1.0.0.6 checklist update

Good Morning,   I loaded the update this morning (admin, Virus off, reboot)

Ran the in plane checklist:

The fuel pumps no longer need to be turned on at that point in the prep checklist.   Cockpit prep checklist completes properly.

The sequence still breaks after cockpit prep is completed and doors are closed.  There is no Flight attendant notification at that point about passengers on board and doors are closed,  also the before Start checklist does not start.

I then reinstalled the A330 and also the .6 update,  and got the same issue

I started a new flight with the A320 and the checklist performs properly.

• Deputy Sheriffs
  • Do you use GSX2 and is it uptodate e.g. its latest update installed?
  • Which doors were open and did you confirm looking into the MCDU3 DOOR menu that those were really closed.
  • Were there any GSX jetways attached and at which doors?
  • Did you remove the jetways before starting the GSX PB or are you just using GSX to close the doors?
  • Did you try to close the doors manually (before starting the GSX PB function) and was the result the same e.g. the BEFORE ENGINE START CL did not start?

Those calls you are mentioning have been removed with update 1.0.0.4 already because of the implemented cockpit door function. Previously the flight attendents just entered the cockpit without the pilots opening the door.  This was unrealistic!

Hello Hanse,

Yes I do have GSX2 and it is updated.   In this case though I'm using manual in plane pushback, option 1

I had all the doors open, no jetways,   I closed the doors manually and watched to make sure that they were closed.

I will try another flight later and make sure that doors are closed. (I read in another thread that the cargo doors may cause a delay)

Thank you for reminder on the messaging and notifications

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK please let me know the details of your new test. You are saying that you are using the MCDU3 Pushback and not the GSX PB Option:

• Is then the GSX PB option in the MCDU3 GroundServices menu disabled?
  • But how you could use this function - which is built into the BEFORE START CL - if it the CL is not started?
  • The MCDU3 PB Option which is available via the MCDU3 menu should only be used if the Cchecklist and Copilot function is not used.

19 minutes ago, Hanse said:

OK please let me know the details of your new test. You are saying that you are using the MCDU3 Pushback and not the GSX PB Option:

• Is then the GSX PB option in the MCDU3 GroundServices menu disabled?
  • But how you could use this function - which is built into the BEFORE START CL - if it the CL is not started?
  • The MCDU3 PB Option which is available via the MCDU3 menu should only be used if the Cchecklist and Copilot function is not used.

Yes GSX disabled

I'm not sure I follow your last two points, but I've used this in two modes,  either with GSX doing a custom pushback, or using the in plane checklist through the MCDU.

As I've mentioned given all the experience with the A320:

Cockpit prep completes

Message shown to close doors

Manually close doors in MCDU

Notifications are given and before start checklist started

info bar shows at some point 1 for pushback, 2 for no pushback

Selection 1 allows you to select distance and direction

I don't start engine's until pushback is complete and parking brake is engaged.   This stops plane from moving at zero throttle.

I have both the checklist and copilot on

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 55 Minuten, Detail50 sagte:

Notifications are given and before start checklist started

What then is your problem because 2 hours ago you stated some different.....

vor 2 Stunden , Detail50 sagte:

doors are closed,  also the before Start checklist does not start.

I'm in flight. The cruise checklist has an endless loop. Seatbelts OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF and again and again and again and again OFF OFF OFF OFF. I can't stop it. The flight is 10 hours away. I don't have to stop this flight too, do I? New Update running today.

Fabian

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 13 Stunden , Coucar79 sagte:

I'm in flight. The cruise checklist has an endless loop. Seatbelts OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF and again and again and again and again OFF OFF OFF OFF. I can't stop it. The flight is 10 hours away. I don't have to stop this flight too, do I? New Update running today.

Fabian, it seems that there is a conflict between your manual settings and what the CL / Copilot requires. In the A330 the Seatbelts are set OFF after passing 20.000 feet and set ON again during the Descend Preparation CL..... 

