FlyChrono not working

frotta03

Hi guys, I've been trying to use FlyChrono on my P3D v4.5 but I've been having some problems. It doesn't matter whether I install it from FlyCentral or through the direct link, every time I open the program it just takes me to the setup every single time. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both FlyCentral and FlyChrono but I continued having the same problem. Also, I noticed that when I have FlyChrono opened, when I go to the taskbar and select the "Show FlyChrono" option, this happens. I hope someone can help me solve this problem, it's the only thing I'm missing to feel satisfied with my simulator. I have installed FSUIPC. Thanks in advance!

Please login to display this image.

I really don't care for FlyChrono, but that is merely a personal preference.  Instead I suggest FS Time Sync (freeware) or FS Real Time (Payware, which is what I use).

Best wishes.

Actually I do not use such a tool. However I can understand using it as it can be annoying if your simulator stutters and the clocks (of your system/IVAO/whatever) get asynchrone. Secondly I heard that there are some minor errors regarding time zones in FSX and P3D, but I can not give you a proof for this.

36 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But can anybody explain me why such a tool makes any sense?

Absolutely, but I know that you know that I knew that when you asked.  What-huh?  LOL! 

Anyway.... from my perspective they are useful mostly for those who fly online but depending on what one wants to do offline they can  be used there as well.  Besides being an easy means to have your sim sync'd to local time where ever you are and across timezones (even if you're operating on UTC in the aircrash we're talking the time of day outside mostly).  Moreover, time across timezones in ESP based sims is whacked (long known issue) and these tools can correct that.

Finally, if you're flying Connected Flight Deck / Shared Cockpit these tools provide a fast and easy way to sync sim time for the pilots involved and from that perspective the same is true for group flights and flying online.

Archived