A3XX 1.3.0.0

dnunes

I have now installed the last Airbus update. Looking at the Fuel Planner, I noticed that the TOW %MAC, ZFW% MAC and the TRIM values are different from those shown for the previous version. I could verify this as I had noted the values for a recent flight. Why is this so? Were the older values incorrect?

Regards,

Domingos

12 minutes ago, dnunes said:

I have now installed the last Airbus update. Looking at the Fuel Planner, I noticed that the TOW %MAC, ZFW% MAC and the TRIM values are different from those shown for the previous version. I could verify this as I had noted the values for a recent flight. Why is this so? Were the older values incorrect?

Regards,

Domingos

Yes, this is true.  We're currently testing an upcoming update with more tailored trim values.

Hello Dave,

Just wondering about the status of the "upcoming update"?

I flew from EGLL-LSZH today with a TOW of 75116 kgs.  The Trim and ZFW%MAC numbers seemed somewhat extreme!

Many thanks....

Please login to display this image.

6 minutes ago, ianor said:

Just wondering about the status of the "upcoming update"?

It's in testing at the moment.  Most of the team returned from the Holidays over last week so things are gearing back up behind the scenes.  As sure as we're happy with the Fuel Planner the update will get pushed out.  Even after the updated fuel planner comes out, I still recommend using SimBrief to determine the amount of fuel (our Fuel Planner is just way too basic) and then enter the Simbrief Calculated fuel under "TOTAL" in the lower right corner and then select Generate Loadsheet, and once in the aircraft, Load and Fuel page, select INIT Loadsheet.  I'm aware the Trim is whacked, which as far as Im concerned is the real reason for our needing to update it.

I'm very delinquent on getting a Airbus Fuel Planning video out... I was down with a rather horrible cold last week, but as I'm feeling better I will try and get that video out to conincide with the forthcoming Airbus update.

Best wishes!

Many thanks Dave for your ultra fast and helpful response. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

I have had no problems using your Fuel Planner for the A319/A320 and A321. However, in future I will now also obtain a fuel figure from Simbrief for comparison purposes.

Kind regards

16 minutes ago, ianor said:

Many thanks Dave for your ultra fast and helpful response. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

I have had no problems using your Fuel Planner for the A319/A320 and A321. However, in future I will now also obtain a fuel figure from Simbrief for comparison purposes.

Kind regards

You are most welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again Dave,

Just wondering if there is any news on the revised Flight Planner?

5th Jan 2020 " We're currently testing an upcoming update with more tailored trim values"

I have updated to v 1.3.0.2

Depending on your reply, I may well revert back to version 1.2.5 .............which did not have the "whacky" Trim values!

Many thanks

Ian

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I know, I know. Things are not going swimmingly, we are still hoping to get the Navigraph charts implemented a bit more gracefully. If that does not work we'll release what we have.

I have thought about this before but at this point. Would you say the Navdatapro solution works better than what can be expected from Navigraph? In that case i can switch (just don't like to pay double but at some point).

I like the LIDO charts but not sure if the data part works as good as Navigraph. I like that it updates all my software, not just planes.

Can someone please confirm that, if I revert back to v1.2.5, then that A3xx FuelPlanner will not have the "whacky" Trim Values present in v1.3.0.2?

Many thanks.

4 hours ago, ianor said:

Can someone please confirm that, if I revert back to v1.2.5, then that A3xx FuelPlanner will not have the "whacky" Trim Values present in v1.3.0.2?

Many thanks.

In my opinion, version 1.3.0.2 (smaller buses) is the best version.  The A320 is not quite right but the A318/A319 should be spot on.  Reverting to 1.2.x.x may help if  you're only using the A320/A321 product, but doing so will hose up the A330.

My recommendation is to stay with 1.3.0.2 and instead of using the Fuel Planner for the A320 just use Simbrief and simply enter your desired Trim value yourself in the aircraft (MCDU and then set the trim on the trim wheel).

28 minutes ago, miquelpp said:

Hi Mathijs, can  we still expect an update this week?

Thanks.

Miquel.

This was on my agenda to discuss in a meeting yesterday, however we had to postpone the meeting until later today.  But since it's Friday I don't think so especially because we've learned NOT to release updates over the weekend..... ;).   We're trying to meet later today and I'll get some more information about the pending update, but just know that behind the scenes everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) are working like dogs for you guys!

Best wishes.

Hello Dave,

Many thanks for your response......helpful, comme toujours!

"My recommendation is to stay with 1.3.0.2 and instead of using the Fuel Planner for the A320 just use Simbrief and simply enter your desired Trim value yourself in the aircraft (MCDU and then set the trim on the trim wheel)."

I agree that I can obtain a more accurate fuel figure from SimBrief but I am still not sure what to use for the Trim Values (enter your desired Trim value yourself)............what, just guess what they might be?!

As for the A319 : " but the A318/A319 should be spot on"..........can you please just confirm that you mean the Trim Values are spot on?

My main concern for the A319/320/321 is the Trim Values........the fuel figure can easily be got from SimBrief. I am not an A330 user.

Really appreciate all the work going on behind the scenes. This is, after all, only a hobby and no one is going to get hurt if we have to wait a few more days for the update!

Best....Ian

So long as the trim you set in the aircraft is in the green on the trim wheel, the Airbus is fine.  It's actually a selling point of the real world aircraft.  If you want some additional information about this you can search the Internet for "Airbus A320 (or A321, A318, A319, A330) trim" as it's written about rather extensively.  Mind you, the A330 is different because it has a Trim Tank in the rear, but other than that it's pretty much the same as the smaller buses.

So... in the green band, you're fine.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ianor said:

Thank you Dave.

"No date yet for the next update".....disappointing.

Yeah, I know it's disappointing.  I have a project that has been tremendously negatively effected by the development and update schedule so I too am disappointed, but not with the team.  They are dealing with some issues (not of their making), but doing excellent work.  Plus, yours truly found a handful of new issues which came out of nowhere, and you didn't want the 1.0.0.8 version that we were testing for release, people would have gone ballistic over that and rightfully so.  These were completely new, to my knowledge never seen before issues and one of them that we're still tracking down may well have been created by another developer that most flight sim airline drivers use.  Right now all of them have been fixes except one (the worst of the bunch) and we're working very hard to track down the cause and effect (well, we darned sure know the effect and it wasn't good).

On the good side... there are many more fixes that can be added to the upcoming update that wouldn't have made it into the release, and that's a great thing!

Anyway, it's not like our team is sitting on their hands and holding the update.  We want it out as badly as you guys do!

Many thanks Dave for your customary prompt and comprehensive response.

"there are many more fixes that can be added to the upcoming update that wouldn't have made it into the release, and that's a great thing!"..........I am now much less disappointed!! Exciting news....

Archived