Checklists not restarting after a go around (A318-A321 pro)

Hi

I have had this problem for a long time , no amount of reinstalls and updates have so far fixed it ....... the problem has been brought to my attention again due to the bad weather we have been having here in the UK ATM and I've needed to go around a few times due to the wind.

I have had the A318-321 for a while now so like to think I've set it up fine for the approach .. This is what's happening … During the go around the Co Pilot will raise the flaps and gear as normal and clean up the Aircraft so all good .... but that's then the problems start .... there's no approach check list …the co-pilot never lowers the flaps again or the gear... it seems to just stop once the aircraft is all cleaned up, so I have to do the 2nd/3rd approach manually.... i think it works fine in the 32 bit version, … if memory serves me right i believe it even says Go around on the bar at the top or words to that effect but there's nothing like that on the 64 bit Airbus pro version.

I'm running W10 64Bit (all updated)…the latest version of P3D.4.5 HF2 and V1.3.0 of the Airbus pro.

Thanks

Rich

Personally, I think asking the Copilot/Checklist function to work in a Go Around Scenario is asking a bit much of the programming.  This is all fairly straight forward scripting rather than a program that divides off to a subroutine and then back to the main program.  Put another way, there is no artifical intellience at work, it's a script, and one can only really do so much with that. It was never ended to be anything like the AI Copilot addons which are available as products.

I keep telling people that the purpose of the Copilot and Checklist was merely to get one accustomed to how and when things where done, and then to break away from using them.  But people have continued to use them. 

Now, this is my personal opinion and not that of Aerosoft and certainly not Mathijs or Hanse (though I bet secretly one or both agree with me).....  and just because it may not be something people want to hear, please don't take this as harsh as it's not how I mean it. 

If I had my way, I'd have both the Copilot and Checklist ripped out of the Airbus, I really and seriously would.  If someone wants something that is working in every situation they would have to get one of the addons which are available.  But for now, all I can say again... the Copilot and Checklist functions are only there to get you through your first few flights until  you know how to operate the Airbus. That's it.

Best wishes!

Thanks for the reply as always Dave … if that's how its meant to be and there's no bug then fair enough, i will more than likely buy FS2CREW for it at some point soon as it will also cover the A330 too.

Thanks

Rich

25 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Thanks for the reply as always Dave … if that's how its meant to be and there's no bug then fair enough, i will more than likely buy FS2CREW for it at some point soon as it will also cover the A330 too.

Thanks

Rich

To be honest my friend, I don't know if Hanse intends to add Go Around, he very well may!  I was just speaking generally about how i feel about the Copilot and Checklist function.

Tell you what though, we're getting closer to having Connected Flight Deck working, and I'd much rather make a flight with a human than some AI Copilot, and there are many benefits to doing that. first, it's so much darned fun, one can learn how to fly online, how to operate the Airbus (and other aircraft), and just so much more!

Additionally, we're currently writing the Courses for the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community which are taught in our fully interactive Virtual Classroom. These courses go hand in hand with flying airliners single cockpit and in Connected Flight Deck / Shared Cockpit.  We 're working on so much for your guys!

The course I'm at the computer working on right now is the Different Levels of Air Traffic Control in realism based networks. Attached is a list of the other courses we'll be teaching.  But all that together with sharing the aircraft with an experticed person and we'll be knocking down barriers, collapsing learning time frames and helping people reach new levels in flight simulation they never had time for before.

This new age of flight sim is more about interacting with others than going it all lone wolf as it was in the past.

Best wishes!

AFSC Course List.pdf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Marcus, in respect to GA nothing has been changed since a long time and it should work as required even on the A330. A detailed GA description you find in the A31X/A32x documentation folder "Vol6 Step-by-Step Tutorial" in chapter 12.22 on page 122. One question: After initiating GA did you remove the F-PLAN DISCONTUNITY between the GA flight path and a new approach?

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Hanse

Yeah done that, no matter what i do I just could not get the checklist to start again for another approach once cleaned up, sadly i have no way of making a video but maybe at some point next week i can do a Twitch stream just of the go Around so maybe you can see something I missed if that's OK .

Rich

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Rich,

confirmed e. g. there seems to be a problem and I will have a detailed look into the code next week. It means there is nor more need to prepare a video! Let you know when I have finished my investigation.

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Rich,

I found the issue e. g. why the checklist did not commence to "CLIMB or NEW APPROACH" (after GoAround has been completed). Those changes will be part of the next update.

Regards,

Rolf

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived