Altitude increase changes CRZ ALT

Sharkbait

Using v1.0.0.5, if you dial the altitude to greater than the planned cruise altitude, it will become the new planned cruise altitude in the MCDU.

Normally, the MCP altitude would not override the CRZ ALT until you push the altitude knob in.

Video attached for reference.

Please login to view this video.

Video didn't upload correctly, take two.

On 1/2/2020 at 6:16 AM, Sharkbait said:

Using v1.0.0.5, if you dial the altitude to greater than the planned cruise altitude, it will become the new planned cruise altitude in the MCDU.

Normally, the MCP altitude would not override the CRZ ALT until you push the altitude knob in.

Video attached for reference.

Video didn't upload correctly, take two.

Hi Sharkbait

Are you still having this issue with v1.0.0.6. I am not able to reproduce this issue.

Markus

I'm using 1.0.0.6 now, and I can't reproduce it just now after reaching cruise.

The original issue happened on the second flight, near TOD. I'll see if something different happens near TOD on my current flight.

13 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I'm using 1.0.0.6 now, and I can't reproduce it just now after reaching cruise.

The original issue happened on the second flight, near TOD. I'll see if something different happens near TOD on my current flight.

Great that the issue might be gone. Enjoy your flight :D

Markus

Managed to recreate it. I think it occurs when multiple step climbs take place.

I'm currently at FL390. I set 410, then entered managed altitude and it set the cruise altitude to 410, which is normal.

I then dragged the altitude back to 390, set the cruise altitude to 390. Now when I increase the altitude, the CRZ ALT increases immediately with it, without entering managed mode.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:16 PM, Sharkbait said:

You are wrong, That's the way it works in real life. So it's not a bug.

3 hours ago, Polo said:

You are wrong, That's the way it works in real life. So it's not a bug.

Polo,

Literally every reference I've ever read about the Airbus series would indicate that this is not correct function. I'm not convinced that if I inadvertently dial the FCU altitude to FL430 (as shown in the video above) that the aircraft will just agree and assume that FL430 is my cruise altitude. You need to initiate it (Push the FCU ALT knob in) prior to it transferring to the PROG page CRZ ALT.

Do you have a reference or source that you could point me to that says otherwise?

I know, maybe you can found it in FCOM or other, but it's a fact, when you dial inadvertently a higher altitude, you only have a second for turning back to a lower or right altitude without change. Otherwise it's just right how does it works, with MCDU message ( NEW CRZ ALT FL XXX ) , etc, etc. Same as your video.

5 minutes ago, Polo said:

I know, maybe you can found it in FCOM or other, but it's a fact, when you dial inadvertently a higher altitude, you only have a second for turning back to a lower or right altitude without change. Otherwise it's just right how does it works, with MCDU message ( NEW CRZ ALT FL XXX ) , etc, etc. Same as your video.

My point is, I have found it in an FCOM and many references, and in the video it's not acting the way it's meant to per those documents.

Do you have anything that says otherwise, apart from just you saying it's correct in the Aerosoft version?

I might also point out, that 90% of the time, the Aerosoft aircraft does not perform the way it did in the video, and the NEW CRZ ALT message does not appear until I do push the FCU ALT knob.

30 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

My point is, I have found it in an FCOM and many references, and in the video it's not acting the way it's meant to per those documents.

Do you have anything that says otherwise, apart from just you saying it's correct in the Aerosoft version?

I might also point out, that 90% of the time, the Aerosoft aircraft does not perform the way it did in the video, and the NEW CRZ ALT message does not appear until I do push the FCU ALT knob.

Guys,

I'm sure Jouka will speak to our real world A330 pilots... I sure as heck don't know the actual answer here, but I'm sure they do.  Anyway, let's please table this conversation until Jouka gets back with you.

Let's keep it friendly!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi guys,

I had a look into some manuals as well as confirmed from our real world pilot advisers. The correct behaviour is that the PROG CRZ FL changes with the FCU altitude dial when higher altitude is selected compared to the PROG page CRZ value. For this to update it does not need push or pull of the ALT knob.

I also made some quick tests on our Airbus and found some inconsistencies with this that we will have a further look onto. But the bottom line is that the FMGS PROG CRZ FL should update automatically with the dial when higher FL is dialed.

21 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Let's keep it friendly!

I didn't intend to sound hostile. When someone states something as fact (especially on the internet) and you don't know their background or where the information has come from, it never hurts to question it, especially when you have conflicting information.

5 hours ago, Secondator said:

But the bottom line is that the FMGS PROG CRZ FL should update automatically with the dial when higher FL is dialed.

Good to know. Ironically, it seems I've managed to bug it in to correct function?

Archived