CRJ Pro doesn't follow ILS - problem with APR mode

DenisC

Good evening,

I have a problem: every time I try to use an ILS approach, when I push APR, my plane turn to course 360, and this, whatever I choose FMS or VOR/ILS as nav source.

Everything works well EXCEPT the APR! (the same approcach works well with airbuses (A318-19-20-21 and 330).

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the plane 2 times (with total clean of all CRJ folders each times), did a Ccleaner. I have uninstalled the CRJ, uninstalled/reinstalled P3D client (but my P3D was already up to date) and then reinstalled the CRJ (each tim without antiviruses and computer restart between each uninstallation/reinstallation ....).

Can you help me please ? (I didn't have this problem with your previous CRJ)

Initial state before pushing APR

Please login to display this image.

APR pushed

Plane heading North!!!

BRG is good in the FMS (225°)

With the VOR/ILS as source of nav:

APR pushed --> turn heading North!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Did you notice that your heading is always 0 degrees when the AP is not following the commanded heading? To me, this looks like something else is constantly resetting FS's selected heading. Is it possible that you use a hardware knob for course and heading select?

@bryank1988 I actually had this issue myself and couldn't find any reason. The debugger showed that the heading was always set correctly, but it was ignored and 0 degrees was used. In the end, what solved the issue for me, was indeed a clean P3D reinstall. I has never happened to me again since.

17 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Did you notice that your heading is always 0 degrees when the AP is not following the commanded heading? To me, this looks like something else is constantly resetting FS's selected heading. Is it possible that you use a hardware knob for course and heading select?

@bryank1988 I actually had this issue myself and couldn't find any reason. The debugger showed that the heading was always set correctly, but it was ignored and 0 degrees was used. In the end, what solved the issue for me, was indeed a clean P3D reinstall. I has never happened to me again since.

Thank you for your answer.

No I don't use a hardware knob for course and heading select

A clean install (if I read well the forums) means that I have to reinstall ALL my addons (I have so many...) after? I had to do this to solve a problem of hyper climb rate for the Buses ... if I need to do it after each AEROSOFT upgrades, it's infernal.

:-(

D

• Developer
On 25.1.2020 at 04:29, Pineapple_Wizard sagte:

Yeah not really worth using an addon if you have to reinstall P3D entirely everytime there is a little issue.

Apparently you don't understand what this is about. If you have to reinstall P3D, then it's because it's not functioning correctly anymore. This is mostly due to user error because people install everything and use every so called "tweak" until they completely messed up their sims. People just don't understand that P3D is a highly complex software where one little change can have a whole range of effects.

It's not the CRJ's (or my fault) if P3D's heading and course variables are zero when they should be something else.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2020 at 9:21 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Apparently you don't understand what this is about. If you have to reinstall P3D, then it's because it's not functioning correctly anymore. This is mostly due to user error because people install everything and use every so called "tweak" until they completely messed up their sims. People just don't understand that P3D is a highly complex software where one little change can have a whole range of effects.

It's not the CRJ's (or my fault) if P3D's heading and course variables are zero when they should be something else.

Dear Hans;

In Fact P3Dv4.5 works very well as well as all addons (including Aerosoft) EXCEPT the CRJ Pro which doesn't follow the ILS path and systematically goes to CRS 360° when the localizer becomes alive. Again ILS work perfectly with all my other addons (Aerosoft airbuses, Carenado etc.).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/125688-problem-with-ils-solved-read-please-for-your-knowledge/

I had a similar problem with ILS landing.Loc did not capture my plane and drifted away, so there is a solution on this link. Maybe you flew recently with the default plane, so set this plane (or some other default plane) GPS to NAV, then change the plane to CRJ and go try ILS.
Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody

The problem is FINALLY solved with the new update of the CRJ pro ( version 2.4.0.0) released this week!

Consequently, the error was indeed due to the coding of the aircraft and not to our way of installing it! After several installations of P3D and the aircraft, he was systematically heading 360 when I activated the ILS approach ... what a headache!
Now the plane follows the ILS perfectly.

I can finally rediscover the pleasure of flying with this plane after having reluctantly left it in the hangar for over a year and a half.

D

• Developer
4 hours ago, DenisC said:

Consequently, the error was indeed due to the coding of the aircraft

It's not on the fix list though and I can't remember making any changes 😉

21 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It's not on the fix list though and I can't remember making any changes 😉

But now it works :-)

That's the most important héhé

Thank you again for the high quality planes you make

Denis

Archived