Fuel Planner A330 -- wrong values?

philippe

Hello,

I have crashed twice so far on a trip from OMDB to ZBAA due to lack of fuel.  Yes, I know, I was not monitoring completely my flight, but I was not expecting this (pause at TOD). 

I am using the Aerosoft A3xx Fuel Planner, with the correct wind data, etc., it generates a value of 27,484 kg of fuel.  PFPX, with the nearly exact same values for PAX and cargo, gave me a result of 41,966 kg of fuel (trip at 33,856).  That is a significant difference of fuel calculation if I understand correctly.  The nm distance between PFPX and the planner was not too off (Aerosoft Fuel planner had it at 3159 nm, whereas 3234 nm for PFPX). That trip difference should not provide a fuel difference of over 11 tons of fuel.

Does this make any sense or am I missing something?  I am running version 1.0.0.2 for the A330, and 1.3.0.0 for the Airbus Professional series.  Clean re-install for latest updates.

Grateful for any assistance.

Cheers

You are not alone in this realization.

Already the first users who went long distance had to notice this strange calculation.
We hope that Aerosoft will improve it.

Please switch to Version 1.0.0.6

This will not fix this Fuel calculation, but other things.

• Deputy Sheriffs

With the next experimental update also the fuel planner will be updated and this should solve the problem "fuel calculation"

Regards,

Rolf

4 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

You are not alone in this realization.

Already the first users who went long distance had to notice this strange calculation.
We hope that Aerosoft will improve it.

Please switch to Version 1.0.0.6

This will not fix this Fuel calculation, but other things.

Version 1.0.0.6 is accessible as experimental?

I had the same issue with fuel. Fuel Predictor showed i was short by 1kg. I then restarted the flight and increased my fuel by 3000 kg and was still short. Finally flew with 46.6 kg and made it from KIAD to EDDM. If I use the numbers from Simbrief, I would still be short. 

Archived