Increase Effectiveness- A330/A320 Reverse Thrust

Johnny767

Key word= Effectiveness 

Good morning team,

My throttles, axis, sensitivity and dead-zones are all set properly. However, when applying reverse-thrust, the aircraft barely slows down (slim to none) . 
Aircraft CFG:  Reverse thrust available = 1   (I change this and now there is no change to the aircraft's behavior. There are other things which can be changed- some work others don't

Therefore I need (to me this is a MUST) to adjust the effectiveness. I have done it for the past "95" years in every aircraft I've had. (Only when required). 

Aerosoft you can go back and do it for us; or please let me know where have you mapped this option so I can make my adjustments ( Is it within the a/c CFG or within the  a/c  Rar File ?  

Please let me know or ping me on the side. The current revere-thrust effectiveness is by far too, too low. I need to to increase that number ( Reverse_thrust_available =  )

Thank you,

Johnny

Good morning Johnny,

do you have any resources or any numbers confirming your statement about the reverse effectiveness? Our projectadvisors did not see any problems with the reverse.

I could of course just tell the developer to increase it. But how far? We need precise numbers if you claim this to be wrong. Something which i show a developer and tell him: Incrase it to this level.

Our pilots told our developers the current levels are good.

9 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Good morning Johnny,

do you have any resources or any numbers confirming your statement about the reverse effectiveness? Our projectadvisors did not see any problems with the reverse.

I could of course just tell the developer to increase it. But how far? We need precise numbers if you claim this to be wrong. Something which i show a developer and tell him: Increase it to this level.

Our pilots told our developers the current levels are good.

Good morning, Emanuel.. and thank you for responding. The effectiveness  may have been set as the test-pilots see fit. However, to my preference I prefer to make a few adjustments to these parameters. I sometimes come in a little high , or fast, and having a stronger reverse-thrust  helps me to stop faster-- and avoid burning the brake-pads or run past the runway's end.  lol 

In-any-case, I just like to make a few tweaks to my reverse, static thrust, airbrakes  etc., when necessary.  I was able to  make other adjusts, but not the reverse. No matter what number I set it to,  the reverse strength remains the same. So, looks like it's been mapped differently this time, rather than from A/C CFG/  reverse_thrust _available = 1  ( I like it at  reverse thrust available = 1.5) 

Feel free to ping me on the side if you'd like.

47 minutes ago, Johnny767 said:

Key word= Effectiveness 

Good morning team,

My throttles, axis, sensitivity and dead-zones are all set properly. However, when applying reverse-thrust, the aircraft barely slows down (slim to none) . 
Aircraft CFG:  Reverse thrust available = 1   (I change this and now there is no change to the aircraft's behavior. There are other things which can be changed- some work others don't

Therefore I need (to me this is a MUST) to adjust the effectiveness. I have done it for the past "95" years in every aircraft I've had. (Only when required). 

Aerosoft you can go back and do it for us; or please let me know where have you mapped this option so I can make my adjustments ( Is it within the a/c CFG or within the  a/c  Rar File ?  

Please let me know or ping me on the side. The current revere-thrust effectiveness is by far too, too low. I need to to increase that number ( Reverse_thrust_available =  )

Thank you,

Johnny

1. Not everything in an aircraft.cfg file is used by an addon aircraft. The aircraft systems performance is also controlled by the values in the AIR file and/or internal code.  I won't be able to elaborate on this, so please don't ask, but you're welcome to experiment all you want - but if you change things then please don't ask for support here.  We only support the code we deliver, not changes people make. If you wish to experiment, you may be better off over at FSDeveloper.com.

2. The level of reverse thrust works perfectly fine on my system, and on the systems of our testers, tech support team, and to my knowledge every once else.  I doubled checked before writing this, and we haven't had one single complaint about the level of reverse thrust, until now.  That pretty well confirms something is different on your system. I have no idea of what that difference may be because I didn't setup your system.

I'll take you at your word that you're very experienced in setting up the level of reverse thrust, and since this is a system issue I'm not sure there is anything else we can do to assist you.  We don't assist people with modifying our product, but when there is an issue we will of course modify our code ourselves and distribute that as an update.

Best wishes!

Dave,

Thank you for your response. This can be  better handle by the person who set the parameters (you know who within Aerosoft). 

- And, keep in mind, I only do small adjustments (tweaks) within my addons.. I do NOT do experiments . Yes, as you have noticed I have been around  and have gained broad knowledge.

- I understand the level-thrust-works perfectly fine on your system (and may be on everyone else), which is perfectly fine. However, (However), I prefer it a bit more effective, and just want to make a small adjust to make it stronger. 

- It's only a small tweak I'm looking to adjust. In fact, tweaks (or adjustments) is something everyone (yes everyone) in our sim world has been doing since the beginning of time. lol  (well especially with FSX, remember?) 

But, any way, Dave, if you or someone else can tell me where to adjust this (AIR File or CFG) , I would greatly appreciate it. Or point me to someone within Aerosoft that did the programming  can let me know. Remember you can ping me on the side if that's more comfortable.  

Archived