A330 Auto Pilot issue even with v1.006

KAW

Hi guys. I’m so frustrated what am I doing wrong. I’ve never had auto pilot issues in my years of flying the bus from FSL but here it just won’t connect. As soon as I take off get to 1500ft it just won’t stay engaged. I have the latest version too I’m at a loss as I keep setting up for a long haul flight and then once I get in the air I instantly hate it because I have to shut it all down and give up. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Best would be to show some screenshots of the situation where we can see the PFD, ND and FCU.

Which exact version of P3Dv4 are you using? Please check the prepar3d.exe for the versionnumber.

13 hours ago, KAW said:

Hi guys. I’m so frustrated what am I doing wrong. I’ve never had auto pilot issues in my years of flying the bus from FSL but here it just won’t connect. As soon as I take off get to 1500ft it just won’t stay engaged. I have the latest version too I’m at a loss as I keep setting up for a long haul flight and then once I get in the air I instantly hate it because I have to shut it all down and give up. 

I've been having autopilot/control issues since the 330 was released.   I feel your pain,   I've killed numerous flights also.   Just hopeful some day it gets fixed.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:12 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

If possible I'd love to see a video of this.  That would help us nail this down.

Off the top of my head, I'm wondering if this is trim related.

No worries I’ll set up a flight and do one. As for the trim I go off of the load page in the MCDU which is what normally auto sets itself on the trim wheel as well. But I do always double check the trim wheel. 

I’ve come to the conclusion the a330 hates my CH Pro Pedals as it keeps banking the rudder to the left which is why the auto pilot isn’t working. I’ve tried to change all settings for it to work tho but still doesn’t like them at all. Might be a glitch with coding ?

Unless you are having issues with other payway airliners, I'd say that is unlikely.  What we have seen latest is some issues with P3D and FSUIPC controls settings getting whacked. Try backing up and deleting (or moving) your Prepar3d.cfg and Standard.cfg files (rebuilt the next time you start up) and the FSUIPC.cfg file if you've ever used FSUIPC for any aircraft.

The Prepar3d.cfg file is located:  AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

The Standard.cfg file is located in the Controls folder at:  AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

The FSUIPC.cfg file is located in the Modules folder inside your main P3D folder.

You will of course have to re-bind your controls again. 

Let me know how this works!

22 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Unless you are having issues with other payway airliners, I'd say that is unlikely.  What we have seen latest is some issues with P3D and FSUIPC controls settings getting whacked. Try backing up and deleting (or moving) your Prepar3d.cfg and Standard.cfg files (rebuilt the next time you start up) and the FSUIPC.cfg file if you've ever used FSUIPC for any aircraft.

The Prepar3d.cfg file is located:  AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

The Standard.cfg file is located in the Controls folder at:  AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

The FSUIPC.cfg file is located in the Modules folder inside your main P3D folder.

You will of course have to re-bind your controls again. 

Let me know how this works!

I hiding have any issues with any other model. I use FSUIPC however I have all my files and controls set for my 737 yoke and throttle and that took me a good week to set and configure correctly and I’m not wanting to lose those settings. 
mum just going to have to wait it out and hopefully you guys sort it out because I can’t afford to lose all those settings. I know it’s no help to you guys but it’s too time confusing to re do it all. 

9 hours ago, KAW said:

I hiding have any issues with any other model. I use FSUIPC however I have all my files and controls set for my 737 yoke and throttle and that took me a good week to set and configure correctly and I’m not wanting to lose those settings. 
mum just going to have to wait it out and hopefully you guys sort it out because I can’t afford to lose all those settings. I know it’s no help to you guys but it’s too time confusing to re do it all. 

Hello Kyle,

I have helped three people who had control issues of one type or another, and in each and every case they said much the same thing and it turned out to be the FSUIPC.cfg file.  You can test this by deleting the files I mentioned above and not delete but move the FSUIPC file out of the Modules folder (or rename it).

Can't say for sure you have the same issue, but it's a great place to start.

Ah, make that 4 people actually.  I had forgotten about the 4th case.

21 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Kyle,

I have helped three people who had control issues of one type or another, and in each and every case they said much the same thing and it turned out to be the FSUIPC.cfg file.  You can test this by deleting the files I mentioned above and not delete but move the FSUIPC file out of the Modules folder (or rename it).

Can't say for sure you have the same issue, but it's a great place to start.

Ah, make that 4 people actually.  I had forgotten about the 4th case.

My rudder isnt connected to fsupic its done via p3d it self. ill try and do what u say.

• Deputy Sheriffs

At 0:08 it is clearly visible, that the aircraft is not correctly configured: dashes beneath all waypoints in the flightplan.

2 hours ago, KAW said:

@DaveCT2003 Here a link for you its still happening even after i've done what you mentioned.

https://youtu.be/dR9jGJwfjog

sorry no sound.

In addition to what Otto said, the problem you're having is that you hand flew the aircraft and turned it so many degrees that it required a Direct To a waypoint.  On the MCDU you'd see that correctly as PPOS to whatever the next waypoint you command it to go to.  The alternative is to select Heading Mode.

It may have been a bug that  you were able to get the AP turned on initially, but I suspect instead it's something we're not seeing as the video quality is very low and we can't read hardly any of the instruments so it's difficult to tell but I'll test it myself.

So from what I'm seeing, this is pilot error.

Hang on. I only did a quick set up for the purpose of the video. No flight stuff was really done but even still I did a sid and even after take off it. Wouldn’t connect hence why I had to hand fly it to turn it back. I wasn’t prepared to waste another 45 min in setting it up for it to fail yet again. When I have spare 50 min to waste I’ll try and do a higher quality full set up flight but even still doing a quick flight even on sat PMDG the auto pilot stays on so why is the logic on the a330 any different.. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, KAW said:

so why is the logic on the a330 any different..

Simple answer: A Airbus is not a Boeing. And this got nothing to do with PMDG or Aerosoft.

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Simple answer: A Airbus is not a Boeing. And this got nothing to do with PMDG or Aerosoft.

Yet I have no issues with FSL who have mastered the A320 perfectly. My point was I have no issues with any other aircraft only the a330 so it’s not me or my settings! 

Re installed and updated to v1.007 and it’s now working prior I think was 1.006 I also did a simbrief setup this time compared to me manually doing it I only entered in the usual weights etc. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived