A330 TO/GA Thrust

Luca Lieder

Hey, dont want criticize its more a question that i have...

I noticed tha when I am applying TO/GA thrust in the a330 it shows that next to N1 it has like between 84 and max. 87% of the thrust if I am correct.

Now when im pushing my F4 button on the Keyboard the percentage goes up to like max. 95% of thrust which is a lot more.

Just curious if there is a way to get acces to the full amount of thrust or if it is normal for this aircraft. Also listening to a lot of youtube Videos you definitely hear a higher pitch of the engine.

Yeah i know you cant tell that from videos, so thats my question ;D

Thank you for replying, this is an incredible aircraft.

Also please note, its very late, im tired so my english could be a little nah...;D

I'm moving your post to the Support Section (there will be a link left here) as we don't provide support in the General Chatter section which is actually titled "General chatter (NO SUPPORT)".

By moving your post, more people will see it.

Best wishes!

• 2 weeks later...

OK so no 95 % when pressing F4 but tis is what I mean, in the second picture it is a lot more power than in the first one.

Hope that anybody could say sth about that.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Not sure if having the Parking Brake on was responsible or not.

On top of that, our product requires a throttle axis in order to work properly. If you're not using one, then you might experience all sorts of different behavior.

Best wishes.

I dont think so, yes i have a yoke with an throttle quadrant, so thats not the issue i think.

I looked a bit around, is it possible that the thrust bump action unside the setting sets free the extra power?

When activating it i dont see any difference. Do i have to do anything else after switching on that option, or is it activated by adjusting the throttle lever on TO/GA?

thanks in advance

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am only able to recreate this issue if I hold the F4 button. By no means would this resemble normal oprations and IRL you would not even be able to "push" toga over and over again.

What you see on the ECAM upper right corner is the maximum EPR that you can get with the conditions you are flying in. This value differentiates depending on the conditions and is limited. Even though it's TOGA, in most cases it's not the absolute maximum value the engines can produce.

So to answer your question. Yes it's normal that you see even the TOGA thrust being limited. In real life you would not be able to push through this limiter and in sim you can only do it by operating the aircraft in very unconventional way.

Archived