A330 Taxi Speed very high

Detail50

I tookoff from San Diego this morning destination Baltimore.

I could barely control the aircraft on taxi without extensive braking.   I can't remember the plane having this high level of thrust with fully retarded throttles and a significant amount of fuel on board.   See attached screenshots

Ray

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

No, I cant confirm this. Are you using version 1.0.0.6?

After releasing the brakes the aircraft accelerate in idle mode very slow up to 19-21kts. TOW was between 180-210t.

Even after landing with less fuel on board the taxi speed is in the same range.

Wolfgang

1 hour ago, Hoffie3000 said:

No, I cant confirm this. Are you using version 1.0.0.6?

After releasing the brakes the aircraft accelerate in idle mode very slow up to 19-21kts. TOW was between 180-210t.

Even after landing with less fuel on board the taxi speed is in the same range.

Wolfgang

Yes,   I am on 1.0.0.6.  my speed had to be significantly higher than that.

I'm not entirely sure, but my experience is that different taxiways at different airports results in different taxi speeds.  I need to research this a little better however.

You guys can help me by testing this working theory and reporting in this thread.

Many thanks!

Your idle is high, which suggests your throttles aren't actually at idle. Idle thrust is approximately 19-20% N1, your sim is up at 41%. Could possibly be a throttle calibration issue.

Try calibrating your throttles to see if that brings it down. Also, hit F1 in the sim, and they should return to idle in the interim.

I forgot to ask if you use a camera tool like Chase Planes?
Some users have also written about high taxi speeds, but there this tool was the guilty one. In the options there should be a setting for taxi.

Wolfgang

7 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

I forgot to ask if you use a camera tool like Chase Planes?
Some users have also written about high taxi speeds, but there this tool was the guilty one. In the options there should be a setting for taxi.

Wolfgang

I wasn't aware of that, I'll certainly take a look!

• Deputy Sheriffs

As mentioned already before the engine parameters are too high for idle power. EPR should be around 1.012 units. Yours is 1.067. Please check the throttle in the cockpit is visually on the idle position. If not check your controller calibrations.

The aircraft should accelerate slowly with idle thrust on lighter weights and at around 200t kg gross weight the aircraft might need a bit of thrust to get moving but will keep rolling nicely on idle thrust.

The throttle levers were in the correct position,  but a calibration of the throttle did bring the idle speed down to the correct range.

We can close this thread.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived