"Pittsburgh the Pennsylvania Pearl" by Rim&Co. almost ready for takeoff!

Hi dear X-Plane fellows on the Aerosoft Forum,

First of all, I would like to wish you all a happy new year 2020!

After having completed an important part of my education, I have now decided to take a year off and I am glad I can now spend more time on my hobby of creating X-Plane sceneries. 

I am very happy to announce that my latest scenery package "Pittsburgh the Pennsylvania Pearl" (I love alliterations 🙂 ) is almost ready. The package is currently in Beta-Testing and I suppose I will release it around Friday (or at the beginning of next week) on the X-Plane org store. JonFly kindly agreed to help me test the package. He wants to upload a livestream of testing the package soon. Since Pennsylvania literally means "Forestland of Penn" (Penn is the Pennsylvania founding father), I have placed tons of trees in my package, and besides that, I modelled and textured the terminal in good detail and recreated many other airport buildings and infrastructure. I also included the great SAM plugin with gangways and safe docks and, of course, the GroundTraffic plugin. Furthermore, you will find dynamic PBR ground textures and a lot of nice vehicles and objects anywhere on the airport. 

Let me give you some infos on the Airport: Pittsburgh Airport has the ICAO-Code KPIT and the IATA-code PIT. It is located in the "Moon Township" and is used both for public and for military purposes. According to Wikipedia, the elevation above sea level is 366 meters. Pittsburgh serves as a focus city for Allegiant Air, so if you have the Tollis A319, Flight-factor A320, Rotate MD80 or of course any fictional Allegiant Air, you could do some Allegiant Air flights.

You´ll have four runways to choose from, ranging from 2.469 to 3.505 meters. Speaking of long runways, you will need them for certain flights: For example, if you do the British Airways flight to London or the Condor flight to Frankfurt, with the 767/ 777. If you are a cargo fan, you could also simulate several real-world cargo flights, like to Indianapolis, Newark, Memphis, Philadelphia, Louisville and even to Doha in Katar and Luxembourg in, well, Luxembourg.

Now it´s time for a fun fact, which is especially interesting if you like good food: LSG SkyChefs chose Pittsburgh "as its sole Western hemisphere manufacturing facility", which is really impressive. And this food is much required, as there are very busy domestic routes to and from Pittsburgh that are flown a lot. The number one, according to Wikipedia, is the Delta/ Southwest service to Atlanta and number two is the Chicago service operated by American and United.

I will keep you updated on the latest progress and I am really looking forward to releasing the package. Concerning the pricing, I have not fully decided, but I guess the price tag will be around $19-21. Below, you will find some pictures I took at the X-Plane airport.

Best regards,

Rohan Kuner alias Rim&Co.

Please login to display this image.