Start of BEFORE START CL after 1.0.0.6

First of all - Happy New Year to you all!

I really enjoy the A330 right now. But unfortunatly I struggle with the Checklist ON and CoPilot On functions.

I would like to use both. I use GSX2

After I got the Close the doors Message in MCDU3, nothing seems to happen. Following steps I did perform:

• Prepared my Flight via SimBrief and set the Fuel in the Loadsheet incl. Start - Destination and so on
  • Startet a flight in P3D EDDM on Ext.Power 
  • Prepared the MCDU 1 (Loaded the Flightplan atc.)
  • Docked the Gate via GSX Menu (doors whre already open by default)
  • Loaded the Loadsheet via MCDU3 by "Instant load" (have set GSX also to "Yes in that MCDU prior /so by default)
  • Then selected Checklist "on" in MCDU 3
  • Then selected CoPilot On in MCDU 3
  • Then a tone appeared and I clicked "Cockpit Preperation"
  • All went well untill the message "Close doors". othing happend from here.
  • So I decided to call Pushback via GSX menu
  • Doors closed automaticly
  • Gate undocked automaticly
  • Started APU and so on
  • ........and from now on I have to do everything myself......
  • After I started the engines and taxiing all Checklists on the Left MCDU3 Side became a "*". 
  • ....I did ignore that from now on to go on with taxiing and flying.

I would really like to have some hinds if I proceeded correctly or like intended or how I have to proceed via a Work around to use all Checklists and CoPilot functions.

I did install Version 1.0.0.6 today.

I am on P3D Version 4.5.13.32097

Looking forward to become some help.

I would also like to add a few suggestions for the checklists:

1. Maybe it  would be possible to manually "start" the next checklist by clicking on the MCDU Left/Right keys. 
  2. Possibility to reset "all" checklist. In combination with 1 a user could decide to run the appropriate checklist again.

Regards Marcus (EDDF)

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 22 Minuten, mpo910 sagte:
  • All went well untill the message "Close doors". Nothing happend from here.
  • So I decided to call Pushback via GSX menu
  • Doors closed automaticly
  • Gate undocked automaticly

Hi Marcus,

unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the issue you stated.

• If you are using GSX then in the MCDU3 GROUNDSERVICE menu the option GSX SERVICES should be enabled = YES (green).
  • When the COCKPIT PREPARATION CL has been completed the message on the INFOBAR (which should also be enabled) states: CLOSE DOORS or START GSX PUSHBACK.....
  • Calling GSX Pushback was the right thing you did because it normally automatically removes the jetways and closes all doors. Did you check that really all doors were closed? Normally after all doors are closed the BEFORE ENGINE START CL automatically starts...... you do not have to do anything. But unfortunately sometimes GSX needs some time before it closes the doors......
  • I suggest to try the same procedure again and this time manually close all doors...... and then start the GSX Pushback from its menu.
  • Starting the APU is normally a procedure of the BEFORE ENGINE START CL.
  • Are you using the latest GSX2 update - using the FSDT LIVE UPDATE - because GSX changeds its PB procedure some time ago?
  • Because of a lot of pre-conditions it is not possible to start the BEFORE ENGINE START CL manually.

If you still have problems please come back. But please also tell me which airport / gate you are departing from and which doors were open when you started the checklist. The best would be to send us a video .......

Regards,

Rolf

Hello Rolf,

Thanks for your support.

I did run the GSX 2 Live Updater yesterday for the last time.

The GSX Groundservice Menu in MCDU 3 is enabled, I checked that already.

The Message in the Infobar appeared to close the doors

The doors (Left 1 and 2 and Cargo Front and Back) closed and 1 jetway, which was docked at door 1, automatically  retracted after calling for Pushback. I took a few seconds, but it was ok. I checked the door status via ECAM (all green) and MCDU 3 "Door Page", also checked outside view, because I knew that there where some user questions and irritations here. But all went well till here.

I will test again and close all doors manually, before calling for Pushback.

The issue occured this time (had same problems at EDDF, LEBL) at:

Airport: EDDM Gate 214 A/B

Called the Pushback via GSX Pop Up Menu with Key "TAB" which I binded. 

But the Checklist did not recognize that all doors where closed. Also I saw that the "Checklist Message" blinking on/off in MCDU 3 disappeared before GSX closed the doors. How many minutes/Seconds should I wait after closing the doors next time before proceeding manually (without checklists)?

I will investigate some time  today and tomorrow and if necessary you always possible to view "online" how I proceed. Maybe we can tackle the issue down. 

The trouble startet around you guys brought out 1.0.0.4 and GSX performed the latest update (around the same time). No other changes made after that. I updated to 1.0.0.6 today.

I will report after my next flight!

Great product and also great copilot and checklist features. I raises the immersion!

Regards Marcus

Did a new test.

Scenario:

LPPT Gate 142 to LPMA

GSX on

As above just closed the doors manually. Now it works. At least the checklist would go further after closed the doors.

