!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Jakub Lukaszewski

Doing scenery - help me (ENTO Torp)

Hello

Some time ago I created completely new ground poly for the already existing ENTO scenery - Sandefjord Torp. Unfortunately, I don't have time to finish it and I don't know with whom I can talk about the possible sale of this project. It is a pity to throw it in the trash. The publisher Aerosoft ENTO wrote to me that it wasn't planning any updates and completely abandoned development for simulators. I tried to write to Jo Erlend Sund but it doesn't display my messages. I used some of his textures in this project. Maybe someone has some advice for me? I attach some screenshots of my project. Everything has been done in 3DS max on student license (I am student). 

It would be good to make a terminal with interior for Torp. In real a lot has changed at this airport. 

Regards

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.PNG

I see several problems with selling that product: You can not sell a product with parts of another payware product in it. Especially complicated it gets, when you use the ground picture, because that would have been licensed to exactly that product at the time it was developped. And you use the student version of MAX, as long as I know, you are not allowed to creat comercially sold products with that license because it's only for studing purpose. So, as cool as your airport looks, I see some bumps on the way if you want to pass it on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beat578 said:

I see several problems with selling that product: You can not sell a product with parts of another payware product in it. Especially complicated it gets, when you use the ground picture, because that would have been licensed to exactly that product at the time it was developped. And you use the student version of MAX, as long as I know, you are not allowed to creat comercially sold products with that license because it's only for studing purpose. So, as cool as your airport looks, I see some bumps on the way if you want to pass it on.

I would not like to sell this with existing scenery. I would only like to sell Ground Poly. And I didn't want to put a screenshot without buildings so I decided to show my gp with old scenery. In this old scenery we have to change a lot, because a lot of things don't go together. That is why I would like to transfer my work to someone who knows how to do it.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will ask our scenery project manager to take a look.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jakub Lukaszewski said:

I would not like to sell this with existing scenery. I would only like to sell Ground Poly. And I didn't want to put a screenshot without buildings so I decided to show my gp with old scenery. In this old scenery we have to change a lot, because a lot of things don't go together. That is why I would like to transfer my work to someone who knows how to do it.

However, you say yourself:

" I used some of [Jo Erlend Sunds] textures in this project."

You can not sell ANYTHING which you used (the correct word if you want to sell it would be "stole") from another payware scenery. That's piracy.

" Everything has been done in 3DS max on student license (I am student) "

You might be a student but the EULA of the student license clearly excludes any commercial purpose. In other words: You are not allowed to sell your creations, even though you can legally use the 3DS Max student version.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

However, you say yourself:

" I used some of [Jo Erlend Sunds] textures in this project."

You can not sell ANYTHING which you used (the correct word if you want to sell it would be "stole") from another payware scenery. That's piracy.

" Everything has been done in 3DS max on student license (I am student) "

You might be a student but the EULA of the student license clearly excludes any commercial purpose. In other words: You are not allowed to sell your creations, even though you can legally use the 3DS Max student version.

I have written to Jo Erlend Sund many times, asking about the use of textures and the desire to buy them. Unfortunately, he didn't display my messages. So please don't call me "pirate" and a thief. If I were a thief I would not write in the forum describing everything exactly as I did. I don't hide anything. The scenery is only in my hands, and for my own use I can use what I want. That's why I'm asking what I can do about it. It is a pity to abandon this project when someone from the Aerosoft team can finish it and make a really good scenery.

Regards

If Jo Erlend decides, for whatever reason, not to give you permission to use his textures then you can not use them. Sorry, but it's easy as this.

I'm not saying you are a pirate by the way, for personal purposes on your own system you can do whatever you want with any of our products. Only if you want to publish them you need to be careful.

14 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

If Jo Erlend decides, for whatever reason, not to give you permission to use his textures then you can not use them. Sorry, but it's easy as this.

I'm not saying you are a pirate by the way, for personal purposes on your own system you can do whatever you want with any of our products. Only if you want to publish them you need to be careful.

Yes I know. But I don't know what Jo Erlend will say, who didn't even read my message (attachment)

1.PNG

Pretty useless writing to Jo Erlend Sund since Torp is not one of his products. It was done by Joakim Tychesen, you should write to him. Jo Erlend has nothing to do with it and can therefor not give permission.

57 minutes ago, PatrickZ said:

Pretty useless writing to Jo Erlend Sund since Torp is not one of his products. It was done by Joakim Tychesen, you should write to him. Jo Erlend has nothing to do with it and can therefor not give permission.

You're right. I wrote the same in my first post :) I wrote with Joaki Tychesen about a possible Torp update, but he wrote to me that he abandoned designing for Flight Simulators completely and doesn't plan to release any updates. I started making my ground poly with a completely new scenery in mind (not Joakim's). I wanted to do everything in a technique like Jo Erlend Sund because his scenery looks great, that's why I used his line textures. Don't write that "Jo Erlend has nothing to do with it and can therefor not give permission." because he doesn't even read my messages, so he doesn't know anything about my message. I wrote to him willingly to cooperate or buy his textures at a satisfactory price. 

Regards

Or, once you get permission to release it with others textures, you could put it out as-is, as freeware, and call it a version 0.1/alpha.

You may be surprised at how many people will use it, and want to improve it, asking your permission to do so.

On 1/16/2020 at 2:31 AM, Mace_RB said:

Or, once you get permission to release it with others textures, you could put it out as-is, as freeware, and call it a version 0.1/alpha.

You may be surprised at how many people will use it, and want to improve it, asking your permission to do so.

I want to do it, but Jo Erlend Sund still not reply :( I can give it to Aerosoft for free if they did a completely new Torp scenery...