BEFORE ENGINE START CL - not starting

• Deputy Sheriffs

There were a lot of different comments on this subject and therefore I am summarizing all the problems and our findings in this new thread. All the other threads in connection with this issue will now be closed. There were two main reasons for this problem we finally found out:

1. The COCKPIT PREP CL was not completed because the user made the necessary settings himself (copilot disabled) and there was still one item left for which the checklist missed the necessary settings. So it did not proceed to the next checklist.
  2. At the same time when we released 1.0.0.4 - nothing was changed in this respect - GSX updated its pushback function. GSX newly implemented a delay between starting the pushback via the GSX menu and p. e. until the tow truck arrives and the procedure really starts. If only the GSX pushback function is used (no jetway seperately earlier removed)  then the doors automatically are closed only after the truck arrived and it had been connected to the plane (steering pin in position). This delay sometimes "took" several minutes and the long pause started a conflict with the "Cabin Crew Sound" (if enabled). Therefore the checklist did not commence and stopped. 

There is from our side only one thing we can currently do and that is to solve the conflict with the "Cabin Crew Sound". This we did and the solution will be included in the next experimental update 1.0.0.6 to be released during this week. So the checklist works and commences after all doors are closed even after a longer break. But based on the "GSX pushback delay" this can take some minutes. As a workaround you can manually close the doors after starting the GSX pushback until we find together with GSX another more suitable solution.

If you still have similar problems after updating to 1.0.0.6 please let us know. But in that case we need a detailed description of every step you did  - the best would be a video. Our problem in this case was that the information we got was not complete and it took us a long time to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Rolf 

• Hanse pinned this topic

I've loaded the 1.0.0.6 update and still have the issue with the automated checklist after the close door notification.  It works on my A320, but not on the A330.  There seems to now be several threads about this,  It happens to me everytime, and I'm confident that the cockpit prep completed and the doors are closed

I have never run into close door issues. But lets look at it from the real world perspective. Once the co-pilot is in place, we can assume that everyone is already in the plane.

What I generally do is, once I start the assisted checklist "Cockpit Preparation" I close doors (not before but after I start the check list) via the MCDU 3. Right about 3-4 checklist items in, I turn on the parking brake. This way, you will largely avoid any issues with doors and you can do all the prep you need for the plane. By the time you're done your prep chances are you will already be sitting at the "GSX pushback piece".

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

A new update 1.0.0.7 is available now which regarding the checklist and copilot solves the following issues:

• BEFORE ENGINE START CL: Starting issue in connection with GSX closing doors - solved -
  • ECAM PAGES: Manually selected by CL are now reset to standard when next CL item is called
  • CHRONO FO: Set ON when takeoff thrust is set and stopped after landing
  • VC LIGHTS: When C&D as well as TO state is used VC-lights are automatically set to "flight" when TAXI CL is started
  • LANDING LIGHTS: Were not really ON after descending below 10k feet even that OVHD switch was ON - solved  
  • BEFORE TAKEOFF - Landing Lights are now automatically switched on when plane enters the departure runway.

I therefore will close this topic and ask you if there are still " checklist issues" to open a new thread.

Regards,

Rolf

• Hanse locked this topic
  • Hanse unpinned this topic

Archived