A3xx Fuel Planner balance update

Sharkbait

Noticed this planning for a flight today. I've only got the AS330 installed, v1.005. Didn't find it on a quick forum search.

The fuel planner balance parameters do not update if you manually enter the fuel figure in to the fuel planner. I use PFPX for my planning, so I just enter my block fuel in to the fuel planner to generate a loadsheet. This however, does not actually update the information on the left hand side regarding the fuel diagram and balance. The data you entered is sent to the sim correctly, but the resulting balance is incorrect.

Here is the fuel planners calculation for LIRF-CYUL, TOW %MAC is 35.9 and trim is neutral.

Please login to display this image.

My PFPX planning requires 63,000kg of fuel, so I entered that figure. Note that the fuel diagram on the left does not change, nor does the balance information at the bottom. Normally, I would send this to the sim now, and it would give me 63,000kg and the loadout requested, but the balance information is now incorrect.

If I now manipulate the parameters to give me 63,000kg of fuel (increase trip distance, reserves etc.), the balance is now re-calculated and shows a massively different trim value of 32.6% with trim UP 1.2

Given a majority of people would use either PFPX or simbrief for planning, could the entering of total fuel be used to update the balance data, rather than having to falsely manipulate the fuel figures to spit out the desired fuel? The difference in trim is quite significant.

Tried running as admin, no difference.

Just to clarify, the issue I am having is when I manually enter a fuel figure in the total on the right hand side, it doesn't change the data on the left, regardless of whether I hit enter, tab out of the fuel figure box etc. The running total and total fuel per the second image do not match and I get the wrong CG/trim figures.

Entries are as follows.

I get the fuel/ZFW from PFPX.

Slide the pax numbers to match and then slide the cargo to get the desired ZFW.

Enter the block fuel in to the 'total' section.

Hit generate loadsheet.

But the 'running total' does not change to reflect what fuel I have entered, and hence does not update on the left hand side.

No. I've only got the 330 installed.

Do you mean set the trim, or CG manually? The trim is set based on the CG. I understand you can adjust the CG. That is not the issue I am having.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Sharkbait said:

No. I've only got the 330 installed.

Do you mean set the trim, or CG manually? The trim is set based on the CG. I understand you can adjust the CG. That is not the issue I am having.

I know what you mean. I will forward to the  responsible dev.

Ah, it took me seeing this on the computer instead of my tiny little phone... now i understand.

The values in the fuel planner won't update like that, however it does load the tanks properly in the aircraft.

Good morning Dave. i noticed after the updated fuel planner , the all busses one, when i slide the adj cg slider the tow doesnt go green like it used to in the a330. is there a tutorial on proper set up . i use  simbrief and the adjust the sliders in the fuel planner to set the tow and change the block fuel to the simbrief calculations. thanks sir and be blessed, steve t the old fart

ps also i see the values of the fuel planner are way lower than the simbrief ones. ex. cyul to lebl fl 370 fuel planner suggest a block of 36,283 kg but simbrief shows 42,524 kg.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, mousemansteven said:

Good morning Dave. i noticed after the updated fuel planner , the all busses one, when i slide the adj cg slider the tow doesnt go green like it used to in the a330. is there a tutorial on proper set up . i use  simbrief and the adjust the sliders in the fuel planner to set the tow and change the block fuel to the simbrief calculations. thanks sir and be blessed, steve t the old fart

ps also i see the values of the fuel planner are way lower than the simbrief ones. ex. cyul to lebl fl 370 fuel planner suggest a block of 36,283 kg but simbrief shows 42,524 kg.

The FuelPlanner is just a rough estimation of the required fuel. You can cross check if that value is sufficient, if you call the FUEL PRED page and check EFOB when the complete route/appr and wind data is entered.

I will cross check the cog slider item. But changing CoG does not change the TOW! Only distribution.

I have noticed that with the update, the baby buses fuel planner is giving me a very low cargo limit before hitting red on the landing weight and in some cases - red even when there is no cargo (see images below). In addition the trim setting does not allow for up values, only down.

Is this a known issue?

Greetings,

Just wanted to know if this issues is being looked at.

Also, I just wish to ask if after the removal of the older versions (of the baby bus) were we to remove the A333 before we reinstalled the small buses? Does it require a sequence?

1 hour ago, Caribbean_Redz said:

Greetings,

Just wanted to know if this issues is being looked at.

Also, I just wish to ask if after the removal of the older versions (of the baby bus) were we to remove the A333 before we reinstalled the small buses? Does it require a sequence?

Its not absolutely necessary but I recommend it. Unistall everything and reinstall the baby busses first. I posted a procedure for this which is pinned to the top of tge Airbus Pro Everything Else topic. I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link to it.

20 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Its not absolutely necessary but I recommend it. Unistall everything and reinstall the baby busses first. I posted a procedure for this which is pinned to the top of tge Airbus Pro Everything Else topic. I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link to it.

Ok, I just did a reinstall, but with the A333 first... and I am still seeing the same issue.

I will attempt to do it the other way around and report back.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The updated fuel planner we've been testing is not out yet. That would be version 1.0.0.7. Which vetsion do you have installed?

I am up to date with all three installers... 1.0.0.6

But thank you for assuring that you all are working on the fuel planner because it just didn't make sense that all my flights in the baby bus have a trim down...

3 minutes ago, Caribbean_Redz said:

I am up to date with all three installers... 1.0.0.6

But thank you for assuring that you all are working on the fuel planner because it just didn't make sense that all my flights in the baby bus have a trim down...

Thats correct. The update should be out soon.

I updated to 1.0.0.7 tonight and noticed an issue.  I used the fuel planner to prepare for a flight.  For example, it generated a fuel value of 22 tons.  I loaded the plane, entered the fuel page and initiated load sheet.  The cargo, passenger values and fuel populated.  But, when hitting "load instantly, " the amount of fuel loaded onto the aircraft was approximately 2 tons more than it should be.  The FOB on the upper ECAM shows the additional fuel vs. what was generated in the fuel planner.  Thanks in advance for any response or observations.   

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Norcal Bear said:

I updated to 1.0.0.7 tonight and noticed an issue.  I used the fuel planner to prepare for a flight.  For example, it generated a fuel value of 22 tons.  I loaded the plane, entered the fuel page and initiated load sheet.  The cargo, passenger values and fuel populated.  But, when hitting "load instantly, " the amount of fuel loaded onto the aircraft was approximately 2 tons more than it should be.  The FOB on the upper ECAM shows the additional fuel vs. what was generated in the fuel planner.  Thanks in advance for any response or observations.   

I can't recreate. Can you provide a screenshot of the fuelpaner, MCDU3 and ECAM after instant load, please?

8 hours ago, Norcal Bear said:

Did you run the updater as Admin?

Sorry for the late response, but I was able to finally sit down and troubleshoot on my end.  As far as the updater, no, I did not have it set to run as admin (new Windows 10 install and I forgot about that).  But, that is now set.  I uninstalled the A330, reinstalled, updated to 1.0.0.7....same problem.  Fuel amount was showing an extra 2 tons versus what I set in the planner and the fuel loading light kept blinking.  I uninstalled again and this time, I removed the A330.xml file from the fuel planner/aircraft data folder.  Reinstalled and tested with version 1.0.0.0 and fuel was set correctly from the planner.  I updated to 1.0.0.7 and the correct amount of fuel was set from the planner.  So, not sure if that .xml file was the culprit or not but at least it is working again.       

aiight so I would have done the reinstall of all the buses.

However, the fuel planner is still giving me an issue that I am not "ok" with. Regardless of what payload I have in the fuel planner for the A318-321, it gives me a trim setting of "down"... only in the A333 it shows a trim setting of up.

Is that something you are aware of?

Regards,

On 1/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, Norcal Bear said:

I had this occur yesterday.  If you have GSX selected and load less fuel than is already onboard, you have to call the fuel truck via GSX to defuel.  I don't like this, but I'm not sure we can do anything about it except de-select GSX in MCDU3.

Archived