P3D shuts down after recent update 1.3.0.0

Bill721

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Bill721 said:

is there a way to go back to the previous version of the Airbus.  Everything was running fine prior to the update.

Sorry no, unless you have a backup of the previous installer.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, robby25451 said:

I tried it. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem for me. But I can live with my workaround.
Robert

Hello Robert,

For me it wasn't a workaround but a very simple fix:

Have a look on this path:
C:\USERNAME\ AppData\ Roaming\ Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3D v4 \SimObjects
If you see folders named like this below :
Aerosoft A32x IAE or CFM Professional
Aerosoft A31x IAE or CFM Professional

and in which there is a  [State.cfg]  file then delete those  folders that contain it.
Make a backup if it reassures you but there is no risk.

You can keep the other folders that are empty.

Of course, don't delete the folders that don't refer to the AirbusA31x-32x series.

Reccio

vor 23 Stunden , Recciosilva sagte:

If you see folders named like this below :
Aerosoft A32x IAE or CFM Professional
Aerosoft A31x IAE or CFM Professional

and in which there is a  [State.cfg]  file then delete those  folders that contain it.
Make a backup if it reassures you but there is no risk.

hallo Recciosilva,

thank you very much for your solution suggestion.
i have tried this one, but unfortunately without success.
i will therefore (have to) stick to my workaround solution.

Robert

On 1/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, robby25451 said:

Robert

I use your workaround to start the A330 (1.0.0.7) otherwise it CTDs as well. Version 1.0.0.5 was fine, did not try 1.0.0.6. Thanks for your suggestion!

On 1/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, robby25451 said:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i have tried this one, but unfortunately without success.

Robert

I'm sorry for you Robert, but the main thing is to be able to fly again !
One last suggestion, though  :

On 1/12/2020 at 7:17 PM, robby25451 said:

it seems that i have found a workaround (for me).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

instead of my previous default startscenario "A319+EDDH" i now load the p3d default scenario/setting. 
when i then select LOAD to load an old saved flight, it works without CTD.
It's funny why the problem only occurs in V 1.3, but i can live with it for now.
Robert

Keep in mind that even these  previous P3D scenarios recorded in the previous version A1x-A32x can generate CTD. 

At least for me it was.

These scenarios are  in  User\Documents\[Prepar3D Files]
These are at least 5 files per scenario with extension   [.abx] [.asc] [.fms] [.fxml] [.wx] 

Reccio

I started P3Dv4 latest today and tried to load v1.25 today but as soon as I pressed fly my sim had black screen then just went off with no error, Thought this was a problem with the bus as other addon aircraft would load so I uninstalled 1.25 and reinstalled v1.3. Still the same thing happened, I must have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 20 times but still it would CTD. Then I noticed that my Saitek throttle was not in the idle position as someone had moved all the throttles down as far as they would go, For me this would engage the reversers after landing so I moved them back to the idle position reload my sim and everything was fine no CTD,

You never know this could help someone.

Johnathon

36 minutes ago, johnathon34 said:

I started P3Dv4 latest today and tried to load v1.25 today but as soon as I pressed fly my sim had black screen then just went off with no error, Thought this was a problem with the bus as other addon aircraft would load so I uninstalled 1.25 and reinstalled v1.3. Still the same thing happened, I must have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 20 times but still it would CTD. Then I noticed that my Saitek throttle was not in the idle position as someone had moved all the throttles down as far as they would go, For me this would engage the reversers after landing so I moved them back to the idle position reload my sim and everything was fine no CTD,

You never know this could help someone.

Johnathon

Hello Johnathon ,

Whenever you have a CTD it's really helpful to know what caused it and report it here.   You can pull this info from the Windows Event Viewer or use the AppCrashView application (which makes things really easy).

Best wishes.

On 24.1.2020 at 14:51, Recciosilva sagte:

Keep in mind that even these  previous P3D scenarios recorded in the previous version A1x-A32x can generate CTD. 

At least for me it was.

These scenarios are  in  User\Documents\[Prepar3D Files]
These are at least 5 files per scenario with extension   [.abx] [.asc] [.fms] [.fxml] [.wx] 

hello reccio,

thank you. I'll try it next time.

Robert

• 1 year later...

Archived