Baby Bus Pushback With GSX2 Stopped working

gollum65

In the last week I updated the Aerosoft baby bus (A320/321...I don't own the 318/319 or 330) to version 1.3.0,.0 and also it seems like GSX 2 is always updating itself.  Now the last few days when I call GSX for push back it starts but never pushes back.  I get de-iced if needed, the PB truck connects, the FO goes thru the checklist, and that's it.  It just sits there and does not initiate the push back.  It never asks for parking brakes released or gives me any message to release them.  One thing I noticed in MCDU3 is that the parking cones are never removed, but even if I remove them GSX still never pushes back.  I then have to use the built in PB system that is independent of GSX 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, gollum65 said:

In the last week I updated the Aerosoft baby bus (A320/321...I don't own the 318/319 or 330) to version 1.3.0,.0 and also it seems like GSX 2 is always updating itself.  Now the last few days when I call GSX for push back it starts but never pushes back.  I get de-iced if needed, the PB truck connects, the FO goes thru the checklist, and that's it.  It just sits there and does not initiate the push back.  It never asks for parking brakes released or gives me any message to release them.  One thing I noticed in MCDU3 is that the parking cones are never removed, but even if I remove them GSX still never pushes back.  I then have to use the built in PB system that is independent of GSX 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

I have tried the same thing when I forget to remove the external power and chocks in MCDU3. Did you remember to remove all activities in Ground Services in MCDU3?

Regards,

Markus

24 minutes ago, gollum65 said:

I use the automated copilot and checklists, so they are supposed to be removed automatically,

When you had this issue with GSX not pushing did you check that the external power and chocks is removed?

Regards,

Markus

4 minutes ago, M4rk0 said:

When you had this issue with GSX not pushing did you check that the external power and chocks is removed?

Regards,

Markus

Markus,   I think hes telling you that before the update that broke all this stuff that things worked properly and it was done so automatically.   The Sim should work properly as it did before.   Was hopeful we would get an update today with some additional information now that developers are back.

Yes, that's correct.  Never had an issue until the update last week.  Now I ran into an even stranger problem.  I just setup a flight, went through the checklists using the automatic copilot, pushed back using the built in pushback feature in the Aerosoft bus, and once it was completed I went through the after start checklist with no problem, got to the point where I was supposed to start to taxi and the aircraft refused to move.  It was like it was stuck in concrete.  Even with the engines at max throttle the aircraft wouldn't budge.  This was at Aerosoft Frankfurt.  I slewed to another location thinking maybe I had found a spot on the airport where there was a clipping problem (though I've used that gate dozens of times without issue).  After slewing to somewhere else on the airport the aircraft still refused to move an inch.  I ended up quitting out of P3D as there was no way to get the plane to move at all.  All this is very frustrating.  I guess I can uninstall the Aerosoft bus and reinstall using the older version, if I still have that installer?  I'll have to search for it.

1 minute ago, gollum65 said:

Yes, that's correct.  Never had an issue until the update last week.  Now I ran into an even stranger problem.  I just setup a flight, went through the checklists using the automatic copilot, pushed back using the built in pushback feature in the Aerosoft bus, and once it was completed I went through the after start checklist with no problem, got to the point where I was supposed to start to taxi and the aircraft refused to move.  It was like it was stuck in concrete.  Even with the engines at max throttle the aircraft wouldn't budge.  This was at Aerosoft Frankfurt.  I slewed to another location thinking maybe I had found a spot on the airport where there was a clipping problem (though I've used that gate dozens of times without issue).  After slewing to somewhere else on the airport the aircraft still refused to move an inch.  I ended up quitting out of P3D as there was no way to get the plane to move at all.  All this is very frustrating.  I guess I can uninstall the Aerosoft bus and reinstall using the older version, if I still have that installer?  I'll have to search for it.

