I can't upgrade the A330 V1.006 to V1.007 via updater

• Developer
vor 3 Stunden , gwdoc sagte:

was stopped with an error message.

@gwdoc Can you please post the error message (or a screenshot that shows the complete message)? Updating the A318/19, the A320/21 and the A330 works without any issue here.

36 minutes ago, shane25 said:

Hello Hans

If you look at my question about this, I have attached a crash logfile.

There are no error messages.

Updater just crashes.

Kind regards

Shane

I'm just like you

Hello Hans !

This is the screenshot with the error message from the Aerosoft Updater when trying to update A330.

Kind regards

gwdoc

Please login to display this image.

• Developer
vor 1 hour , gwdoc sagte:

Hello Hans !

This is the screenshot with the error message from the Aerosoft Updater when trying to update A330.

Kind regards

gwdoc

Please login to display this image.

Well, this means that the updater can't overwrite the checklist.xml file. Either P3D is still running or the file is open somewhere else (text editor for example) so it can't be overwritten.

• Developer
vor 3 Stunden , olschelsea8 sagte:

A333 cfg attached.

aircraft.cfg 57 kB · 4 downloads

This is what happens when I try to update. First time I've ever had this issue since I owned the busses.

This aircraft.cfg contains an invalid line in [fltsim.31] "Aerosoft A333 professional Shamrock St Sillan":

description            = Airbus A330 - 300  / Aer Lingus EI-EIM \nwww.aerosoft.com \nRepaint by Nicolas Nectoux
(https://www.facebook.com/NNiSimulations/)\n\n

There's a hard return before "(https" which is not allowed in .ini files (aircraft.cfg is just a .ini file). It's likely that it already was like this when you downloaded the livery.

I'm going to add a workaround which ignores lines that don't match the format  "xxxx=yyyy". This should help to avoid problems with messy aircraft.cfgs like this one.

Dear Hans !

The hint that the checklist.xml file is blocked against overwriting was useful. I checked the properties of the file with the file explorer and I noticed that the file was marked for "read only". After unchecking this the update with the Aerosoft Updater worked well.

Maybe this is useful for others with the same problem.

Many thanks for the advice.

gwdoc

Archived