Where is this hangar?

seskadog

Hello!

I have started working on a 3d model of a hangar in order for me to learn 3d modelling on Blender. Can anybody guess which airport this very much work in progress hangar is from?

Jacob

Please login to display this image.

3 hours ago, Josu said:

Hi

I guess it‘s the hanger in the left background ;)

Was yesterday at Manchester airport ...

Please login to display this image.

It is indeed Manchester 😁

On 1/12/2020 at 6:21 PM, seskadog said:

Texturing isn't my strong point but one step at a time!

I think your texturing is plenty good enough for me! 

I used gmax a decade ago.  I'm thinking about re-learning some program like Blender or 3DSMax.  Is Blender pretty simple to learn?  I used to despise UVW mapping in gmax.

Where did you get your pictures of that hangar?

16 hours ago, Mace_RB said:

I think your texturing is plenty good enough for me! 

I used gmax a decade ago.  I'm thinking about re-learning some program like Blender or 3DSMax.  Is Blender pretty simple to learn?  I used to despise UVW mapping in gmax.

Where did you get your pictures of that hangar?

Thank you! Texturing is indeed the hardest part of the job, I tried creating a Kefalonia's runway, modelling was very easy, texturing, it is certainly beyond me how developers like FSDG do it so well!

Blender is very easy to use, a few Youtube videos and you really can get to understand it quickly. Plus, unlike expensive programs like 3DSMAX, its free! UV Mapping seems to be quite a clever function in Blender and have not had any issues with it.

Getting the pictures for the hanger... I used Google 3D imagery to understand how the hangar looked, along with some images from google. In order to texture it, I signed up for Adobe Stock where I found some things such as the corrugated cladding for the hanger. 

I would love to design an airport but doing it without visiting it and relying on google makes it very difficult!

Jacob

Archived