A330 EFB Options - Disabling

VAFPilot

Does anyone know how to disable the EFB (Electronic Flight Bag)?

I know a lot of people like it but I find it extremely distracting and would like to remove it. I've scanned the included documents and a search of the forums did not locate this question.

A lot of people do in fact really like the EFB, but I'm with you, I don't care for it one bit.

Unfortunately, I believe the EFB was added to the model itself. I'm not completely sure about this, but it sure seems this way.

You can however disable the screen and associated functions and processes by doing the following:

NOTE:  This is NOT how the Airbus is intended to function, so do this at your own risk.

1.  In the Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\

Rename the "WebSimGauge" folder to WebSimGauge.off

2. If your main P3D folder, change the WebSimBrowser folder to WebSimBrowser.off

Best wishes.

Thanks, Dave.

I'm a bit surprised there is no option to disable it. I honestly wish the views for the A330 would be setup the same way as the A318-A321 series or at least be able to save custom views to the viewbar. I have no idea if that could be done or what's involved but it would be a nice feature on all of the Airbus models.

I digress. Anyway, the A330 is a great airframe and last month alone I wracked up over 60 hours on it alone and the few other hours were the smaller Bus'. My Boeing aircraft have seen a sharp decline in use and it will probably stay that way for the forseeable future. Aerosoft did a great job on the Bus series (I've been converted): I just wish this EFB had the option to be turned off as some other developers have done.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I might give that a go but in the meantime: did you try your solution? If so, did it work? Did it affect aircraft performace?

Sorry for so many questions.

• Aerosoft

As far as I am aware the viewbar in the A330 and the smaller busses offer exactly the same options.

As the EFB is in almost every modern aircraft we felt making it optional would not be a correct option. I am sorry you disagree. However I do not really see the issue, if you don't use it is just an object in the VC. 

Hello, Mathijs:

I think it's fine we disagree. The issue for me is I find it distracting and I had assumed based on flying with some friends in the real world that the EFB was portable and not a permanent fixture. Therefore I thought it would be nice to have the option in the A330 to have it viewable or not.

I currently have a mounting stand for my tablet which I use as an EFB and that's why I don't see a need for it in the VC in my case. I was hoping the EFB might have the option for Enable/Disable in future updates.

Kind regards,

Will

Archived