A320s Fuel Planner !!

Naif Alloush

hi and happy new year

just wanted to fly the a321 first time after having the A330 and here is what I get in the fuel planner ! ( look at the cg and trim )

that's after installing the a330

thanx

Please login to display this image.

Yeah, there are already threads on this my friend.  Our developers made a mistake with the A330 Fuel Planner that resulted in it not working for the A320.  Terrible, I know.  They will be back next week and it's on the schedule to get fixed.  We're frustrated by this as well.

Here is what you can do... it requires moving the fuel planner files around a little though.

Below is a zipped file for the latest A318/A319/A320/A321 Fuel Planner.  It does not work with the A330, but when you wish to fly the smaller Airbuses you can can rename the existing Fuel Planner folder to something like "A3XX Fuel Planner-A330" and then copy the unzipped Fuel Planner folder (below) to the same directory and then use that for the smaller buses.  When you want to make an A330 flight, rename the (now) existing Fuel Planner folder to AXX Fuel Planner-SmallerBuses" and then rename the A330 Fuel Planner folder to "A3XX Fuel Planner".  I hope I explained that well enough.

Let me know how it works?

Again, we hope to have this resolved quickly after the Dev team gets back.

Best wishes.

A3XX Fuel Planner.zip

Hello all,

I have updated the A320/321 with the new installer, bu the Fuel Planner dosen't work. Let me explain: the CoG now works, but it means that the trim is always positioned in Down. It doesn't seem normal to me.

I tried to set different setting with different PAX, Cargo, wind and FL to change the amount of fuel, but it continues to give me only as trim on A320 it makes me select at max 0.0, on the A321 it makes me select at max DOWN 0.4 .

I ran the installation after: removing the old A320/321 Pro, restarting the PC, deactivating the antivirus, running the installation as Admin, restarting the PC and at the end opening the Fuel Planner.

Good afternoon to all.

I am having the same problem/question mark as magna91.

I have just updated the Airbus Professional 318/19/20/21 to 1.3.0.0 (full reinstall). A330 is at 1.0.0.4 (waiting for the dust to set before making the update to the next stable version).

A3XX fuel planner correctly accepts selection of the various models and correctly calculates  fuel, however takeoff trim setting is always in the "down" range. 

In the past, i.e. before installing the A330, TO trim settings were in a more reasonable "up" range.

I have just tried a flight from LEMD with a A320; T/O weight 67,100 kg, fuelplanner gave a TOW % MAC = 36.6%, ZFW % MAC 30.3 and 1.8 DOWN trim setting.

The slider allows adjusting the TOW CG only between 34.3% and 37.3%

Using the same input data on another W&B online calculator for the A320, I obtain a TO CG of 28.4% and a takeoff trim setting of 0.0 (UP).

Using the fuelplanner that DAVE provided in this thread suggesting to swap one for the other when using the widebody or the narrowbodies, I obtain slightly different results, TO COG calculated as 35.3% and TO trim at 1.5 DOWN, but still largely negative.

alfatango

• 4 weeks later...

I keep having problems with the fuel planner. I did the update first to 1.3.0.0 and little has changed (now I only saw Nose Down always and no longer 0.0 always), then I did 1.3.0.1 and like the versions before always Nose Down...now 1.3.0.2 comes out and I think it is all correct. Instead always Nose Down! The tirm goes UP only if I go out of all the weights of the plane. If on an A321 I set 180 pax, 12615 kg of cargo and for example 11.731 KG of fuel, then I can set Trim UP0.7, with all the previous values they are always in Trim Down.

You can correct this problem. Thank you so much

Please note concerning the A318?A319/A320/A321 and A330, there is one major remaining issue with fuel planning/fuel burn and that's with the A320/A321 fuel burn at cruise (it's not a horrible issue, but requires tweaking on our end due to the many other changes we've made). We're tweaking that for the next update which is coming soon.  Other than that, we've pretty much nailed things down.

We'll keep you updated on when the next update is released.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, magna91 said:

Any news about the new update? 

The A320/A321 Fuel Planner has been updated (really it was reverted) and will be included in the upcoming update.

We are waiting to include some EFB updates, but it's taking longer than we had hoped.  As soon as that's done the update should get released.

For other reasons, I'm actually more keen to get the update out to you guys than any of you guys are as it's holding me back with my work with the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community, so just as soon as it's ready we'll get it out to you guys!

Archived