FMS and flight planning

I am earnestly trying to learn to fly the CRJ 700 Pro and it's a very steep learning curve especially when the documentation doesn't contain adequate information. Case in point: why won't the fms take a flight plan entered in the route position? I am using PFPX as my flight planning software and export the flight plan to the correct folder for CRJ Pro and when I go to enter the file name at the route position on the fms, I get an error message as "load error". What am I doing wrong?

I use the Navigraph Data manager to update all my aircraft and addons but in the init stage, the fms doesn't show the correct airac cycle which is 2001. How to fix these issues.  Thanks.

This message appears if the flight plan contains an error.

This could be a changed number designation of a SID or STAR, 5 instead of 4, or the airway designation has changed from UP500 to P500. Or the airway has been completely removed.
You have checked in the appropriate folders that the AIRACs match?

Don't just rely on the Navigraph Manager.

Wolfgang

I have imported a rute via simbrief and the when I select the route in FMS it states "Load Error"

and 

Pos init - when I write the little airport EKSN its " Airport Unknown"

I have the latest Navigraph FMS data

All the best

Jens

No errors in flight plan according to PFPX. I run the validater after I plan a flight, no errors found. I think the CRJ Pro is full of bugs and incompatibilities with P3Dv4 hotfix 2. For example, I try a flight this morning and while the aircraft--crj 700 was at the stand (gate) the aircraft crashes! P3D gives me an error message in the green bar that it was a crash! Reload the sim and try again. This time the aircraft is in free moving state all over the airport!  I don't know what I did to throw the aircraft into this condition, again shut down P3D. I don't thin Aerosoft willingly admits that it's CRJ Pro bundle is buggy, that's my point of view. I am almost ready to give up on learning the CRJ and just stick to the Airbus Pro bundle and look else where for addon aircraft.

On 10.1.2020 at 17:06, Jens Michlas sagte:

Pos init - when I write the little airport EKSN its " Airport Unknown"

@Jens Michlas

There is no fault of the CRJs.
The runways of EKSN are too short (3934ft) for the CRJ, therefore they are not displayed in the FMS.
As base runway length Bombardier gives 4975ft for the CRJ700 at take off (MTOW) and 5040ft (MLW) for landing.

The FMC of the CRJ indicates airfields starting at about 4500ft. Where exactly the lower limit is I can't say, in my experience between 4300-4500ft. In no case however 3934ft.

@Captain Fred97

On 10.1.2020 at 18:49, Captain Fred97 sagte:

I think the CRJ Pro is full of bugs and incompatibilities with P3Dv4 hotfix 2.

I couldn't agree with you there. 
But what the CRJPro and the A333 do is to show errors in your PC installation (Windows, P3D), as both are always compiled with the latest SDK of P3Dv4.5. 
There were a lot of people who had bugs in their MS Visual++ libraries when the A333 was released, or the client of P3Dv4.5 was changed.
After updating the programs the problem was over.

The CRJPro was very stable during the beta tests and is now also in "line operation" 🙂 and only the integration of the Navigraph Charts caused some problems with CTDs, which should be solved with the current version.
What did this error message tell you exactly?
Was it a CTD and you can check in the Windows Event Viewer which error was displayed?

Have you ever tried to enter the flight plan manually in FMS? The FMS will stop at the point where there is an error.

Wolfgang

• Developer

No errors in flight plan according to PFPX.

PFPX does not create proper CRJ flightplan files. It's no surprise that these can't be loaded. I've written that in this forum multiple times. I fully agree with Wolfgang's advice to enter flightplans manually. You can learn a great deal about the FMS by doing that.

I try a flight this morning and while the aircraft--crj 700 was at the stand (gate) the aircraft crashes! P3D gives me an error message in the green bar that it was a crash!

And what does this have to do with the CRJ please? This problem has been known since FS2004 (or even longer). It's a collision of the aircraft object with an invisible scenery object and can easily be fixed by disabling the object collision checking.

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 9:58 AM, Hoffie3000 said:

@Jens Michlas

There is no fault of the CRJs.
The runways of EKSN are too short (3934ft) for the CRJ, therefore they are not displayed in the FMS.
As base runway length Bombardier gives 4975ft for the CRJ700 at take off (MTOW) and 5040ft (MLW) for landing.

The FMC of the CRJ indicates airfields starting at about 4500ft. Where exactly the lower limit is I can't say, in my experience between 4300-4500ft. In no case however 3934ft.

Hoofie3000 Thank you very much for your answer... 

Jens

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 5:09 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

I fully agree with Wolfgang's advice to enter flightplans manually.

At our company, we always enter flightplans manually in the real plane, so maybe you can file it under "extra real" simulation lol

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived