IMPORTANT - Use of GSX and the CHECKLIST

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are several threads about this issue lately and that the BEFORE ENGINE START checklist does not start anymore after updating to 1.0.0.4. This a coincidence because GSX updated its pushback function nearly at the same time. As we did not change anything at that time the reason for this issue is the GSX update only. We are investigating it currently but it is hard to reproduce the issue. Also the FSDT developers as well as our developer, who created the GSX immersion, are still on vacation. 

Also various different procedures are used which do not follow that one which originally was our intention when we designed the GSX integration. For the time being I therefore strongly suggest to only use the following procedure in connection with GSX and the use of our checklist function:

1. Run the COCKPIT PREPARATION checklist
  2. When the checklist has been completed and the message appears "CLOSE DOORS" or "USE GSX PUSHBACK" manually close all doors using the MCDU3 DOOR menu. Check if all doors are closed! Do not use GSX at the moment to automatically close the doors!
  3. After all doors are closed automatically the BEFORE ENGINE START will start.
  4. Then remove all jetways / stairs attached to the plane via the GSX menu.
  5. After that start the GSX Pushback function......!
  6. If you do not want to use the GSX Pushback but the built-in MCDU3 pushback function prior to 1. you have to disable in the MCDU3 GROUNSERVICES menu the GSX option.
  7. It is also not possible if the Checklist function is used to use the seperate MCDU3 pushback function only. You just have to wait until the BEFORE ENGINE START CL has been completed and on the INFOBAR the message appears to select  between "With or without pushback"!

Using this procedure there should be no problems in respect to the BEFORE ENGINE START CL. As soon as another solution is available e. g. using GSX functions to automatically close the doors we will let you know.

• Hanse pinned this topic

Hanse,  doesn't work for me on the A330,   I close the doors manually,  check to make sure they are closed (which they are) and nothing happens after that.

Your assessment is correct the checklist stopped working at the .4 release.

Hanse,

Unfortunately, It is not working as you have posted with 1.0.0.6.  I have followed all instructions to the letter and as soon as I use MCDU3 to close the doors, the checklist stops.  It does not continue.  I even waited 5 minutes based on the post regarding the change in GSX2 and interactions (I believe Mathijs posted it).

I had mentioned in another thread about the slowness of the arming of the slides.  However, I am wondering now if the issue may be related to "Load Instant" under Load and Fuel in MCDU3.  The reason this crossed my mind is when "Load Instant" is used, there is a slight bump and change to the aircraft as the weight is loaded.  I thought that maybe that "bump" may be triggering something accidently within the checklist flow.  So I did a test.  

Instead of using my typical sequence of "Init Loadsheet" then "Load Instant",  I used the sequence of Init Loadsheet, then opened the doors and did all the normal loading through GSX, including fuel.  Once I got the GSX message that boarding was complete, I closed all the cargo doors and then the main door only using MCDU3.  Once the main door closed, the checklist immediately continued.

I have tried again two more times: once using Load Instant and once without.  Using Load Instant, once I received the info message "CLOSE DOORS" or "USE GSX PUSHBACK" I manually closed the main using the MCDU3 DOOR menu and the checklist stopped.  However, when I did not use Load Instant and loaded normally through GSX (fuel, cargo, pax), the checklist continues after I close the main door with no issues.

Also, for all of these startups, I always use the default Cold and Dark.

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 3.1.2020 at 18:45, dron960 sagte:

CL after upgrading to 1.0.0.6 does not work

This is just a general statement which does not help us to solve a maybe existing problem. The question is: Did you follow exactly the procedure explained on the top of this thread? Did you try to close the doors manually? Was boarding px and loading finished e.g. the MCDU status was "steady" green? Etc.

