A330 Flight Reboots Computer

NomadRider

The last 5 flights I have attempted have crashed while in cruise resulting in Windows rebooting. Fresh install of Windows 10 and P3D. Three of the flights were with v1.0.0.2 and the most recent 2 were using v1.0.0.6. What can I grab from Windows EventViewer to help fix the problem?

Thanks,

John

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to clearify: no crash of a Window's application in user mode (which P3Dv4 is) could cause a reboot. Unless you have some broken hardware or really badly written device drivers for you hardware. 

So, did your system really reboot or was it a CTD (crash to desktop)? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry that I failed to come back and say that my issue was fixed.  The computer did really reboot, but the issue was the OC on my computer.  I turned it down from 4.9 to 4.7 and am not seeing any problems now.

Thanks,

John

P.S.  I cannot believe that I am still using my vcair.com signature file. That was a long time ago.  🙂

4 hours ago, NomadRider said:

I am so sorry that I failed to come back and say that my issue was fixed.  The computer did really reboot, but the issue was the OC on my computer.  I turned it down from 4.9 to 4.7 and am not seeing any problems now.

Thanks,

John

P.S.  I cannot believe that I am still using my vcair.com signature file. That was a long time ago.  🙂

Thanks for the update John!  Happy you have things sorted!

Best wishes!

Archived