Loss of engine power in cruise

Flugkapitan

Greetings!

Yesterday evening I flew in the A330 from MPTO - MMMX. All was well during climbout. However, right after level off at FL380 the left engine lost power, starting surging slightly and airspeed started to decrease. There were not any warnings or caution indications whatsoever (see attached pic). Anyone have any idea what might have caused this? If so, what is the in-flight remedy? This has never happened before during countless flights I've made in this aircraft.

Regards,

Scott

Please login to display this image.

12 minutes ago, Flugkapitan said:

Greetings!

Yesterday evening I flew in the A330 from MPTO - MMMX. All was well during climbout. However, right after level off at FL380 the left engine lost power, starting surging slightly and airspeed started to decrease. There were not any warnings or caution indications whatsoever (see attached pic). Anyone have any idea what might have caused this? If so, what is the in-flight remedy? This has never happened before during countless flights I've made in this aircraft.

Regards,

Scott

I didn't have your problem, but yesterday I had a problem almost right at the same point, shortly after level following climbout.   In my case the aircraft went into an overspeed situation and disengaged auto thrust.  I was able to regain control, but as in your case no warning other than the alert coming on when it happened.

33 minutes ago, Flugkapitan said:

Greetings!

Regards,

Scott

Which version of the Airbus are you running?

Archived