Elevator issue with Baby Buses

Greetings!

I just updated to v1.3.0.0 of the "Baby Bus" family. I was hoping it would solve an issue I've had with previous versions. When doing my flight control checks for the elevators the indicator in the PFD moves up and down, but the elevator indicators in the lower MFD will show upward movement, but not downward. They do not go past the neutral line. In exterior view the elevators appear to be deflected downward several degrees during all phases of flight. The aircraft does fly normally, though.

When I installed the latest version (as per the instructions, uninstalled the old version first, rebooted before loading the new version) and loaded an A320 all appeared to be normal with the elevators, but as soon as I did a control check things went back to as described above.

I do not have this problem with any other of my numerous add-on aircraft, including the Aerosoft A330-300.

If anyone has any suggestions I sure would like to hear them.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Mathjis and Happy New Year to the team and yourself!

Thank you for the reply. I know of at least one other person who has this problem as well. He replied to a post I posted about it at Avsim about it. In addition to the elevators being deflected downwards several degrees, he was experiencing the speed brakes also being slightly extended.

In FSX-SE and early P3Dv4 I did not have an issue with the elevators. It appeared after one of the updates of the 'Buses. I'm hoping when the Baby Buses are updated to the standard of the A330 the bug will disappear.

I realize this bug is a rarity and I appreciate you passing it on to the bug trackers.

Cheers!

Scott

On 1/4/2020 at 1:09 AM, Flugkapitan said:

Hi Mathjis and Happy New Year to the team and yourself!

Thank you for the reply. I know of at least one other person who has this problem as well. He replied to a post I posted about it at Avsim about it. In addition to the elevators being deflected downwards several degrees, he was experiencing the speed brakes also being slightly extended.

In FSX-SE and early P3Dv4 I did not have an issue with the elevators. It appeared after one of the updates of the 'Buses. I'm hoping when the Baby Buses are updated to the standard of the A330 the bug will disappear.

I realize this bug is a rarity and I appreciate you passing it on to the bug trackers.

Cheers!

Scott

Hi Scott

When you are having this issue is the aircraft flying normally during manual flight or only when using the autopilot?

Markus

Hi Markus,

The aircraft flies normally whether on autopilot or hand-flying it. In both regimes of flight the elevators in external view are deflected downwards several degrees in while in level  flight (or sitting on the tarmac and/or taxiing).

Regards,

Scott

1 hour ago, Flugkapitan said:

Hi Markus,

The aircraft flies normally whether on autopilot or hand-flying it. In both regimes of flight the elevators in external view are deflected downwards several degrees in while in level  flight (or sitting on the tarmac and/or taxiing).

Regards,

Scott

Ok, have you tried to reinstall the "Baby bus" family?

Markus

One of our Connected Flight Deck Captains had this issue quite some time ago, but it only occurred once and he's never seen it again.

Couple things might help us track this down.

You mentioned this happened with the A320, I want to be sure it was the A320 and not the A318/A319 or A321?  Also, it's important to know which engine type you were using when this happened.  Our A318-A321 have two different engines, the CFM and IAE, and different engines require slightly different coding.  Can you let us know precisely which aircraft/engine this occurred on?

Also, can you please let us know which start up state you were using?  Cold and Dark, Turn Around, etc.?

Finally, one more thing, are you able to reproduce this problem?

Many thanks for your time, looking forward to hearing back from you!

Greetings Markus & Dave,

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times. Does not make any difference. The problem is with all of the "Baby Buses" (A318/319/320/321).  It occurs with both the CFM and IAE engines. Also have tried different aircraft loading states, that does not make a difference, either.

After the last uninstall/reinstall to 1.3.0.0, I loaded the included United A320 that has the IAE engines and the problem wasn't there immediately. If I remember correctly the aircraft loaded in the "ready to taxi" state (the default?). The problem surfaced again after I changed to "turn around" state.

Thank you for the replies!

Regards,

Scott

14 hours ago, Flugkapitan said:

Greetings Markus & Dave,

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times. Does not make any difference. The problem is with all of the "Baby Buses" (A318/319/320/321).  It occurs with both the CFM and IAE engines. Also have tried different aircraft loading states, that does not make a difference, either.

After the last uninstall/reinstall to 1.3.0.0, I loaded the included United A320 that has the IAE engines and the problem wasn't there immediately. If I remember correctly the aircraft loaded in the "ready to taxi" state (the default?). The problem surfaced again after I changed to "turn around" state.

Thank you for the replies!

Regards,

Scott

The issue could be the elevators is not being supported by any pressure. Next time you fly could you please check if thats the problem. One of the Aerosoft Connected Flight Deck Captains had the same problem and he said the issue was gone when he started rolling on the runway.

