Geneva airport comments from a local

metzgergva

• Developer

Hi, the latest version 1012 is a great improvement over previous ones. The mesh and ground picture enhancement make it much more realistic on approach. Yet I must say that the landscape around the VOR is a bit less hilly towards the highway intersection. Two things should be considered for another update:

1. The grass runway is closed and therefore no PAPI lights are available there anymore

2. Many buildings have a strong blueish touch, while in reality most are typical concrete light grey, except those with gold tinted glass. The tower has a tinted brown glass facade. It turns blue only when you look from ground level upward and you see the reflection of the blue sky on it. So it is a bit a chameleon, but brown is more typical...

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

On 30.12.2019 at 20:37, metzgergva sagte:

1. The grass runway is closed and therefore no PAPI lights are available there anymore

+1

I ask myself how many updates are required until you get this right. The grass RWY was closed already when your first version of LSGG was issued. A quick look to AIP Switzerland (yes, indeed, it DOES exist ) will prove that.

An there is still the fault with the parking positions at the satelit 20. In real life there are 121, 123, 125 and 127 in use ...

Regards

Joël

One thing I noticed is that the approaches have not been re-aligned to 04/22 and are still showing in ADE as 05/23 with the result that ATC does not direct either the user plane or AI to an ILS approach.

Is this being fixed now the AFCAD is up-to-date in other respects?

Archived