P3D shuts down after recent update 1.3.0.0

Bill721

For me, the P3D crashes anyway.
The only thing that helps me is if I delete the "SITUATION ..." in the Prepar3D.cfg under [USERINTERFACE]. Then the P3D works perfectly even with saved situations.
Translated by google

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CheapCharlie said:

For the people who are having problems with P3D shutting down, random CTD with the new Airbus 1.3.0 update, I ran into the same issues, but have  found the solution.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Apparently, P3D 4.5 Hotfix 2 has several changes under the hood that make it incompatible with the older shader files and cfg.  Aircraft like the AS Bus 1.3 and NGXu that are complied using the 4.5 SDK make these incompatibilities worse and cause stability issues.  Older aircraft compiled with the P3d 4.0 SDK show none of these issues/instabilities.          

I'm sorry, but I must disagree completely with this assessment.

First of all because most of  Airbus pro users have been running P3DV4.5HF2 for a long time and I notably with Airbus A320-21 pro v 1.2.5.0. + A330 pro 1.0.0.0.  which were loading perfectly from the beginning.

The standard and experimental versions that followed are only there to improve and update these 2 versions.

The problem occurred only after the almost simultaneous updates of A3xx v 1.3.0.0 and A330 ev 1.0.0.6 and their joint installation in P3DV4.5HF2.

The usual actions to  delete  the shaders, reset the P3D.cfg, update the graphic card driver, repair or update MS.Net Framework, update MS-Visual Studio C++, 
and so on are only useful for a global malfunction of P3DV4. Here it is not the case at all.

The issue is in my opinion much less serious: 
P3DV4.5HF2 doesn't detect Airbus Aircraft when installed in A32x v1300 and A330 ve 1006 and therefore can't load any scenario with these aicrafts anymore.
This situation invariably leads to the P3DV4 crash.

I just found out the evidence despite myself.:

I've decided to do a complete reinstallation of P3DV4.5HF2.
So I also removed all the aircrafts addons or sceneries.
Then reinstallation and even reactivation by setup v 4.5.13.32097 of P3DV4.5HF2 without any aircraft or scenery addon 
Launching P3DV4 which opens normally with its startup window.

And there big surprise the default aircraft F22 doesn't appear but the default Eglin scenery is clearly displayed. 
Then comes the crash of P3DV4 exactly as when Airbus v1300 and v 1006 were installed.
Isn't that strange?

I'll stop here and if you're interested you'll know why P3DV4 crashed again without Airbus aircraft installed.

vor 3 Stunden , Recciosilva sagte:

The problem occurred only after the almost simultaneous updates of A3xx v 1.3.0.0 and A330 ev 1.0.0.6 and their joint installation in P3DV4.5HF2.

i fully agree with the content of your forum entry.
but i have found that it is sufficient to install version 1.3. of the a319/318 (i have not installed the A330).

Robert

16 hours ago, robby25451 said:

but i have found that it is sufficient to install version 1.3. of the a319/318 (i have not installed the A330).

Robert

I full agree so,

But as I have been installing the A320-21 and A330 together since the beginning, I preferred to stay on this basis of investigation.
What is sure is that the problem exists with at least the A3xx pro v 1.3.0.0.
I'll check if the A330 ev 1.0.0.6 installed alone doesn't also cause this issue.

And the reason why P3DV4 crashed again while I had no Airbus Aircraft installed:

I realized that I had uninstalled all the Aircraft addons but I had completely forgotten to delete some confguration files of  A320-21 and A330 still present in path :
C:\.... \ User\ AppData\ Local \Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3D v4 
 and  : C:\ ....\User\ AppData\Roaming\ Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3D v4 

This shows that a simple file (when the installation folder no longer exists) succeeds to cause the crash of P3DV4.
Once these residual files were deleted P3DV4 worked quite normally with the default aircraft  F22 and the default Eglin scenery.

I think that the Aerosoft support team now have enough to fix this issue which, again,is in my opinion not as serious as it seems.

And I can't wait to fly those two wonderful addons again.

Reccio

• Deputy Sheriffs

And which are these files you deleted?

None of the Installer puts any files there.

They only files/folder which contains soimething like "Aerosoft" in its name are located under:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\

And these folders might contain a file named state.cfg. But these folders and the file are NOT generated/installed by Aerosoft but by LM.

