IR IN ALIGN 45 MIN

Craig Moulton

I just updated the A321 with 1.3.0.1 and right off the bat I noted that I had to sit for more than 45 minutes for the IR system to align from cold and dark (Copilot running checklist).  Prior to this build, it took 4-5 minutes.  What happened?

This may have been the cause, while running the checklist I noted that there was a scenery redraw, and it seemed that the scenery got a bit darker, but I didn't pay much attention.  On climb out of DCA I noted my aircraft clock was an hour behind where I had set it on sim start-up.  I have no idea what caused the clock change, but could that clock change have caused the excessive IR Align time?

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, Craig Moulton said:

This may have been the cause, while running the checklist I noted that there was a scenery redraw, and it seemed that the scenery got a bit darker, but I didn't pay much attention.  On climb out of DCA I noted my aircraft clock was an hour behind where I had set it on sim start-up.  I have no idea what caused the clock change, but could that clock change have caused the excessive IR Align time?

Maybe.
There was no change to the aligning code since months.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 2:55 PM, Craig Moulton said:

I just updated the A321 with 1.3.0.1 and right off the bat I noted that I had to sit for more than 45 minutes for the IR system to align from cold and dark (Copilot running checklist).  Prior to this build, it took 4-5 minutes.  What happened?

Hi,

Are you using any software to sync the sim time with real time?

Regards,

Markus

• 11 months later...

I also noted a similar issue. I started setup, and when the IRS was not aligned, I looked down and noted it said "IRS ALIGN IN 47 MN"

What I realized is that the align time is based on the time in the simulator.

DON'T MESS WITH THE SIM TIME ONCE ALIGNMENT HAS STARTED UNTIL ALIGNMENT COMPLETES.

In this case, I fired up the airplane, and when I saw the clock I realized the time was off by an hour so I reset the sim time to match real time. This is what extended the alignment time, as the time for alignment was set based on the time when the IRS was powered on. Adjusting the time back fixed the issue and the IRS aligned instantly. Once it was aligned, I could adjust the time as needed.

Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone having a similar issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In which sim with which Bus version did you test this? Also at which a airport, best would be to show some screenshots. I will try to reproduce it.

Archived