ASC sounds

Love_Aviation

Hello

I find that the Avionics sounds when you power up the airplane is unrealistic as well as overhead button clicking sound. I tried copying from the FSX Aerosoft 320 ASC folder to the P3D Airbus 330 ASC folder but the sounds do not work for some reason. I overwrite them and when i power on the plane the sounds are completely muted and not working. Is there any reason why its not working since all the Aerosoft ASC sounds are .wav sounds and technically should be working. The attached sounds are the ones I am copying  from the FSX Aerosoft 320 since they sound more realistic. 

Thank you

I'm told our sounds were recorded on the actual aircraft, and that they may be different than the A320 is understandable because the switches themselves could (I don't know this for sure) be different or the panel they are mounted almost certainly could be thicker or have different material could be involved in it's construction but it's also larger/wider than the A320 and that along with the flight deck being a great deal larger on the A330 than the A320 all makes a difference in the sound propagation.  I actually have professional training and experience with sound propagation and analytics, so I'm very sure of what I'm sharing with you.

Regarding the overhead panel and flight deck size comparison, think of things this way.  If you put your cell phone on speaker in your car, you may find that it sounds a little different than if you do this in say your living room, and different yet again if you listen to the same sound in an empty basketball arena, an arena full of people, or outdoors.  This effect is called "damping", and though scientifically it is very complicated, hearing it ourselves makes it easy to understand.  So basically, the area in which the sound is played will affect how it sounds to the human ear and to a microphone that is recording it.

That said, if you want to change the sounds them I'll certainly all for it!  Customizing things is something that makes flight sim great as far as I'm concerned.  It is not something we support however, because that becomes product modification.  As to why the A320 FSX sound are not working for you, I compared the amplitude of the sounds that you provided and the ones used in the A330 and though they are the same name, there is a major difference in amplitude of the two different files. Sound in P3D are not just based on the file itself, but also the values set in the ASCLS and ASC.xml files.  A good place to understand this better is the Sound SDK area of the Prepared website LINK 1 and LINK 2.

I hope I've answered your question, and I wish you the very best!

50 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm told our sounds were recorded on the actual aircraft, and that they may be different than the A320 is understandable because the switches themselves could (I don't know this for sure) be different or the panel they are mounted almost certainly could be thicker or have different material could be involved in it's construction but it's also larger/wider than the A320 and that along with the flight deck being a great deal larger on the A330 than the A320 all makes a difference in the sound propagation.  I actually have professional training and experience with sound propagation and analytics, so I'm very sure of what I'm sharing with you.

Regarding the overhead panel and flight deck size comparison, think of things this way.  If you put your cell phone on speaker in your car, you may find that it sounds a little different than if you do this in say your living room, and different yet again if you listen to the same sound in an empty basketball arena, an arena full of people, or outdoors.  This effect is called "damping", and though scientifically it is very complicated, hearing it ourselves makes it easy to understand.  So basically, the area in which the sound is played will affect how it sounds to the human ear and to a microphone that is recording it.

That said, if you want to change the sounds them I'll certainly all for it!  Customizing things is something that makes flight sim great as far as I'm concerned.  It is not something we support however, because that becomes product modification.  As to why the A320 FSX sound are not working for you, I compared the amplitude of the sounds that you provided and the ones used in the A330 and though they are the same name, there is a major difference in amplitude of the two different files. Sound in P3D are not just based on the file itself, but also the values set in the ASCLS and ASC.xml files.  A good place to understand this better is the Sound SDK area of the Prepared website LINK 1 and LINK 2.

I hope I've answered your question, and I wish you the very best!

Thank you very much for clarification. Is there a way to convert the FSX sound files to p3d. I really like the ones i used in FSX. 

2 minutes ago, Love_Aviation said:

Thank you very much for clarification. Is there a way to convert the FSX sound files to p3d. I really like the ones i used in FSX. 

The sound files are both WAV files, so there is not need to convert them.  I have to believe it's in the programming itself (the two files I mentioned earlier).

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The sound files are both WAV files, so there is not need to convert them.  I have to believe it's in the programming itself (the two files I mentioned earlier).

Oh Ok. Thank you again. 

Archived