And the file state.cfg contains something like engine hours and is generated when you load an airraft.

When v.1.3.0.0 for the A31x/A32x became available, I uninstalled all my buses, deleted all existing folders (like the Buses had never been installed before), installed

- A318/A319

- A320/A321

- A330

no problems at all.

Now I created 2 scenarios by loading and saving

- A330 at EDDM (from T2G)

- A319CFM at EDMO (default)

And I can load both scenarios from Scenario Startup Screen (cominf up with the P3D default scenario) without any problems, crashes or whatever.

And btw. those files generated by LM are still present and do not cause any problem.

On 9.1.2020 at 11:58, Balu1968 sagte:

The only thing that helps me is if I delete the "SITUATION ..." in the Prepar3D.cfg under [USERINTERFACE]. Then the P3D works perfectly even with saved situations.

I tried it, but without success.

Robert

Mopperle, since you are working fine maybe you can help.  What location did you install the Airbus in when ask during installation?  What files / folders do I need to ensure are deleted during the uninstall?  I can try to reinstall the same way and see if it works for me.  Presently I installed in the c:/addon folder.

Thank you,

Bill

5 hours ago, mopperle said:

And which are these files you deleted?

None of the Installer puts any files there.

They only files/folder which contains soimething like "Aerosoft" in its name are located under:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\

And these folders might contain a file named state.cfg. But these folders and the file are NOT generated/installed by Aerosoft but by LM.

I remember that these were indeed the folders still remaining in :

C:\USERNAME\ AppData\ Roaming\ Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3D v4 \SimObjects
These folders were named:
Aerosoft A32x CFM Professional
Aerosoft A32x IAE Professional
Aerosoft A333 RR Professional

These folders contained, as you pointed out, [state.cfg] file.
Unfortunately like an idiot I forgot to make a backup before deleting them.

That said, the difference between your configuration and mine is that you uninstalled all your buses and installed the new versions that worked without any problem.
I did that too, but since it didn't work (and I'm not the only one apparently) I'm now in a situation of full reinstallation of P3DV4.5HF2.

Thus as P3DV4 is working normally again I have just started the installation of a single aircraft, the A320-21 pro v1.3.0.0, as a precautionary measure.

I'm at the step where it's installed (without RAASPRO). 
I have started P3DV4 and A321 with Airbus Industries liveries loaded with Eglin ruway 19 scenario. It  works fine ! 

If P3DV4 had been working normally from the start then I would say it was my previous installation or configuration of P3DV4 which was wrong,

but as it could only be done by deleting these files I still have serious doubts.

This is the reason why at the time of this new installation I record gradually all the files created or modified during this installation.
I am at the step where the Aerosoft A321 CFM Professional folder has been created and it contains the file [ state.cfg]. 
I specify that I still have by default the F22 aircraft and the Eglin runway 19 scenario.

So I continue this installation by putting the A321 as default aircraft.

Thanks for your help

• Deputy Sheriffs

I created a folder especially for those addons supporting the add-on.xml methode. Means you can install those addons where ever you want.

9 minutes ago, Bill721 said:

Presently I installed in the c:/addon folder.

That's absolutely fine.

The installer then makes an entry in the file C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg, so that P3D is aware of the addon.

Files are installed at the following location:

• in the folder you pointed the installer to, in your case c:\addon
  • in the Documents folder. There is an "Aerosoft" folder and below the folder is a "General" folder and within this folder are various "A3xx..." folders. These folders contain generic files, like the flighplans, Navdata etc., used by all Buses.
  • fonts in the Windows Fonts folder

That's it. Nowhere else are files installed, not even in the Windows registry.

So, if you uninstall all Buses, there should be no files/folders under (in your case) C:\addon. Also you can safely delete all the A3xx folders under documents\Aerosoft\General. Maybe you make a backup of your flightplan folder.

Also it is very important, that your Documents folder is in no way linked Microsoft Onedrive!

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Recciosilva said:

I am at the stage where the Aerosoft A321 CFM Professional folder has been created and it contains the file [ state.cfg]. 

And this folder and the state.cfg is created by Prepar3D.

And let me add something more.

The whole Scenario function seems to be buggy since the last release of P3D. E.g. when I load a scenario made at daytime, it loads at night 8hrs back wich is AFAIK the time zone for Eglin. At least this bug is known. Maybe there are others, depending on unknown contexts on individual systems causing the problems some of you have.