Regards

Markus

Hi Markus,

OK, I will try to check that before work this morning. That still doesn't explain the elevator controls not showing downward movement on the lower MFD & and in external view during pre-taxi flight control checks, though. 

Regards,

Scott

2 minutes ago, Flugkapitan said:

Hi Markus,

OK, I will try to check that before work this morning. That still doesn't explain the elevator controls not showing downward movement on the lower MFD & and in external view during pre-taxi flight control checks, though. 

Regards,

Scott

If you still are having issues next time you fly, will you be able to do a quick video of it and upload it here?

Regards,

Markus

Hi Markus,

Just got your message about the video. To be honest, I've never created one with P3D. However I did take some screenshots. The first is of the aircraft sitting on the ramp, "turn around state", the second is after engine start and while performing the pre-taxi flight control checks - please notice in that screenshot I have the joystick/sidestick all the way forward...it shows that on the PFD but not the elevator indicator on the lower MFD, the last shot is at level flight at 7000' MSL.

Hope these are of help.

Regards,

Scott

Please login to display this image.

That is so very intetesting!

I can get the elevators to droop before engine start but not after, and I don't believe thats correct either.

We'll talk with the devs to see what could cause this.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Flugkapitan,

I am unable to recreate this issue but your screenshot definitely looks wrong with full forward stick deflection and the elevators staying on the center. Few questions that I have to investigate this issue:

What P3D version are you using? What controller are you using? Do you have controller axis bound P3D native controller settings or through FSUIPC? Could you send some log files (zip the Data folder and send it here or to me through PM). Also, can you recreate this issue on every flight or do you get some flights where it works?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. The latest version of P3D4v5. Please note this elevator behavior also showed up in the previous version of P3D

2. My controller, Thrustmaster T.16000M is not through FSUIPC.

3. Attached is the zipper data folder for the A320/321. Please note the A318/319 exhibit the same elevator behavior.

4. This issue is present on every flight.

Regards,

Scott

Data.7z

Scott

Would you please provide a screen shot of your P3D controller Calibration settings and the Airbus Overhead panel when the aircraft is in flight and having the elevator droop issue?

Also, two things which might cause this is indtalljng eirher O3D components, C++ Redistributable or Airbus software (install or update) when your computer security is still enabled.

Many thanks.

Hi Dave & Mathijs,

I'll try to get you the screenshots as requested. As far as the Baby Bus overhead panel goes, I checked to make sure everything was "on" (no buttons lit up), as I first suspected Hydraulic issues. The elevators droop while on the ground  with the engines running as well as in flight.

I'll uninstall the Baby Buses again and this time make sure Windows Defender is deactivated before re-installation.

Hi,

Well, this morning I re-downloaded the 1.3.0.0 files and deleted the previously deleted ones. Uninstalled the Baby Buses. Temporarily de-activated Windows Defender. First extracted the 318/319 and ran the exe as administrator. After all was installed, did the same with the 320/321. I then re-activated Windows Defender and rebooted the computer.

I loaded my usual addons: Rex Textures Direct/Skyforce 3-D and ActiveSky for P3Dv4. Created a Pax/Cargo/Fuel load in the AS loader and generated the loadsheet.

Fired up P3D and loaded the United A320 at KLAS. The aircraft loaded in the "ready for takeoff" state. Did the flight control check and everything was fine. Elevators worked normally and looked normal in outside view. I then changed the aircraft state to "turn around".  Loaded my pax/cargo/fuel, started the engines. When I did the flight control check the problem was back. Elevators are drooping in spot view and full forward stick shows correctly on the PFD but once again does not show down movement on the lower MFD. This is the same as in the past: when I reinstall the aircraft and it loads with the "ready for takeoff" everything is fine. When I go to "turn around" state that's when something goes wrong.

Note: I just again loaded the aircraft in the "ready for takeoff" state. Loaded pax, etc...switched to "ready for taxi" state. Did the control check and everything was fine. Adjusted my trim to the recommended T.O. setting and then the elevator issue became apparent again.

Regards,

Scott

Attached are the screenshots.

Thanks Dave, 

I do appreciate the time that you and others have spent on this problem. I can't for the life of my figure out why only the baby buses are affected. The A330 and all the other addon aircraft in my virtual hangar do not exhibit this problem.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that when the baby buses are fully brought up to the A330 standard, the problem might resolve itself. If even that doesn't work, I may have to turn to FS Labs for my baby bus flying.

If you feel this topic has reached its end, by all means, mark it as closed.

Kind regards,

Scott

Archived