A319: joystick problem 2

GaryMcCl

Hiya. DaveCT2003 gave me some good advice on having a problem with my joystick.

To assign the rudder in P3D, be sure that Auto Rudder is disabled in both P3D and the Airbus

I'm confused how I should disable both P3D and the Airbus. When I was given the good advice, screen in the cockpit suggested it got it working, but it's too sensitive. I can't keep on a taxiway.

3 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

I have fsuipc installed, but I'll uninstall if it will help. Where in P3D is the settings?

Thanks Dave

No sir, just leave it installed.  I just wanted to be sure what you were using for control bindings, understand you're not using FSUIPC (that's good).

21 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

No sir, just leave it installed

.... But that leaves me in the same position. I'm guessing I can leave fsuipc on, but follow your advice on the following two options in P3D:

19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sensitivity and DeadZone up in P3D Controls

Do you know where those settings are in P3D? Options? (Sorry, I don't have access to my PC at the moment)

Gaz

Just now, GaryMcCl said:

leave fsuipc on

.(actually, I'm sure I can just turn it off as I can see other complaints)

Hi. I haven't done anything with FSUIPC as you told me, but I'm always prepared to uninstall it (I see lots of people saying the same as you, Dave).

I'm having real trouble assigning the joystick buttons to different areas. Also, I can't get the rudder to move when I twist the joystick.  I'm sure run into other problem if I get this working, but slowly I'm getting there I think..

Can someone please point out where I do this? I've been in the Options area for but not seem to change a view.

Thanks

Dave

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that question: 

1. are you saying that I should have gone through my last options to fix the problem initially, and what I did is what I was advised to do some time before   (am I intelligent enough to do the basics?)
  2. or that you couldn't help me given what I had said, and were genuinely interested in what I did to fix the problem?

For info; in answer to  2, i reset everything, haven't tested it yet, but hope that I can do something before it's back to normal.

Just to answer 1, I did what you said so that I didn't change how the joystick was working, Chaseplane or anything except Sensitivity and DeadZone. I don't know about DeadZone, but I hadn't changed Sensitivity? (What I am trying to ask is if you're frustrated with me trying to fix my software by not understanding some of your instructions?)

Gaz

Archived