Airbus Pro Series Turnaround State

scotth6

Hi,

I have recently noticed some inconsistencies.  I was having trouble with the A330 and the latest FS2Crew integration for that aircraft.  When I start in the default state and then start FS2Crew, the First Officer switches off the External Power switch on the overhead for some reason.  I then have to turn it back on again.  I noticed when trying different versions that the V1.0.0.0 of the A330 had the external power switch off by default and then this was fixed with one of the experimental updates, so if using the latest experimental update the issue has been solved and the external power switch is on by default.  That is good, and correct.

Just the other day I downloaded the latest version of the Airbus Pro A318/A319/A320/A321 (V1.3.0.0)  Now I see that the turnaround state for that latest version has the external power switch off, and therefore the aircraft unpowered, by default.  I assume this is a bug.

As for the FS2Crew issue, that is still not solved and the developer (Bryan) could not replicate it.  I wonder if any of the developers or testers have used the FS2Crew program with the A330?  If so, have they seen this issue? 

Cheers, 

1 minute ago, scotth6 said:

Hi,

I have recently noticed some inconsistencies.  I was having trouble with the A330 and the latest FS2Crew integration for that aircraft.  When I start in the default state and then start FS2Crew, the First Officer switches off the External Power switch on the overhead for some reason.  I then have to turn it back on again.  I noticed when trying different versions that the V1.0.0.0 of the A330 had the external power switch off by default and then this was fixed with one of the experimental updates, so if using the latest experimental update the issue has been solved and the external power switch is on by default.  That is good, and correct.

Just the other day I downloaded the latest version of the Airbus Pro A318/A319/A320/A321 (V1.3.0.0)  Now I see that the turnaround state for that latest version has the external power switch off, and therefore the aircraft unpowered, by default.  I assume this is a bug.

As for the FS2Crew issue, that is still not solved and the developer (Bryan) could not replicate it.  I wonder if any of the developers or testers have used the FS2Crew program with the A330?  If so, have they seen this issue? 

Cheers, 

Hi

When you are reffering to "default state" which state would that be? regarding your problem with the external power in turnaround state I flew a flight were I started in turnaround state and I my external power was on, but I were not using FS2Crew on that flight. Are you having the same issue when flying without FS2Crew? I have not yet tried FS2Crew with the A330 but I can do some testing later today and see if I have the same issues as you.

Regards,

Markus

Hey Scott,

Sorry you're having issues.  If I may ask, did you check for and manually remove any remaining folders for the aircraft in question, which would have been located in the Documents\Aerosoft folder?

What may have happened is the State files were still there from the previous version, and during the new installation they were not overwritten.  This would be do to folder permissions issues, which can be different from system to system for a variety of reasons.  Because of this, we always ask that our customers uninstall a product and then manually check for any remaining folders and then remove them and then reboot before reinstalling.

We have a procedure for this if you're interested:

On 1/6/2020 at 8:34 PM, M4rk0 said:

Hi

When you are reffering to "default state" which state would that be? regarding your problem with the external power in turnaround state I flew a flight were I started in turnaround state and I my external power was on, but I were not using FS2Crew on that flight. Are you having the same issue when flying without FS2Crew? I have not yet tried FS2Crew with the A330 but I can do some testing later today and see if I have the same issues as you.

Regards,

Markus

Hi Markus,

I should have said, the default state I was starting in was the turnaround state, which was the state that is set to default, by default.  Yes I have tried without FS2Crew also.  FS2Crew should not really affect the aircraft until it is activated on each flight by bringing up the control panel.  With the latest version (1.0.0.6) my external power switch on the overhead is correctly set to on.  This seems to have been fixed with one of the previous hotfixes.

Cheers,

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey Scott,

Sorry you're having issues.  If I may ask, did you check for and manually remove any remaining folders for the aircraft in question, which would have been located in the Documents\Aerosoft folder?

What may have happened is the State files were still there from the previous version, and during the new installation they were not overwritten.  This would be do to folder permissions issues, which can be different from system to system for a variety of reasons.  Because of this, we always ask that our customers uninstall a product and then manually check for any remaining folders and then remove them and then reboot before reinstalling.

We have a procedure for this if you're interested:

Thanks Dave, I will check that thread out and do a fresh installation to try.  I was initially deleting some files in the Documents/Aerosoft folder when trying to install the A330, but I didn't want to dlete too many because I wasn't sure what was related to other Aerosoft products, such as the Airbus 32 bit which I still have installed.  I will try deleting all the recommended folders and files and doing a fresh install.

Cheers,

@DaveCT2003

Hi Dave,

I thought I would reply back and let you know that after following your full uninstall/reinstall guide above the A318/319/320/321 and A330 are now starting correctly when loaded in the turnaround state.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Scott

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

10 hours ago, scotth6 said:

@DaveCT2003

Hi Dave,

I thought I would reply back and let you know that after following your full uninstall/reinstall guide above the A318/319/320/321 and A330 are now starting correctly when loaded in the turnaround state.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Scott

Very happy to hear this my friend!  All of us here know just how frustrating it is to find the time to make a flight and then have something not work correctly!

Best wishes for excellent flights!  If you ever find the time, feel free to join us for some flights on our Discord Server!  We're having great fun flying together!

Archived