Continuing issues with NavData Pro Charts

jn_carter

Good day,

there's no end to the problems with NavData Pro charts - the desktop AND web application. The sequence of the displayed charts is still messed up and the print out function produce prints which are useless. Please refer to the pictures the see what I mean! If this won't be delt with in a timely fashion, I have to move to a product from competitors. Thank you

Please login to display this image.

Mine, with folding charts title.

But it's a good move we have a gesture zoom now.

They said they are working on it, those stuff were not expected by Aerosoft, I am sure they will succeed in working it.

I would go back to the good old pdf if I were them, unless geolocation on chart is selected active by the user.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, very sad.

Right now I have a Navigraph subscription and I am (was) contemplating to switch because I favor LIDO charts.

But the windows client renders just horrible on a 4K monitor and the web client is barely usable. I observe a mixture of all errors stated above.

It is really a nightmare. I have used NDP charts for a long time exclusively on my iPad together with the iOS App. The iOS App does no longer work and the web client using a web browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome) does not allow to send selected charts to the kneeboard on the iPad (no right click possible on the tablet). So all users that use an iOS tablet in their cockpit have no other choice but to wait for a fix or to switch to Navigraph or the free Chartfox. I also prefer the LIDO charts, but flying online (VATSIM; IVAO) without up-to-date charts is no option. I really really hope that Aerosoft put their man-power together to make NDP Charts an enjoyable product on iOS devices again.

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 10:21 AM, hotbso said:

Yes, very sad.

Right now I have a Navigraph subscription and I am (was) contemplating to switch because I favor LIDO charts.

But the windows client renders just horrible on a 4K monitor and the web client is barely usable. I observe a mixture of all errors stated above.

I'd like to hear more about the rendering issues? We provide higher zoom level than competition and our charts are rendered in higher DPI. So if too much zoom exposes quality issues I will limit it to 100% which is more than enough to see every detail without seeing any quality issues.

Lots of issues are being fixed as we speak. Windows version is ready, Mac version coming. All will provide auto updating so we will be able to push updates more quickly in the future. Printing is also working with new versions ;)

iOS and Android apps coming after stable desktop apps are out.

On 23.1.2020 at 20:56, RobsonM sagte:

I'd like to hear more about the rendering issues? We provide higher zoom level than competition and our charts are rendered in higher DPI. So if too much zoom exposes quality issues I will limit it to 100% which is more than enough to see every detail without seeing any quality issues.

Lots of issues are being fixed as we speak. Windows version is ready, Mac version coming. All will provide auto updating so we will be able to push updates more quickly in the future. Printing is also working with new versions ;)

iOS and Android apps coming after stable desktop apps are out.

Contrast the chart to the labels on the left side: the chart is blurry. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Definitely not a problem with the webclient (4K monitor and 250% upscaling in Windows):

Maybe this is something for you guys:

The web client was unusable for me because of the various layout and clipping problems that were already described elsewhere.

Fortunately that seams to be fixed  already.

1 hour ago, hotbso said:

The web client was unusable for me because of the various layout and clipping problems that were already described elsewhere.

Fortunately that seams to be fixed  already.

Glad it's fixed. We are working hard on bringing swift updates to NDP project. It got a little stagnant over the years but now new features are coming ;)

I really hope that a new client for iOS will come out soon. Currently I‘m forced to use the Navigraph (Jeppesen) client. The client  is brilliant but I don‘t really like those charts. I definitely prefer LIDO. 

I’m flying for a real related VA and the real airline uses LIDO too. 😀

vor 13 Stunden , RobsonM sagte:

Glad it's fixed. We are working hard on bringing swift updates to NDP project. It got a little stagnant over the years but now new features are coming ;)

Great to hear. Is there a wish list around 8-) ?

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, Lenair said:

I really hope that a new client for iOS will come out soon. Currently I‘m forced to use the Navigraph (Jeppesen) client. The client  is brilliant but I don‘t really like those charts. I definitely prefer LIDO. 

Native versions for MacOs, iOS, Windows 64 bits and Android are planned. 

14 hours ago, Lenair said:

Have you tried our webclient? It has the same functionality and after recent updates works perfectly with touch screens on all tablets. Give it a go ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived