Landing lights illuminate Virtual Cockpit

Hi All,

I have a problem where both the left and right landing lights illuminate the interior of the VC, please see attached screenshots I took showing the "before-after" situation.

CRJ version is 2.0.0.2, P3D is the latest version as well (4.5.13.32097).

Could this be related to some setting in the sim? The CRJ is the only aircraft where I experience this kind of problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Krgds,

Mike

Please login to display this image.

Did you do any modification to the effects or light in your simulator?

Normally this issue shoudln't happen, however it can happen if the size of your lightbeams has been increased since then they are no longer shining next to your cockpit, but into it.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:55 AM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Did you do any modification to the effects or light in your simulator?

Normally this issue shoudln't happen, however it can happen if the size of your lightbeams has been increased since then they are no longer shining next to your cockpit, but into it.

Not that I would know, cannot guarantee thought that another addon might have overwritten something. Which ´file(s) would I need to check?

Thanks,

Mike

Back here!

I just tested all CRJ VCs and not noticed the landing lights issue in any case. In fact, as the landing lights not cast any shadows, the cone size and orientation had to be carefully selected to avoid any interaction with the cockpit.

So technically it should not be possible that something like this occurs.

But we are still investigation the issue further and will post the results here...

The files need to check would be:

fx_ASCRJ_LANDING.fx

I attached a copy of the version I used for my current testing.

It belongs into the main addon folders - Effects - section.

Also make sure a similar file doesnt exist in the Prepar3D main folders EFFECTS section from a former CRJ installation to be sure, the right version is accessed.

Normally with the new folder structure the data should be only accessed via the separate addon folder, but one should exclude all other possibilities too...

fx_ASCRJ_LANDING.fx

Thank you, Stefan, for taking care of this. 
Sometimes you need food for thought.

I assumed that the landing lights were part of the model and not an effects file.

This is another one of those things that's hard to understand.

I installed both the CRJPro (installed outside P3D) and the CRJX (P3D/Ecosystem, for beta testing) and in fact the P3D/Effects folder contains the fx-ASCRJ_Landing.fx file.
I deactivated this once and was pleased to see that the lighting problem in the CRJPro has now disappeared!

The strange thing is, that the old CRJX still has landing lights despite the deactivation of the effects file 🙂

So I deactivated the fx-ASCRJ_Landing.fx from the CRJPro effects folder for test reasons and now the landing lights of the CRJX were also off.

Both variants of the CRJ are installed in completely different folders and you should think that they cannot influence each other.

This means that anyone who had the old CRJX but now switched to the CRJPro can delete/deactivate this file in the P3D/Effects folder in case of a problem.

Wolfgang

Thanks Stefan, it seems like there were indeed some leftover fx files from the "old" CRJ in the main P3D Effects folder, once I removed those the landing lights did not illuminate the cockpit anymore!

Topic closed for me

Mike

Archived