morning all. i too have a checklist issue. i start in turnaround state. i then open mcdu 3 and init my load. i press load instant. values populate. i then do cockpit prep cl. when complete i go to the pf mcdu and enter the values ci etc. i enter the block fuel .go back to the first page and req the winds. i update the wind for the flight phases. i closee the doors cargo first the pax 2 and 1 doors. then nothing. i tried to open the pax door and reclose and nothing happens. went to gsx menu and operated the jetway, reopened the door closed the door and still nothing. i ask gsx for the push back the tug comes but then nothing. never got the ribbon on top of the screen to follow gsx instructions. thanks for you time and efforts, regards, Steve, the old fart.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It seems to me that like some other users you have trouble to start the BEFORE ENGINE START CL. After you completed the COCKPIT PREP CL there should be a massage on the INFOBAR that you should close DOORS or START GSX PB procedure. Did you get that message? If not then something is wrong with your COCKPIT PREP CL - you can check this if there is SKIP ITEM on the MCDU3 CHECKLIST menu available e.g. some settings are missing. Please try again and remember currently do not use GSX to close the doors but do it manually.

Regards,

Rolf

Sorry if I'm repeating what you know, but my a319 seems to be doing similar things:

1. Start session from fresh, no electric
  2. Start the 2 middle batteries and comms
  3. I enter my destination in mcdu LOADSHEET , and request fuel
  4. While being fuelled, in CHECKLISTS, I tell the system to do it itself, but to speed it up I do some functions myself, such as engaging brakes, lights, etc. I never get a problem here; the checklist is finished 
  5. When the checklist is done, and the fueling is complete, I use GSX to load catering
  6. I then go to Shft+2, in order to tell the aircraft its destination, departure runway, etc
  7. When the catering is done, I load passengers & cargo
  8. When done, I get told by the cabin crew that we're ready for the next checklist, except this is where I clearly have problems:
  • 8.1 the cargo light in MCDU3 continues to flash, but it stops getting in the cargo, so it can never say that its ready to go. Its cargo LOADED isn't enough given what was entered into the MCDU . 
  • I believe for this reason, I don't get the Copilot to start the departure (pushback procedure)
  • when I PAUSE P3D, the figure in the cargo loaded go up to what it should do (in the flight document). Releasing the PAUSE, set it back down to too low, and I can't do anything.
  • the button saying to load everything in Shft+4 immediately does not work

I'm stuck, unless I follow your instructions at the being of this thread. 

I have to say that if I follow your instructions at the top of this thread, it seems to be something with the doors and / or fuel, and when I stick to follow your instructions, it works. 

Sorry if you knew all this. 

Good afternoon. i was  just able to finish a flight it appears to be a gsx thing. it all happened after a gsx update. i had gsx enabled. when i load instant the boarding stays grey. and that i think is why the checklist stops. for this flight i let gsx do the fueling and boarding. when done all portions are green. the checklist resumes as normal. i then can proceed with a normal flight. thank you Rolf.  regards Steve, the old fart

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gaz,

why asking the same question in several threads? We are working on it ..... so please be patient!

Regards,

Rolf

Same problem, though it occured without me having updated anything manually (I usually ignore FSDT updates for a while). I don't know if GSX does anything automatically.

The workaround is to start the engines without checklist and copilot, do the after start flows, then select the taxi aircraft state, reload the loadsheet with instant, check baro ref, squawk and the PERF page (I got Vspeeds in the 240s and had to reenter the flap config). Rest of the flight should be fine.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Meese,

if you are on 1.0.0.6 there is only one thing you should do yourself (and not by GSX function) and that is manaually closing the doors! The rest works fine.....

Regards,

Rolf

Should being the operative word. I tried everything bar verbally convincing my virtual copilot to continue, but continue they didn't.

(Pardon my double posting, keeping further posts in this thread)

• Deputy Sheriffs

A new update 1.0.0.7 is available now which regarding the checklist and copilot solves the following issues:

• BEFORE ENGINE START CL: Starting issue in connection with GSX closing doors - solved -
  • ECAM PAGES: Manually selected by CL are now reset to standard when next CL item is called
  • CHRONO FO: Set ON when takeoff thrust is set and stopped after landing
  • VC LIGHTS: When C&D as well as TO state is used VC-lights are automatically set to "flight" when TAXI CL is started
  • LANDING LIGHTS: Were not really ON after descending below 10k feet even that OVHD switch was ON - solved  
  • BEFORE TAKEOFF - Landing Lights are now automatically switched on when plane enters the departure runway.

I therefore will close this topic and ask you if there are still " checklist issues" to open a new thread.

Regards,

Rolf

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived