Report on A330 Version 1.0.0.7

DaveCT2003

I made two complete flights today to test version 1.0.0.7, and I was very pleased with both flights.  I had no managed speed issues, no VNAV issues other that the aircraft was a few under feet off of crossing restrictions (remember that we're still tightening up the VNAV).  EFOB was spot on, fuel flow and burn were spot on as well.

The first light was 45 minutes up to FL230 and the second flight was 2 hours 30 minutes up to FL400.

We've had a few reports of some VERY strange things that we've not heard before, and I strongly suspect these kind folks did not disable their computer security and/or run the ASUpdater as Administrator.  If you're suffering from issues then I highly recommend installing the Airbus per the procedure I have posted in this forum (pinned to the top under Everything Else subject).

Best wishes!

I was very pleased with the flight that I did as well and mine was a 7hr flight...

My issue is not the A330 itself.. it's the fuel planner (will message in that thread 🙂 )

thanks for your hardwork guys... it is really appreciate it!!!

Regards,

You mention disabling security/anti-virus as though it's nothing. I did that to install this aircraft and unsurprisingly, 2 days later my computer wouldn't start and I had to pay to have malware removed. I have sophisticated add-ons from the big names and they don't require security to be disabled.

Richard 

Fuel Planner is screwed in this version. I had no issues with version 1.0.0.6 and before. Anyways could i roll back to the previous version without having to uninstall the plane and reinstalling the plane again? Or at least provide just the fuel planner app for download.

7 minutes ago, mopperle said:

and what exactly is "screwed"?

Fatal error occasionally when i launch fuel planner. Adding flight cruise level to fl230 for a short flight and tankering with return sector fuel results in fuel planner loading 143tonnes of fuel when it should only load around 18-20t of fuel. Amending payload causes the app to freeze with unhandled exception error. One instances i load the values and no crashes occurred thankfully but when i load the plane and loadsheet. The planes fuel value entered is different from the one that is selected from the fuel planner.  These errors did not occur in v1.0.0.6.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, to here that, but here it works fine. Can you give detailed examples with screeenshots of what you described above? Also detailed error messages please.

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

Soory, to here that, but here it works fine. Can you give detailed examples with screeenshots of what you described above? Also detailed error messages please.

Just did a full reinstall of the a330 with antivirus turned off. Updated to v1007 as admin also with antivirus turned off. Seems the issue is still around as of now.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '712214.165' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner.MainForm.Recalculate()
   at Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner.MainForm.trackBar1_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9148 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/Documents/Aerosoft/General/A3XX%20Fuel%20Planner/Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9136 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9147 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
wamvg1y9
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
0gazm6jk

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Please login to display this image.

I have temporary workaround without invoking any errors. Is to leave advanced parameters untouched. So to have more fuel i just add a lot of final reserve fuel that can be used as my return tankering fuel at the moment. App was able to generate loadsheet and i was able to get the correct fuel and load values on the plane.

Please login to display this image.

3 hours ago, chinjh said:

Just did a full reinstall of the a330 with antivirus turned off. Updated to v1007 as admin also with antivirus turned off. Seems the issue is still around as of now.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '712214.165' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner.MainForm.Recalculate()
   at Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner.MainForm.trackBar1_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9148 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/Documents/Aerosoft/General/A3XX%20Fuel%20Planner/Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
wamvg1y9
0gazm6jk

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have temporary workaround without invoking any errors. Is to leave advanced parameters untouched. So to have more fuel i just add a lot of final reserve fuel that can be used as my return tankering fuel at the moment. App was able to generate loadsheet and i was able to get the correct fuel and load values on the plane.

Did you manually remove the Airbus folders before reinstalling?

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Did you manually remove the Airbus folders before reinstalling?

Did a full uninstall using the Windows program remover from control panel. Includes removal of Aerosoft folder in Documents.

On 1/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, hipshot845 said:

You mention disabling security/anti-virus as though it's nothing. I did that to install this aircraft and unsurprisingly, 2 days later my computer wouldn't start and I had to pay to have malware removed. I have sophisticated add-ons from the big names and they don't require security to be disabled.

Richard 

Richard,

I am a retired computer engineer (mainframes to PCs and everything you can imagine in between) and I am formally trained in computer security and networking.  The reason you have to disable computer security for vast majority of FSX/P3D addons is because they install to protected folders, folders you would not normally want to disable protection for in your computer security.  If you search the Internet for the following phrase, you'll see that disabling computer security for FSX/P3D addons has been standard advice for the past 15 years.  I know this, because I've been doing support for at least that long my friend.  Search for either "FSX Disable Computer Security" or "P3D Disable Computer Security".

It stands to reason that if you disable computer security for a software installation, that you would re-enable it after the installation is complete (one should not have to be told to do that), however I went the extra mile to ensure the procedure I provided included that step, so if your computer became infected then all I will say is... I'm truly sorry to hear that, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the instructions I provided, even if I didn't specifically say to re-enable your computer security (although I did).

Best wishes my friend.

Archived