My A320 runs the checklist fine vrs the 330.    The problem is that my loss of control events at cruise have now found their way into the 320 where they weren't there before, so that has issues now also.   I'm waiting for this checklist issue to get cleared so I can try to run some A330 flights again from a clean start to see if other actions taken have helped that situation.   Since the indications are that FSDT has created the issue on their side, Idk when we might get to that point.   The aerosoft folks have been helpful, but it doesn't sound like this situation is of their making..

Yes, I agree that I don't know if this is a problem with the Bus or with GSX?  Regardless, I uninstalled 1.3.0.0 and reinstalled 1.2.5.0 after a reboot.  Now I have to see if it all works correctly?

1 hour ago, gollum65 said:

This issue usually happens when the nws pin disconnect is shown on the upper ecam and not removed after push is completed or GSX might have been the reason for this. Did you have GSX activated during this flight? 

Regards,

Markus

Not sure and I don't remember.  I never got to even taxi from the ramp.  After pushback the plane just wouldn't move.  I uninstalled 1.3.0.0 and installed 1.2.5.0 and now the plane will move again.  I don't know if GSX is going to work again as I didn't try it?

3 minutes ago, gollum65 said:

Not sure and I don't remember.  I never got to even taxi from the ramp.  After pushback the plane just wouldn't move.  I uninstalled 1.3.0.0 and installed 1.2.5.0 and now the plane will move again.  I don't know if GSX is going to work again as I didn't try it?

OK, a few days a go GSX released a update and if you don't have it yet I would suggest you go update it. You could try it out and see if it works

Regards,

Markus

2 minutes ago, gollum65 said:

Hi Sir!

Im not sure if this is what it is, but it sounds to me like a problem with either the Airbus Checklists or GSX. So if you experience it again, please check in the MCDU3 that the Chocks, Traffic cones and External power. So even though it is supposed to do that automatically, please check so.

If all these things is disconnected, and it still won´t move, try to disconnect GSX and move the aircraft.

Many Greetings

MAN/Marc J. Nielsen

As I indicated in my OP the traffic cones were not being removed and removing them myself did not initiate the pushback.  But this morning I've fixed it!  I completely uninstalled the Aerosoft Bus and GSX/GSX2 including removing their folders and doing a registry clean.  After reboot I installed the Aerosoft Bus 1.3.0.0 and verified it was completely up to date and working in P3D.  I then reinstalled GSX/GSX2 and verified that it was completely up to date.  After another reboot I went through the whole boarding/loading process and then asked for pushback.  Here's what I believe was the problem:  After installing 1.3.0.0 in the MCDU3 Ground Services menu GSX services were turned off.  Once I turned them back on pushback worked as expected, including the traffic cones being removed.  I don't know if that's what the original issue was but it might be a good idea to verify whether GSX Services get turned off when upgrading from 1.2.5.0 to 1.3.0.0?

Thanks for everyone's responses.

19 minutes ago, gollum65 said:

As I indicated in my OP the traffic cones were not being removed and removing them myself did not initiate the pushback.  But this morning I've fixed it!  I completely uninstalled the Aerosoft Bus and GSX/GSX2 including removing their folders and doing a registry clean.  After reboot I installed the Aerosoft Bus 1.3.0.0 and verified it was completely up to date and working in P3D.  I then reinstalled GSX/GSX2 and verified that it was completely up to date.  After another reboot I went through the whole boarding/loading process and then asked for pushback.  Here's what I believe was the problem:  After installing 1.3.0.0 in the MCDU3 Ground Services menu GSX services were turned off.  Once I turned them back on pushback worked as expected, including the traffic cones being removed.  I don't know if that's what the original issue was but it might be a good idea to verify whether GSX Services get turned off when upgrading from 1.2.5.0 to 1.3.0.0?

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Thats good to hear sir!

I hope that this problem won´t show again! Happy flying, you are always welcome to post here on the forums!

Many Greetings

MAN/Marc J. Nielsen

Archived