Something to consider

Like many, I am experiencing really dark textures in the A330 Pro.  I know the answer is to use HDR and make sure your monitor is calibrated properly.  Here's something to consider though!  Some people are colored-blind or, like me, shade-blind.  I tried to use Calibrize per Dave's suggestion, but in order to use it, you need to be able to see colors properly.  I just can't get it right.  The cockpit remains really dark.  I tried all kinds of different HDR settings to no avail.

So, something to consider is, provide alternative textures that do not require HDR.  I'm sure there are many, many people who have purchased the A330 that are in the same boat as me.  Also, it seems like the windows have a dark tint to them too.

Just something to consider!

Yes I do.  Actually, let me respond to that question because I knew it was coming.  I basically love the way P3D 4 looks right now with my shaders.  And it looks wonderful with Aerosoft A318-21 PRO, CS 757, IFly 737 and Feelthere Ejets V. 2 and occasionally with the Aerosoft CRJ (with the textures they provided so that you don't have to use HDR).  So, if I understand where your question is leading, you want me to fly P3D4 without shaders, which will make it look terribly sub-par, just so I can have the A330's cockpit look less dark?  Why not give your customers the option of using non-HDR textures like you did with the CRJ series?  Please don't read any emotional reaction on my part into this.  It's just an honest question.  I will continue flying the A330 with the darkened interior.  I love it.  It's wonderful.  Just wish it wasn't so dark.

Archived