Checklist and "Cockpit Voice Recorder"

If I use the internal checklist together with CO-pilot one item in the checklist is "Cockpit Voice Recorder". It is working good. The First officer asks for it and the button is pressed automatic by FO.-

After completing a flight there is a banner in the top that informes that the checklist can be started over after about one minute.

I then prepare for second flight and also this time using Checklist.

This time the FO asks for "Cockpit Voice Recorder" but it do not recognize that the Voice recorder is still on, from previous flight.

I have to cycle (off then on) that manually.

It is not a big deal but maybe the CVR should be switched off in the parking checklist or if the preparation checklist needs to be modified so it can recognize CVR is already on.

//Jonas

EDIT: This is in the smaller buses. Do not know how it is in 330.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jonas,

I just checked it in the A320 CFM and the CVR is automatically switched OFF after the two engines are started. So please tell me more about the issue you detected.

• Are you talking about the Professional e.g. the 64 version?
  • Which model you used e. g. A318/A319, A320/A321 or the A330?
  • Please check if the CVR is automatically switched OFF after both engines are started and AVAIL

The reason is quite simple as it should not be ON during the whole flight because this is the normal procedure e.g. the CVR is automatically running. It is manually set to ON during cockpit preparation also to cover the period until the engines are started and fully available.

Regards,

Rolf

3 minutes ago, Hanse said:
  • Are you talking about the Professional e.g. the 64 version?

Pro version

• Which model you used e. g. A318/A319, A320/A321 or the A330?

As stated in first post it is the small buses, in specific 320

• Please check if the CVR is automatically switched OFF after both engines are started and AVAIL

The reason is quite simple as it should not be ON during the whole flight because this is the normal procedure e.g. the CVR is automatically running. It is manually set to ON during cockpit preparation also to cover the period until the engines are started and fully available.

I guess you missed the "problem" that I pointerd out.

The problem is not if it is on or off. The problem is that the checklist (on second flight) does not pass that item. It keeps repeating itself. 

"cock pit voice recorder"

In first flight it ask it once and then it is rectified by pushing the button.

The second flight I have to cycle it manually. The FO does not do it like in the first flight.

Just now, Hjontemyra said:

Pro version

(Hence the post in thios part of the forum: Aerosoft Bus Professional (64 bit, P3D V4) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jonas,

I found and solved the issue mentioned. The resp. changes I made in the Checklist will be part of the next update for all models.

Regards,

Rolf

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived