CRJ not showing up in aircraft menu

I am having an issue with the new CRJ showing up in my aircraft list in P3D. All my other aircraft show up (including the older Aerosoft CRJ version), but not the new CRJ professional. I understand that this aircraft is no longer installed in the traditional sim objects folder. Perhaps P3D is not detecting the new location on my system? Also I might add I am unable to open P3D after installing the aircraft. The splash screen shows up, along with a very brief loading bar, and then the sim crashes with p3d still running in task manager. If I delete the temporary files, the sim opens but the aircraft is still not showing. Let me know if there are any files I can upload to help solve this issue, Thanks.

Some Questions:

Installed with administrator rights?

Where did you install P3Dv4.5 and where the CRJ Pro?
If you uninstall the CRJ Pro, will P3D work again?
Does the Windows Event Viewer show anything at the time of the crash?

Wolfgang

9 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

Some Questions:

Installed with administrator rights?

Where did you install P3Dv4.5 and where the CRJ Pro?
If you uninstall the CRJ Pro, will P3D work again?
Does the Windows Event Viewer show anything at the time of the crash?

Wolfgang

1.) Yes installed with admin rights. I even tried to disable Windows Defender and the firewall at the time of the install to no success.

2.) I have P3D installed in the C:/program files folder. This product installs by default in the program files(x86)/Aerosoft folder but I am not sure if that makes a difference.

3.) Uninstalling makes no difference unless I delete the DLL.XML file and start from scratch.

4.) Nothing in the Windows Event Viewer either. I dont think it is being considered a crash by the system, as P3D stays running in the background until I close it in task manager.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, sho69607 said:

2.) I have P3D installed in the C:/program files folder. This product installs by default in the program files(x86)/Aerosoft folder but I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Not the best idea. Never uninstall i Simulator and its addons in the Windows Programs folder.

I suggest the following:

- uninstall the CRJ Pr and delete any remaining folders

- reboot your PC

- create a folder outside P3D, like C:\P3D-Addons

- run the installer of the CRJ Pro again and point to this folder

- reboot and try again.

Additionally:

- What Windows version are you using?

- Which exact version of P3Dv4 are you using. Please post the version number of the prepar3d.exe.

18 hours ago, mopperle said:

Not the best idea. Never uninstall i Simulator and its addons in the Windows Programs folder.

I suggest the following:

- uninstall the CRJ Pr and delete any remaining folders

- reboot your PC

- create a folder outside P3D, like C:\P3D-Addons

- run the installer of the CRJ Pro again and point to this folder

- reboot and try again.

Additionally:

- What Windows version are you using?

- Which exact version of P3Dv4 are you using. Please post the version number of the prepar3d.exe.

I am on Windows 10, with P3D v4.5.13.32097. I followed your steps and unfortunately it still did not work. Something must of gotten corrupted in my install, so I am afraid I may have to begin the tedious process of a complete reinstall of p3d. I can get the sim to boot if I delete the generated files, but this is a major annoyance as it wipes out all of my settings and some scenery every time. I will report back the results, thanks for your help.

Okay the issue still remains. I completely uninstalled P3d, reinstalled it at the base C drive (not program files), installed the aircraft into p3d addons, and it still is not showing up. Navigraph's FMS manager does detect the install though, which is really strange.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:32 AM, sho69607 said:

I am having an issue with the new CRJ showing up in my aircraft list in P3D. All my other aircraft show up (including the older Aerosoft CRJ version), but not the new CRJ professional. I understand that this aircraft is no longer installed in the traditional sim objects folder. Perhaps P3D is not detecting the new location on my system? Also I might add I am unable to open P3D after installing the aircraft. The splash screen shows up, along with a very brief loading bar, and then the sim crashes with p3d still running in task manager. If I delete the temporary files, the sim opens but the aircraft is still not showing. Let me know if there are any files I can upload to help solve this issue, Thanks.

Have you checked in the aircraft.cfg folder for the aircrafts, that is start with number 0 then 1 then 2 and so on? Please just do that to be sure!

Many Greetings

MAN/Marc J. Nielsen

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, please make a screnshot of te folder where you have installed the CRJ. should look like this:

Please login to display this image.

Additionally please post the file add-ons.cfg, you find it here:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

OK, please make a screnshot of te folder where you have installed the CRJ. should look like this:

Additionally please post the file add-ons.cfg, you find it here:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

Okay here it is. Looking at the Addon.cfg I notice there is very little in the file, none of which includes this aircraft.

add-ons.cfg

22 hours ago, mopperle said:

And what did you do?

To be honest, I am not sure. I deleted some dll files that were regenerated at relaunch. For some reason they may have been left over even after I reinstalled the sim. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived