Please login to display this image.

Cheers,

2 hours ago, edetroit said:

Nice set. What is the gear animation like on this model? I have searched YouTube for a video of this A330 landing external view.....nada.

Thanks.  I have not checked the actual gear animation myself, I will make a point to do so and report back tomorrow.  The gear modelling is beautiful though.  I was admiring that yesterday.  It is very detailed.

5 hours ago, scotth6 said:

@edetroit

Here are a couple of vids showing the gear animations.

Cheers,

Looks nice.

What I meant was on touchdown actuall,. gear suspension and gear animation. A friend of mine made a touchdown video for me. It struck me that the slight bounce on first tyres touching was missing (gear damping) and the aircraft did not sit flat on it's main bogies before the nose wheel touched down. 

Oh.  OK.  I have not checked that either.

I will have to check it out too.  Not that I usually pay attention to such things.  I mainly just sit in the cockpit, with occasional external glimpses during flight.

2 hours ago, scotth6 said:

I will have to check it out too.  Not that I usually pay attention to such things.  I mainly just sit in the cockpit, with occasional external glimpses during flight.

I am very much the same. I love cockpits, make cockpits/systems and fly my aircraft from the cockpit.

I make FS videos as well. I like to show my  landing/takeoff from the exterior view as well as from the cockpit.

Just seen your landing video. The gear looks lovely. It doesn't sink into the ground....that's great....but.

There is no real sense of weight of the aircraft on the gear (gear damping) and as I said before the bogie is flat on the ground only when the nose wheel touches ....it should be flat well before.

Still it's pretty good compared to what we had before and maybe some tweaks in the aircraft cfg would fix this.

Thank you for taking the time to make the vids. 

Archived