CTD/stutters when using charts page

I am have some rapid FPS fluctuations with the new CRJ. Anywhere from 20fps-80fps every few seconds. I also noticed I was getting stutters when I was using the EFB, particularly the charts page. This eventually caused a "cpu power surge/overloaded noise"(Cant think of the technical term), followed by a CTD. I have an i5-9600k cpu.

• Developer
On 10.1.2020 at 02:49, sho69607 sagte:

This eventually caused a "cpu power surge/overloaded noise"(Cant think of the technical term), followed by a CTD

I don't understand what you mean by that. Is this a mechanical noise from your PC?

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I don't understand what you mean by that. Is this a mechanical noise from your PC?

Yeah. This happens when the CPU spikes at 100% usually. I haven't had this happen in awhile, so in the meantime I am turning down my settings and avoiding using the charts when using the CRJ. I know P3D doesn't have the best multi core performance, but my system usually runs it pretty well. I replied to another similar post about the problem with my crash report if that helps. Thanks.

Is there really no way to write the EFB in a way that in case the Navigraph connection fails it just ends up not showing the chart instead of crashing the whole sim to the desktop?

• Developer
On 17.1.2020 at 21:15, flycln sagte:

Is there really no way to write the EFB in a way that in case the Navigraph connection fails it just ends up not showing the chart instead of crashing the whole sim to the desktop?

It is actually written that way on my side. But the Navigraph interface in the CRJ uses external DLLs as well. If the crash occurs in one of those, outside the code that I have written, there's nothing I can do about it except to ask the developer to have a closer look.

Archived