Forcing long distance alternate? Pfpx ignores airport

On some routes I try to plan an alternate that is a long distance from the destination airport.

Pfpx ignores my alternate if the distance is too long.

Pfpx puts ALTN in place of the airport code and gives 0 fuel in the plan

Is there a solution to forcing Pfpx to use the one alternate I have selected? Thanks.

2 hours ago, phil747fan said:

which distance the planner is ignoring for you?

could you post the flightplan you generate?

An alternate of KORF for a plan KEWR-TXKF

1 hour ago, chkl said:

An alternate of KORF for a plan KEWR-TXKF

Phil did ask for the OFP, it would be useful to know which aircraft performance file is in use also.

Works for me:

Please login to display this image.

7 hours ago, srcooke said:

Phil did ask for the OFP, it would be useful to know which aircraft performance file is in use also.

Works for me:

How is an OFP layout the cause of an alternative not displaying? I will try with the default OFP format

The OFP format maybe one cause of the discrepancy if not correctly coded, in addition the OFP provides more information than that provided.

Again the aircraft performance file in use ? as this may cause issue also.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:09 AM, srcooke said:

The OFP format maybe one cause of the discrepancy if not correctly coded, in addition the OFP provides more information than that provided.

Again the aircraft performance file in use ? as this may cause issue also.

I am using the LIDO format downloaded from here in the library and the 737 profile from the airlinerpreformance website

11 hours ago, chkl said:

I am using the LIDO format downloaded from here in the library and the 737 profile from the airlinerpreformance website

Still cannot reproduce the problem, see attached.

PFPX v2.03

LIDO OFP template v1.05

Default B737 entry with 737-700_B24B26_v1.00.per

Default US Flag fuel policy

Any changes to the fuel policy or aircraft entry ?

KEWR-TXKF (07-Jan-2020) #2.zip

9 hours ago, srcooke said:

Still cannot reproduce the problem, see attached.

PFPX v2.03

LIDO OFP template v1.05

Default B737 entry with 737-700_B24B26_v1.00.per

Default US Flag fuel policy

Any changes to the fuel policy or aircraft entry ?

KEWR-TXKF (07-Jan-2020) #2.zip 69.34 kB · 1 download

Worked correctly here too today. That was odd. I attached a plan I did a few days ago KJFK-TXKF where I had the same issue. No fuel given for an Alternate. the atc flight plan says ALTN rather than KORF but at the bottom the route maps it does show a flight plan going to KORF for the alternate!

AA1416-KJFK-TXKF.pdf

2 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Could you post a snapshot of the general tab for the aircraft registration.

Weather could have been not good enough for that day and it ignored it? Thats my one guess...

I edited my post quickly adding that the route map at the bottom of the plan did show a plan to KORF but no atc plan ALTN and no fuel given for it.

I had wondered if the ceiling/visibility was affecting the outcome but I do not believe so.

However it looks like you are not using the AirlinerPerformance profile, select the Info button to compare to this:

23 minutes ago, srcooke said:

I had wondered if the ceiling/visibility was affecting the outcome but I do not believe so.

However it looks like you are not using the AirlinerPerformance profile, select the Info button to compare to this:

Must have forgotten that I changed the file back to default, my landing fuel remaining was low with the airlinerperformance file after each flight

Archived