Do these Folders belong?  I have the following in C:\Users\netor\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

aerosoft - A318-A319 Professional - PREPAR3D V4.x

aerosoft - A320-A321 Professional - PREPAR3D V4.x

aerosoft - Updater

They seem to just be pointers for the start menu items.

I don't have any strange files so still not sure what the issue is.

The Airbus runs fine if I start P3D and use a different plane and then load the Airbus.  I just can't start P3d when selecting the Airbus.

As there seem to be issues like CTDs with the new 1.3.0.0 update I am very hesitant to deinstall my current A320 version as everything is running perfectly fine.

Isn't there a way to include all the changes in the Aerosoft Updater? Why is it necessary to deinstall and re-install a whole new version?

The 1.3.0.0. update of the Airbus A318- ->21 pro  series is a Standard version. 
The Aerosoft updater utility, which is really useful, allows you to quickly install "Experimental" versions of an Aerosoft product for users who wish to test these versions during development (a bit like beta testing).

For example currently the A330 pro is released in standard version 1.0.0.0 and its latest experimental version is v 1.0.0.6.

As for the issues of  A318- ->A321 series standard version 1.3.0.0 ,  it seems to affect a small part of the users of which I unfortunately was one. 

But as I reported in my previous post my A320-21 v 1.3.0.0 version now works perfectly and even with the experimental 1.0.0.6 version of the A330 installed with P3DV4.5-HF2.

So I think that the search track of the A3xx [state.cfg] files kept by the previous A3xx version is a good track since it totally solved my issue with Mopperle's help .@mopperle

However, I continue to check that this solution is stable in particular by regularly placing the Airbus aircraft as default aircraft in P3DV4.

I guess I'm the only one that is still having issues.

Bill

Addons
RealAir Duke and Duke Turbine 
PMDG 737 and NGXu
Aerosoft Airbus Professional 64bit
Aerosoft CRJ
Kodiak Quest 
A2A C182 
GLJ Model 25 Jet 
FSUIPC5 
F1TGTN 
Turbine Sound Studio  both 600 and 800
immersive Audio NGX
ActiveSky P3D and Cloud art
FSDreamteam GSX V2
FSDreamteam Memphis 
Navigraph
Littlenavmap 
ORBX lots of areas
TOGO Envshade and Envtex 
New York City X ver 2 
New York Airports V2 X (KJFK, KLGA, KTEB) 
Little Rock airport
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - SEATTLE AIRPORTS X
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - SEATTLE CITY X
Flightbeam KSFO
Ultimate Traffic Live 

System
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) 300 Series Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard 
Intel Core i7-8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Desktop Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2   11GB GDDR5X Graphics card
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB  DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 
Intel SSD 600p Series (1.0TB, M.2 2280 80mm NVMe PCIe 
WD Black 1TB Performance HD
WD Blue 4TB Hard Drive 
Windows 10 Pro 32-bit/64-bit 
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case
Alienware - AW2518H 25" LED FHD GSync Monitor
MasterLiquid 120 All-in-one CPU Liquid Cooler
EVGA SuperNOVA 750  80+ GOLD, 750W  PS
LITE-ON DVD Burner Black SATA
ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA

it seems that i have found a workaround (for me).

i deleted the prepar3d.cfg once again.

then i restarted p3d and restored all individual settings.

instead of my previous default startscenario "A319+EDDH" i now load the p3d default scenario/setting. 
when i then select LOAD to load an old saved flight, it works without CTD.
It's funny why the problem only occurs in V 1.3, but i can live with it for now.
Robert

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have seen hundreds of issues with client only updates

I  am SOOOOO happy to see you write that Boss.  When it comes to P3Dv4.5, I think you and I are the only ones in all of flight sim who recommend installing all three P3D components and not just the client. I think it was okay to do install the Client only with earlier versions, but with 4.5 it seems important to update all three components, especially if you have products that use the latest P3Dv.4.5 compilers, PBR, etc.

In relation to the issue under review here, let me point out that  partial or full reinstallation of P3DV4 :
1- Was completely useless
2- And anyway would not have solved anything without having deleted the installation files of  A318-21 previous version.

Cheers

Reccio 

Problem for me was solved by reinstalling the Bus without RAAS.

I have seen this before on updates.

Don't forget to delete both the bus and Raas before reinstalling.

Dave J

Archived