!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Sign in to follow this  
guilherme1234

Vspeeds calculation

So, it's the second time that i open a topic about this... I don't receive any concrete answer, the vspeed's aren't too low? like i took off with 176 tons and rotate at 129? its like the same speed if i took of with 233 tons?????? and look those prints i rotate on after 157 knots and the v2 is below of  minimum operatinal speed, like how can i take off with that v2 and vr? Any calculation program that i can use? i don't trust in AS autocalculation more, and in fact on my other topic i already pin an oficial FCOM of lufthansa with general vspeeds to a330 on airport of 0ft to 3000ft of altitude and 3750 meters off rwy, this generals vpeeds is best then the auto calculation of the own creator, emjoyng the cue the fuel calculation of fuel planner is erroneous too

image.thumb.png.423b3330bcaf5309474a4d1d88f56591.png

image.png

Following up on this topic I've had a similar experience. Running 1.0.0.7 of the Bus.

Here are some basic figures from the flight:

EDDF - KAUS

ZFW: 157.0

TOW: 231.0

Fuel Loaded: 75.0

(All figures in Tonnes)

Aircraft Calculated VSpeeds: V1: 155, Vr: 155, V2: 160. 

Flaps/THS: 1/UP1.6 based on a ZFWCG of 33.8. 

Since there is no dedicated takeoff performance/ATSU Perf Req function for the 330 yet, I went with a TO Flap of 1. In hindsight, I could've probably gone for 2 seeing as how the aircraft was very much near MTOW. What I didn't expect, however, was the aircraft taking nearly the entirety of Frankfurt's 13000 foot runway, well beyond the VSpeeds that the MCDU itself calculated, to even begin to rotate - even with full up elevator. I crosschecked before taxi that my T/O trim was set at the right position, along with all the figures taken directly from the Loadsheet based off of the Simbrief FPL. Actual rotation was around 180-190 knots, even beyond S speed. I haven't had any issues with rotation timings at light loads. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or something off with the airplane's automatic VSpeed calculation? Would love to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences or if anyone could try and replicate this with the figures above. Hope this is addressed soon.

Thank You!

Update: After updating to 1.0.0.7 I've realized that this issue not only takes place with heavy loads, but with light loads as well. Flying with a TOW of 183.7 MT, suggested Vr of 135 flexing to 54 with Flaps 1 and UP2.3 THS, the airplane refuses to rotate until 160-170. One more thing I forgot to add is the aircraft's tendency to violently pitch up on the initial climbout without any control input. It seems that the T/O trim has a delayed effect and only kicks in after rotation. This is just speculation but something is off as I didn't encounter this violent pitch up motion before updating to .0.0.7 (previously using 1.0.0.2). Any input would be appreciated!

12 hours ago, SteamingSpoon said:

Update: After updating to 1.0.0.7 I've realized that this issue not only takes place with heavy loads, but with light loads as well. Flying with a TOW of 183.7 MT, suggested Vr of 135 flexing to 54 with Flaps 1 and UP2.3 THS, the airplane refuses to rotate until 160-170. One more thing I forgot to add is the aircraft's tendency to violently pitch up on the initial climbout without any control input. It seems that the T/O trim has a delayed effect and only kicks in after rotation. This is just speculation but something is off as I didn't encounter this violent pitch up motion before updating to .0.0.7 (previously using 1.0.0.2). Any input would be appreciated!

Only workaround is to trim it manually to UP4.0 minimum. UP2.3 is not the recommended trim and it would require adjustment in cargo pellet location adjustments in the real aircraft.

1 hour ago, chinjh said:

Only workaround is to trim it manually to UP4.0 minimum. UP2.3 is not the recommended trim and it would require adjustment in cargo pellet location adjustments in the real aircraft.

Is this a bug then? Why would the aircraft recommend UP2.3 based on my MACTOW in that case?

Thanks

Update: I think this might be something to do with GSX loading as the I've noticed the GWCG in red while in flight. I always load the aircraft through GSX and so this might be a conflict between the aircraft's load distribution recognition and GSX's loading. I'll try again with instant loading and GSX off and see how it goes. 

what1.png

5 hours ago, SteamingSpoon said:

Is this a bug then? Why would the aircraft recommend UP2.3 based on my MACTOW in that case?

Thanks

Something is still not quite working with the loader. Well have to wait aerosoft to sort it out. For now its best to trim it above UP4.0. Anything below UP4.0 and youll have difficulty rotating the aircraft on take off.

1 hour ago, chinjh said:

Something is still not quite working with the loader. Well have to wait aerosoft to sort it out. For now its best to trim it above UP4.0. Anything below UP4.0 and youll have difficulty rotating the aircraft on take off.

Alright, thanks for letting me know! Guess we'll have to wait for a response from AS on this. 

The Vspeed calculations needs still more work and we are hoping that we can utilise the EFB for that in the future.

About the GSX loading incorrect Genter of Gravity. This issue is known and is under work as high priority item.