Rolf

There was a FSDT update available this morning so I did it just on the chance something changed.   I ran through the checklist process again, thinking there might have been a change, but same results as every flight where checklist breaks at Before start which never comes on.   I've included a number of screen shots,  this is pretty annoying at this point.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks Hanse,   I know your working this hard.   I've read that before and I think I followed it to the letter of your instructions,  the screen shots should support that.   I don't use GSX at the moment for door closure,  it is turned off in the MCDU and I close the doors manually.   For me at this point it still doesn't work.

If there is something else that can be tried let me know and I will do it.

TY

Ray

vor 4 Stunden , Hanse sagte:

Fabian, it seems that there is a conflict between your manual settings and what the CL / Copilot requires. In the A330 the Seatbelts are set OFF after passing 20.000 feet and set ON again during the Descend Preparation CL..... 

Rolf

Similar issue here. At 10000 feet, I try to turn the lights off but the switch goes right back and says "on" I cannot turn the lights off.

Seatbelts at 20.000 feet I turn them off and the pilot goes "off, off....." in a loop.

4 hours ago, marvic said:

Have you tried to set the chocks and turn off the park brake before you close the last door?  That works for me.

The cockpit prep list asks to have the parking brake set,   so I'm not doing anything beyond that as that is what I have always down.   So your saying turn it back off after checklist finishes that check?  The chocks are already set by default.

I just finished a flight after updating  to 1.0.0.6 and all checklist functions are working properly. With 1.0.0.5 it was not.  I had EZDOK V3 errors and only noticed them after the new update. Not sure if that had any bearing on the issue.

Well, the checklist stopped again, no "before start checklist". Doors were closed, what I did to start it again, I clicked on init LOADSHEET and clicked on load fuel. the check list started.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It seems to me - based on your information that after using INIT LOADSHEET and fueling the CL started - that BOARDING PAX and LOADING CARGO were not yet finished e. g. the status was not green (no more blinking), white or orange. This is also  (like closed doors) one of the  preconditions to start the BEFORE ENGINE START CL e. g. BOARDING PAX and LOADING CARGO is no longer in process.

Regards,

Rolf 

Hi Rolf, there was no blinking light(s).  the cargo and passenger were greyed out and the fuel was a solid green. which is odd considering the fuel was loaded first.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 10 Stunden , marvic sagte:

the cargo and passenger were greyed out

This means that the doors were not open....... Please try again e. g.

• Load the plane p. e. in the TURNAROUNS STATE (the main doors are open).
  • Then INIT LOADSHEET or manually enter the to be loaded figures
  • Use GSX or LSK1-3R or INSTANT LOAD LSK4R
  • When the green blinking stops the loading process is finished
  • Start the COCKPIT PREP CL
  • etc........

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 21 Stunden , Detail50 sagte:

Is there going to be a fix for the checklist issue that started in 1.0.0.4?   Can you please give us an update as to where we are at?

The only "open" problem is that not all doors (FWD2 LEFT) are automatically closed using GSX.  So for the time being just close all doors manually. The responsible developer is still on vacation and we hope to have this issue solved maybe next week.

Regards,

Rolf

2 hours ago, Hanse said:

The only "open" problem is that not all doors (FWD2 LEFT) are automatically closed using GSX.  So for the time being just close all doors manually. The responsible developer is still on vacation and we hope to have this issue solved maybe next week.

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you for the response,  but I don't use GSX and when I close the doors manually as I have written several times including screen shots the before start checklist does not start.   This problem was not present before the 1.0.0.4 update,  but now it happens every attempt to make a flight.  I guess at this point my concern is that the previous correct behavior isn't going to be restored and I'm left with the problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No you are not left alone with the problem..... but it is not possible for me to reproduce! After you closed the doors - and the CL does not start - please send me a screenshot of your MCDU3 LOAD-FUEL menu...... Maybe the problem is there!

Regards,

Rolf

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived