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm using the latest Fuel Planner under test right now, so what I see doesn't match what you see.

And to add, with this version all values like weight and and under the Balance section are adjusted automatically when you manually enter the total fuel amount.

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I think he means when the TOW %MAC goes green

1 hour ago, keenrw said:

I think he means when the TOW %MAC goes green

It should be very, very tough to get the TOW %MAC to go red in any of the Airbus Professional Series including the A330. If someone is getting this in the Red then I'd argue there are other unrealistic values being used elsewhere in the Fuel Planner and there are probably other items that would be in the Red or close to it as well (at least with the updated version of the Fuel Planner which we have not released yet (coming soon though).  But to answer the question... Yes, if adjusting the Trim can put it back in the Green then sure thing then that's fine, but you might well have other values in the Red and changing the trim won't help with that. 

I've been using the updated Fuel Planner that is coming out to you guys very soon and it's the best version that we've had yet.  But my recommendation is to follow the following procedure for calculating fuel and using the fuel planner:

1. Select Advanced Mode, Set the PAX and Cargo, obtain the ZFW.

SimBrief (Or alternative planner)

2. Create your flight plan, select the correct aircraft or aircraft profile, enter the ZFW from the AS Fuel Planner. Obtain Calculated Block/Takeoff Fuel.

3. Enter the Block/Takeoff Fuel in the Bottom Right under "Total".

4. Set your Takeoff Trim/CG

5. Select Generate Loadsheet

*Do not bother with anything else in the Fuel Planner.

In the Aircraft

6. In MCDU2(Smaller Buses) or MCDU3 (A330) Load/Fuel Page, select INIT LOADSHEET.

Done.

Great explanation as always thanks Dave and looking forward to the new update , i still have to get the A330 soon lol keep meaning to get it but other stuff crops up that needs it. A friend of mine said that a ZFW COG of 30 is the optimum for the smaller bus (not sure about the 330) but anything from about 25-35 is fine and most of the performance charts for the 320s are based off a CG of 33%

10 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Great explanation as always thanks Dave and looking forward to the new update , i still have to get the A330 soon lol keep meaning to get it but other stuff crops up that needs it. A friend of mine said that a ZFW COG of 30 is the optimum for the smaller bus (not sure about the 330) but anything from about 25-35 is fine and most of the performance charts for the 320s are based off a CG of 33%

I believe that is correct.

Archived