Aerosoft updater is blank (no poducts)

After the 1.4.0.0 update to the updater it has stopped working. it has worked fine with all the products i have installed. suddenly after the 1.4.0.0 update it does not show any products anymore. when i run the updater (as admin) a blank white screen comes up and does not go away until i try dragging the window around, then it goes into the normal updater window but not showing any products. today the updater uptdatet to 1.4.0.1 but that has not fixed the problem. i have attached all the pictures / files that might help fix this problem. thanks a lot for the help

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Can you zip and upload the folder "Products" in <Documents>\Aerosoft\ASUpdater please? One or more files in there are probably broken. I need to see them so I can check what's wrong.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That is a file encoding problem.

Please open every single file in that folder with notepad.exe and press Ctrl-S to get it re-written on the disk.

Afterwards the updater will work again.

Thanks for your help.

I´ve tried to do as you advice; I find that with notepad.exe, the "save" function is Ctrl-G;  Ctrl-S seems not to have any effect. I see that the encoding has to be UTF-8....¿is it so?

Otherwise after opening the files with notepad++ I find that the "save" function (this is "Ctrl-S") is inhibited as if them were write protected but this is not the case...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ctrl-S is the universal hotkey within all Windows application for "save".

But of course this might get localized by an application if you are using a none-English Windows version.

So if your notepad.exe uses a different hotkey, just use the equivalent one or the "Save" function from the "File" menu.

I did that with the files you uploaded (after they failed with my Updater as well) and that fixed the problem.

Well, I tried but no success... Thanks a lot for your help anyway; I´m probably doing something wrong but it is a simple solution..can´t find my mistake.

When initializing the Updates, it shows only a blank screen; after some clicks with the right button of the mouse I see the main window but without any product reference. All that began to happen after updating the A320 to the latest 1.3.0.0 version, the previous update was the one that came with the A330 . Maybe different versions have corrupted one to another, maybe I should reinstall the A330...I don´t know.

Yes, but let me tell that I have allready deinstalled and reinstalled the planes  (not so much products, no problem doing that ) so now it is all new from today. I expected to solve the issue doing it, but the blank screen and the lack of products is still there. I forgot to mention that my system is  windows 7 ...

ASUpdater.7z

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 minutes ago, heidelbergensis said:

I forgot to mention that my system is  windows 7 ...

Then you should immediately update to Windows 10. None of the current products is supported on Windows 7.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived