No Battery Power - nothing working !

EdS1945

I just installeed the CRJ Pro and after starting it, I detected that I could not start the Battery Master - the button works but with no consequence. Further I noticed that I could not switch on the EFB. On the image below one can also notice the Yoke in the extrem left  position. 

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Here are some important details:

SIM: P3d Version 4.5.13.32097

Virual C-++ 2015-2019 Redistributable x64 installed and active

Failure does not occur with other AS products (A320 fam, A330). Also the previous CRJ version works without a problem.

Also tried with following scenario: previous CRJ uninstalled - only CRJ Pro installed - same issue.

Running both versions paralell: CRJ old works fine,m CRJ Pro not (see above).

Appreciate any help solving this.

Thanks 

Ed Schlatter

Problem solved!

After a clean uninstall of P3d and new install with the CRJ PRO as the only addon aircraft (also no sceneries and/or tools addons installed), all is good.

Now its time to painstakingly find out which addon was causing the problem.

Ed Schlatter

• Developer

It's likely that some part of P3D was broken and reinstalling it fixed it. This specific issue (not loading the gauge DLL because of a missing dependency) can't be caused by other updates unless they uninstall or overwrite something.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 12:11 AM, EdS1945 said:

Problem solved!

After a clean uninstall of P3d and new install with the CRJ PRO as the only addon aircraft (also no sceneries and/or tools addons installed), all is good.

Now its time to painstakingly find out which addon was causing the problem.

Ed Schlatter

Hi Ed did u find out which add on caused this problem

• 4 months later...

Sorry to say, also when QualityWings 787 is installed after or even before CRJ Professional, the cockpit don´t initialize anymore.

Could be a problem with True Glass or Real Light, which is shared by both programs and each program needs it´s own values?

At least both programs are producing Prepar3D.cfg_TrueGlass_Backup.cfg and Real Light_Backup.cfg files at Roaming\Lockheed Martin-Prepar3Dv4.

Also UISettings.xml is modified. But I don´t know how to handle these.

Good, that the 787 has some major VNAV issues,  I won´t miss it.

Kind regards,

Herbert

I've found that for most quality payware planes (Aerosoft, PMDG, Quality wings) I just run into to too many problem switching between planes in the same sim session. If change types within a publication (like rj-900 to -1000) then I'm good. Jumping between publishers always kicks up some dust. PMDG has gone as far as saying "fresh session" for using their birds. 

Thanks, yes, I´m used to restart Prepar when I change aircraft. But for the issue explained, the CRJ cockpit never initalize again, so the QW installation ruins my beloved plane.

No problems with FSLabs, PMDG, FeelThere and Captain Sim installations, but as example the don´t use TrueGlass.

Kind regards,

Herbert

Do you have the 2.0.0.3 version installed by enabling the experimental updates in the Aerosoft updater? The black screen issue is often fixed by that 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever managed to fix this properly? I am three CRJ reinstalls in and nothing is changing. Tried deleting folders after the reinstall left some over, too.

Is there any way to config the aircraft to load without TruGlass if that is the issue? This is pretty insane and a P3D reinstallation is pretty much out of the question.. 

6 hours ago, adidanuleasa said:

Is there any way to config the aircraft to without TruGlass if that is the issue? This is pretty insane and a P3D reinstallation is pretty much out of the question.. 

My personal solution to the 3rd party-made reallight and trueglass issues was to turn those DLLs off in the main LM  gauges folder, by changing the extension to .dll.off

This will change the visuals, no doubt, but made my airbuses far more stable. Mind you I'm running V5, and the CRJ has been very stable for me. Just sharing thoughts. 

It will be up to TFDI to optimize those DLL’s for V5, and I think they still have a way to go. I also have the TFDI 717, and just the aircraft alone consumes 4.5 GB of VRAM, which is more than any other add-on aircraft - more than the CRJ, PMDG 747, Leonardo MD-80 or even the just-released FSL A320.

Enabling True Glass and Real Light adds 2 GB additional VRAM in the 717, for a total of 6.5 GB

So for now, I have also disabled both TG and RL DLL’s.

Archived