Kosice Fog Highlights

J5flyer

Hello,

First of all thankyou for your recent Kosice airport release, it was a nice surprise  and having had a small play around my initial thoughts are that it looks great.  I look forward to seeing Poprad hopefully in the near future!

I've had a look at the scenery in various settings, such as winter, summer, day & night etc, and one potential problem I came across is that during the day in really low visibility conditions a number of areas/surfaces appear to be very bright and really stand out, even at a distance.  I have attached several screenshots to show this.  I think at the time (using real weather) the visibility was around 400 metres or less.  It appears fine under other less extreme conditions such as overcast etc, although I have not had a chance to try many combinations yet.  At night, even with the very low visibility, all appears to be normal - I only encountered this problem during day light hours (I've not tried sunset/sunrise yet).  Changing the seasons between say winter and summer made no difference either with this problem.

I'm running P3Dv4.5 with the latest hot fix, windows 10.  Anti-virus was turned off for the installation (and like I said above the scenery looks great in all other circumstances I've tried so far - except very low visibility as shown).  I'm sure you'll probably want/need other details, but in the mean time please give it a try, load up on a stand with really low visibility set and see if you see the same.  If not I'll get back to you as soon as I can with any extra information you request.

Also on a seperate point, I noticed the dynamic lighting from the terminal building has quite an intense performance hit when looking at it at night, more so than many other larger airports.  This can be solved by dropping down to 2x MSAA to avoid maxing out my GTX 1070, but if the optimisation of the dynamic lighting (especially on/from the terminal building) could be looked at I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.  I find being parked up on stand 5 for example at night I don't even need any cockpit flood or dome lighting on as the lighting off the terminal building lights up the whole cockpit even at that distance more than sufficiently!

Thanks once again for developing this airport, I'm eager to try a few proper flights to/from it on my next day off work.

Kind regards,

Please login to display this image.

Thank you for showing me this problem, I did not pay attention to it.
I find out what the problem is.
Windows or antivirus has nothing to do with it. I placed the night illumination of the apron parallel to the flat coating in a few centimeters. I will look at the material settings and fix this when updating.
I ask you to wait until updates.
Updates are planned in the summer.

In order not to wait for the update, you can delete two files from the directory
Aerosoft \ Kosice-Barca Airport \ LZKZ_scenery \ Scenery

- LZKZ_Apron_1_light.BGL;

- LZKZ_st_light.BGL.

This is not critical and will not affect the rest of Kosice’s work. But you will not have glare during the fog.
Sorry for this flaw.
P.S. Before deleting, make an archive of these two files.

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm pleased to say that your fix works and the problem has gone, as shown in my screenshot below.  Brilliant support thank you!

Any word on whether the dynamic lighting can be optimised at all?  Either by reducing it in less used areas of the airport or a reduction in lighting from the main terminal building to avoid too many overlapping lights?  I'm no expert on this stuff so it may not be that simple, but I do find it can be quite heavy on resources at the moment for night flights, especially when looking towards the main terminal building as mentioned in my original post.

Kind regards,

I'm glad that helped.

During the upgrade, I will work on adjusting the dynamic lighting. Perhaps a number of sources of dynamic lighting will be disabled by the configurator.

For now, I recommend to reduce anti-aliasing in the simulator settings at night.
On a computer, daylight smoothing mode AA - 8xSSAA. At night, I switch this parameter to 4xMSAA mode. This gives an increase in frame rate and at the same time I use dynamic lighting.

The first screenshot shows the maximum settings, the second screenshot, the settings that I use at night.

Hi Pavel,

Yep I find the same, for night flights with dynamic lighting on at Kosice I have to reduce it to 2xMSAA for my system to run it smoothly, where as during the day I run 8xMSAA.  I'm pleased that you will be looking into it.  I never like to disable dynamic lighting completely for obvious reasons, but I do hope that maybe the amount of dynamic lighting can be reduced slightly.  I will leave it in your capable hands and thank you once again.

Kind regards,

• 1 month later...

My dear friends. For two to three weeks I want to release an update to Kosice.
What I want to include in it:
- reduce the intensity of dynamic lighting;
- enable the ability to select dynamic lighting in the configurator;
- make more night lighting in parking lots with the help of effects;
- fix glare during the day during fog;
- edit aerial photographs (background);
- make pbr texture on asphalt;
- puddles in the rain.

After completing the updates, I want to get back to work on Poprad Airport.

Another update package I will release in the summer. It will be completely redone the winter season and decent buildings along the glide path Runway 01.

Why I divided Kosice updates into two phases. I don’t want to leave work at Poprad airport for a long time.
Therefore, in my opinion, I will release important updates in the near future.

Please, you can also write to me, what would you like to see in the updates.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Pavel,

I've just seen that an update has been released for Kosice, many thanks for that.  Quick question, do I install it over the top of the existing installation or unistall first then reinstall the new version from scratch?

Thank you for your brilliant support with this product and the number of fixes & improvements you have included.  If I think of anything that would help improve the product I will let you know.  I am really looking forward to seeing Poprad too when it is completed.

Kind regards,

Hi!
Install the update on V1.0.
You do not need to delete anything. Old files will be overwritten, new ones will be added.
Thanks for the nice comments. I am very pleased that despite certain shortcomings, you like Kosice.
I am actively working on Poprad. I wanted to complete it in May, but I see that I do not have time in time. Therefore, I hope to complete Poprad in June. A month for testing and I think Poprad Airport will be released in July.
I have already collected all the necessary material on Bratislava and mentally I am already doing Letisko M. R. Štefánika :)

Archived