CRJ Prof and Charts NavDataPro / Navigraph

From the german Forum :

Hi there,

I had bought the daily version of NavDataPro Charts two days ago to test this in the EFB of my CRJ Pro, unfortunately, like all the others, it only caused P3D to crash immediately.

Now my question, since I'm not so clear with the English and most talk about the A330 ...., will there be an update for the CRJ so that the charts work?

Are there any crash problems with the Navigraph charts? Then the question is, are there any functional restrictions with Navigraph, since Aerosoft prefers NavDataPro.

Thank you in advance

greeting

Bernhard

P.s.

the following error is shown in the windows10 event display:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.5.13.32097, Zeitstempel: 0x5d8abf93
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ucrtbase.dll, Version: 10.0.18362.387, Zeitstempel: 0x4361b720
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000006c4c8
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1b84
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d5bc868a889d3a
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Berichtskennung: 2e7d4501-3555-491e-8086-73e0be74d5ee
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Details :

Prepar3D.exe
   5d8abf93
   ucrtbase.dll
   4361b720
   c0000409
   000000000006c4c8
   1b84
   01d5bc868a889d3a
   H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
   C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
   2e7d4501-3555-491e-8086-73e0be74d5ee

• Developer

I don't see any problems with the NDP Charts here. At which step did the crash occur? Entering login data? Selecting an airport? Selecting a chart group? Selecting a chart?

Also, which airport and chart did you try to load?

it happens to me every time i select a specific Chart. I tried several Airports EDDF, KLAX, VHHH, EDDH, FAOR and many more. I havent had a single case were it woked.

Hello Hans,
at every airport!
When buying the daily version for the first time, I was shown the charts for selection in the airports, but when I clicked on whichever charts came the P3D crash promptly.
With the second day version I also had the impression that the CRJ would not be able to cope with it, because there was no response from the ICAO, the version went online. Unfortunately, it is also not possible to tell whether something has been saved, etc., since the buttons do not move when you click.
Now I have of course bought a monthly version from Navigraph and everything went straight away without any problems. It's just a shame if I had to get the expensive NavigraphCharts with my small pension.
Best regards
Bernhard

• Developer

@DKB Do you use this one day subscription too?

@Berndie The one day version only allows access for 24 hours, no longer. It's not meant to give you the complete set of charts but without updates. Is it possible that you tried to access the charts after those 24 hours passed?

• Developer

I've been trying to reproduce this ever since this thread was posted but I don't get any crashes here.

Do these crashes happen when you try to access the first chart after loading the aircraft?

Hi there,

I can't help you now because I won't buy the charts again if they don't work, hopefully the others can help. For me it was as described, no matter which card and which subsection.

Gruß

Bernhard

Yes, the crash always happens when i try to access the first chart. It will list the charts related to an airport but the moment i click in one of them it's CTD. I also have a Navigraph subscription and their charts work OK,  but i prefer LIDO a million times and would like to be able to access the Navdata charts.

• Developer

The situation here is still the same. No crashes.

Can you check in the registry editor, if you may be have a leading or trailing blank (or other whitespace) in your email or serial number?

Please login to display this image.

Press Windows + R, enter "regedit" and hit enter. Then navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Professional" and check the entries NDP.1 and NDP.2. If NDP.3 is empty, please let me know as well. If you are not sure, you can send me a screenshot by personal message (but please not here).

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with an annual sub to navdatapro. the only reason I bought this plane was this feature that doesn't work ! I entered the login information in the options menu with DAVE and hit save options. Then as soon as I click Charts I get CTD and repeat and same thing. Tried rebooting and try again and as soon as I hit Charts I get CTD. everything else works with the aircraft as long as you don't click on the charts option. 

Very frustrating for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please advise when there is a fix for this problem that I am not the only one suffering from. 

8 hours ago, Johnnyo411 said:

I have the same problem with an annual sub to navdatapro. the only reason I bought this plane was this feature that doesn't work ! I entered the login information in the options menu with DAVE and hit save options. Then as soon as I click Charts I get CTD and repeat and same thing. Tried rebooting and try again and as soon as I hit Charts I get CTD. everything else works with the aircraft as long as you don't click on the charts option. 

Very frustrating for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please advise when there is a fix for this problem that I am not the only one suffering from. 

*******RESOLVED ********

After opening the Aerosoft updater and checking the box to allow experimental updates there was an update available. After updating the product to the available version the problem has been resolved. Charts are now fully functional as designed. 

Thank you Mathis for addressing this problem awesome plane and now fully enjoyable. 

Will be looking to get the A330 next! 

Thanks again 

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.1.2020 at 14:26, Hans Hartmann sagte:

The situation here is still the same. No crashes.

Can you check in the registry editor, if you may be have a leading or trailing blank (or other whitespace) in your email or serial number?

Please login to display this image.

Press Windows + R, enter "regedit" and hit enter. Then navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Professional" and check the entries NDP.1 and NDP.2. If NDP.3 is empty, please let me know as well. If you are not sure, you can send me a screenshot by personal message (but please not here).

NDP.1 and NDP.2 are filled with the correct email and serial number, NDP.3 however is empty on my registry. I tried to resolve the issue with several reinstallations of the crj pro and I even deleted the registry entries (with backup of cause) but the issue still remains and I get CTDs every time pressing the Chart tab with NDP. I can actually live without the feature but it is always a bit risky when i want to select the checklist, I sometimes hit the Chart tab by accident and that is the end of my flight :( 

• Developer

NDP.3 contains the token that you get after the first login. I'm working with another customer and sent him several versions of the CRJ gauge with extended logging etc. to find out why it simply doesn't work for a handful of people. Unfortunately, this is a completely inexplicable issue - when I use the same CRJ installer, e-mail or serial number as the other customer does, everything works just fine.

If you like, I can send you the test gauge as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I THINK I've worked this out..... in the OPTIONS page in the EFB.... for selection of the Chart package - Navigraph or NavdataPro... it appears that NavdataPro requires you to log in (even if you already are). IF you log in  it will generate a new token, which doesn't match the one at NDP3 in the registry, and P3D will crash with a checksum error. 

Solution..... when you first install, use options to login. the CLOSE P3D. When you re-open, DO NOT log in again, go straight to the charts page in the EFB, and it will work - or it does for me anyway.

EDIT.... or rather, it works at first, but start clicking about and changing a taxi chart to a SID, and it falls over in a big heap again. At the moment I'm not using it.

Archived