Issue uninstalling liveries (livery manager)

Hi,

I don't know if someone has realized that, when you uninstall some liveries from the liveries manager, especially when you uninstall the ones above the list, P3D shows no aircraft of the type. The reason is because sections in aircraft.cfg are numbered again starting from 1, and not from 0. P3D seems to behave badly when first section is number 1.

If fact, if you manually renumber all sections, starting from 0, everything goes to normal again.

I suppose it affects to all liveries manager versions.

By the way, can developers do something to avoid reinstalling all my liveries with every reinstall of the product?

The reason for both questions is that I don't like to have more liveries than the ones I am going to use, as I have noticed that many aircraft and many liveries, give P3D additional work when showing the vehicle window.

Thanks 😉

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, IBE1133 said:

By the way, can developers do something to avoid reinstalling all my liveries with every reinstall of the product?

At least, when updating the product via the ASUPdater, the latest version of it now keeps the installed repaints. But this applies/will not apply not for a complete fresh install.

• 1 month later...

Again... New installer, configuration spoiled. I have realized that everything is deleted before the new version installs. I did a copy of my aircraft.cfg files in the same directory, and they were all deleted as well.

So, please, can anyone from the developers team tell us when these annoyance is going to be addressed?

Thank you.

Archived