Gear slightly in the ground

Hello

I just wanted to ask if it's normal / common that the gears are slightly into the ground. Just wondering if it's normal or if there's something wrong with my plane or something else.

Please login to display this image.

Best Regards

Felix

Yes it is. It simulates the bend of the rubber tire coming with heavy aircraft. Compare it to realworld images or other addons.

On such aircraft the tires have to deform to a certain amount as they also play a role in shock damping. The best way so is to let them "sink" in a bit to mimmick this behaviour.

Not that with addon scenery you often get costum runways which float above the natural scenery a bit. This then can over-exaggerates the effect a bit.

But it is no unusual issue how it is now.

vor 9 Minuten, Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

Yes it is. It simulates the bend of the rubber tire coming with heavy aircraft. Compare it to realworld images or other addons.

On such aircraft the tires have to deform to a certain amount as they also play a role in shock damping. The best way so is to let them "sink" in a bit to mimmick this behaviour.

Not that with addon scenery you often get costum runways which float above the natural scenery a bit. This then can over-exaggerates the effect a bit.

But it is no unusual issue how it is now.

That's the answer i was looking for! Thank you.

I already thought that it mimicks the tire bend. A great way to simulate that in my opinion. By asking, i just wanted to make 100% sure that everything's alright with my bus.

I also noticed that some Airports are floating a little bit but that's not the busses problem and certainly is not a big issue.

Best regards and have a good week

Felix

Archived