Now after I started the before takeoff checklist the LDG Lights where set on. As it should be. BUT: After the after take off checklist they stay on, also above FL100. I could not turn them off again. In MCDU 3 the "Skipp Item" message stays in there. Everytime I would turn of the LDG Lights (Just them) I hear the pilot saying "Lights ON" and the lights are immidiatly set on again. I can reproduce this step as often as I want. Lights always stay on.

If I Turn the Ckecklist with L1 Key in MCDU3 off, then I can turn off the LDG Lights. The "Skip Item message disappears also. As soon as I turn "on the Checklist via L1 Key in MCDU3, the LDG would be set on again and the pilot is calling "Lights on" again. So something seem to be stucked. Also the "Passing 10000 Feet Message from the copilot comes too late. This message comes just after she said "2000". I set my CRZ Level to FL 390. So she turned the seatbeltssigns off at 390.

Seems wrong to me.

Setting the Baros to STD did not happen. They stayed at 1030MB untill I turned them off at FL70 (Portugal Transition Level =FL60)

So a few Issues left at this scenario:

1. LDG Lights stayed on and could not set off again untill you disable the Checklist via LSK1 in MCDU3
  2. Baro not set to standard
  3. Seatbeltsigns turned off at FL390 (=CRZ FL in my scenario)
  4. Message "Passing 10000 Feet comes after 2000 (in my case at FL 370)

It seems a little buggy to me. But I am not sure if the "problem" sits in front of my PC or there are really some bugs in your code.

Would be kind to become some feedback. I think this should be investigated some further.

Thanks

Marcus

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but there are so many different issues mentioned in this thread and I prefer if there would be one for every issue with a clear subject. This would make it much easier for me to answer and for other users to find the answer or solution for their problem:

Start of Before Engine Start CL: Please next time wait until the GSX PB truck has arrived and the PB crew announces that it is connected to the plane. Please see also my questions to another user in the thread called:

Landing Lights: OK - please have a look into the thread: 

BARO not set to Standard: Completely new for me and nothing had been changed in this respect for along time. Did you check the MCDU that it states the right value?

Seatbelt Signs: In the A330 those are turned off at 20.000 feet and on again before descent....... (Standard SOP of one of the major European airlines)

Passing 10.000 feet message and actions: Completely new for me and nothing had been changed in this respect for along time. No idea what could have caused this behaviour.

Regards,

Rolf

4 minutes ago, Hanse said:

Landing Lights: OK - please have a look into the thread: 

BARO not set to Standard: Completely new for me and nothing had been changed in this respect for along time. Did you check the MCDU that it states the right value?

Seatbelt Signs: In the A330 those are turned off at 20.000 feet and on again before descent....... (Standard SOP of one of the major European airlines)

Passing 10.000 feet message and actions: Completely new for me and nothing had been changed in this respect for along time. No idea what could have caused this behaviour.

Regards,

Rolf

Hey Rolf, it seems like its not linked to 10000ft, I did a quick test .... right after before takeoff checklist when copilot turns on landing lights. You cannot turn them off, it just keeps turning them back on.

• Deputy Sheriffs
gerade, skwal sagte:

Hey Rolf, it seems like its not linked to 10000ft, I did a quick test .... right after before takeoff checklist when copilot turns on landing lights. You cannot turn them off, it just keeps turning them back on.

I know. Please have a look into the thread I mentioned. There you find an update file to solve the issue.......

6 minutes ago, Hanse said:

I know. Please have a look into the thread I mentioned. There you find an update file to solve the issue.......

Yep, found it in my thread :) already applied. For now i'm mid flight but will test once on the ground.

The issues with the landing lights coould not turned off (saw your new XML) I will test this. 

1. Baro not set to standard at Transitionlevel during climb still open (I will make another thread if this is reproducable). So just ignore this here
  2. Seatbeltsigns not turned off at FL200 at climb still open (I will make a new separate thread if this is reproducable) So just ignore this here
  3. Resuming the Before Start checklist after closing the doors via GSX 2 still open. This should remain open as it has some issues in my opinion and test. I will test this further.

• Hanse changed the title to Start of BEFORE START CL after 1.0.0.6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

A new update 1.0.0.7 is available now which regarding the checklist and copilot solves the following issues:

• BEFORE ENGINE START CL: Starting issue in connection with GSX closing doors - solved -
  • ECAM PAGES: Manually selected by CL are now reset to standard when next CL item is called
  • CHRONO FO: Set ON when takeoff thrust is set and stopped after landing
  • VC LIGHTS: When C&D as well as TO state is used VC-lights are automatically set to "flight" when TAXI CL is started
  • LANDING LIGHTS: Were not really ON after descending below 10k feet even that OVHD switch was ON - solved  
  • BEFORE TAKEOFF - Landing Lights are now automatically switched on when plane enters the departure runway.

I therefore will close this topic and ask you if there are still " checklist issues" to open a new thread.

Regards,

Rolf

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived